• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Pre-season Friendlies

Also remember it was said some trialists would be taking part in the preseason friendlies so there will be more than 16 players

We can now confirm initial details of our pre-season friendlies ahead of the 2023/24 Vanarama National League season.

Blues will kick off against Isthmian League Premier Division outfit Canvey Island in two weeks’ time, and will conclude their preparations with a clash against EFL club AFC Wimbledon at Roots Hall.

The game at Canvey’s Park Lane will take place on Tuesday 11th July, before we make the trip to New Lodge, home of Billericay Town on Saturday 15th July.

Kevin Maher will take his team to play newly-promoted National League North side Bishop’s Stortford on Saturday 22nd July, and we round things off at home a week later against the Dons.

Ticket details for all four fixtures will be confirmed in due course.

2023/24 Initial Pre-Season Schedule

Tuesday 11th July, 7:45pm – Canvey Island (A)
Saturday 15th July, 3pm – Billericay Town (A)
Saturday 22nd July, 3pm – Bishop’s Stortford (A)
Saturday 29th July, 3pm – AFC Wimbledon (H)

Now on the OS.

Who cares! unless we get taken over we are f....d!! The embargo is absolutely killing us!! Players won't be paid,no contracts will be offered and bridge will walk.! Right now can't see any light at the end of the tunnel.Do we really want this kamura group taken over? Because if there pockets were that deep they would have bought the club already.We need the rock or the Saudis to get ron to part with the club! This kamura lot seem like a bunch of jokers!!

Who cares! unless we get taken over we are f....d!! The embargo is absolutely killing us!! Players won't be paid,no contracts will be offered and bridge will walk.! Right now can't see any light at the end of the tunnel.Do we really want this kamura group taken over? Because if there pockets were that deep they would have bought the club already.We need the rock or the Saudis to get ron to part with the club! This kamura lot seem like a bunch of jokers!!
Please Steve go to bed ,have a sleep ,I’ll ring u when it’s all over !😇😇😇😇

Attachments

• images.jpeg-54.jpg
    images.jpeg-54.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 35
More confusion as it seems Enfield play Cambridge City at home on the Sat 22 July at 3pm at Bishop Stortford. They groundshare with Stortford.
Perhaps we are away to Stortford reserves at a neutral venue, ha ha.

Very off topic here but, heard the physio hasn’t turned up to pre season today due to not being paid? Can anyone confirm that… very bad if so

It took me a long time to “get” your posts.

Now I love them. We can have loads of crap going on depressing us all then I read one of your posts and it makes me laugh.

Thank you for making me smile/laugh at this depressing time.

Please keep it up

...PEDANT ALERT...PEDANT ALERT...

I think 'U' r missing something in your username.:Thumbs up:
Funny to be fair fella 👍🏼 however if our players get injured who’s there to treat them then? I know it’s just not the medical team who haven’t been paid but we seriously need some information… us as a collective (the fans) have been left in the dark long enough.

Funny to be fair fella 👍🏼 however if our players get injured who’s there to treat them then? I know it’s just not the medical team who haven’t been paid but we seriously need some information… us as a collective (the fans) have been left in the dark long enough.

I only commented on your missed spelled username!!!

However, I agree with your concerns re lack of medical supervision at training. But I'm sure I read on here somewhere that because of that they were only going to be weighed etc., and do some light fitness work.

Back