• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He's been quality for Huddersfield. I play football with a Huddersfield fan and he absolutely loves him. I think he can make the step up. Barrett looked ok at at times in the CCC and Clarke was the better player.

I think he'll be OK there, he's played in that league before and as Pubey says, I think in our Championship season he looked the more comfortable out of him and Barrett. He might get found out by some of the better, quicker strikers in the division but you won't get a tougher, more committed centre-back than Clarke. He's their captain and has won player of the year twice so he must be doing something right. One of my favourite ever Southend players.

Good League 1 player. Always found it more difficult against the more physical/quality strikers in the championship with us and i expect next season will be a big test for him.

He made mistakes in the final and still ended up MOTM, that's Clarkey all over. Promotion is richly deserved, Simon Grayson was amazingly generous to Lee Clark in building the team, and I hope Peter has a better time in the Chumpionship than he did when we were there. Nice bloke.

Delighted for Clarkey, really top bloke.

He's no superstar and he will get found out with a pacey forward, but he always gave 110% effort and commitment to the cause and that you can never fault.

I know we have discussed this before and I couldn't find the right thread. However, it would really nice if our Stadium Announcer would acknowledge Peter Clarke when he announces the teams for the last time just before kick off. He played over 100 games for the Club and played in the Manchester Utd match as well as scoring the equaliser against Chelsea.

Throughout his career he has been a model pro and has been more than instumental in giving Oldham a fighting chance of staying up.

We have never been very good in saying anything about our former players and this would be a good time to start.

Peter Clarke had a fabulous reception when he came back to the club with Huddersfield as the 1st game of the season. And a reception that he acknowledged by clapping the fans in return.

He was always a class act for us and his memory slightly diminished by RM trying to blame his own personal failings on Clarke's price tag. While Barrett was the fan's favourite Clarke was grafting and doing the hard stuff and making it look simple. I hope he gets a good reception.

I think a testament to PC is the number of player of the season awards he has picked up in his career. Great pro for whichever club he has played for.

Is an extremely simple act of class - to welcome a former Shrimper back home with a few words while announcing the line-ups.
It should be done for every ex-Southend United player.

Is an extremely simple act of class - to welcome a former Shrimper back home with a few words while announcing the line-ups.
It should be done for every ex-Southend United player.

Come on Mr Hogg. 99% agreed but Nicky Bailey???

Ahhhh yes..Mr Bailey. A touch of subtlety required to welcome him ...and put a smile on supporters faces. Is how you say it!

IMHO he was a poor mans Steve Hatter. Always likely to make an almighty balls up and cost a goal.
In fact when describing a defender who messes up massively my crowd of mates always say he had " a touch of the Peter Clarkes "

Lets hope he does the same this Saturday

Never impressed with any player who runs his contract down at our club + leaves for nowt.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back