• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can imagine! Do you reckon it was the Southend thing that was responsible, I mean, let's not forget he was one of those taunting your lot at the end of our win there last season!

Sorry for the late reply OBL, yes the fans were winding him up a little about that from last season, but I think he enjoyed the banter to be honest.
After the game a Southend fan appeared outside the stadium in his SUFC shirt and had obviously taken his dog for a walk, Clarke came out shook his hand and had a chat with him.

Sorry for the late reply OBL, yes the fans were winding him up a little about that from last season, but I think he enjoyed the banter to be honest.
After the game a Southend fan appeared outside the stadium in his SUFC shirt and had obviously taken his dog for a walk, Clarke came out shook his hand and had a chat with him.

Blimey, a rather brave Shrimper and fair play to Clarke for that.

Southend taking the **** in Colchester yet again eh!

;)

Dont know what his first booking was for but his second looked extremely harsh, It's impossible to go up for a header without using your arms for some sort of leverage but there was no deliberate elbow from Clarke.

Clarkey is a Shrimper, Clarkey is a Shrimper, la la la la

Dont think he can complain about the 2nd yellow. His arm was high and made contact with the scum player's head, you just can't do that these days. But I'll let him off as it was Col U.

Wasn't the first thing that Clarke did for us was to play in a reserves game against Colchester and start a ruck!

Last edited:
Wasn't the first think that Clarke did for us was to play in a reserves game against Colchester and start a ruck!

He did the same for Hudds in a friendly vs Newcastle. Part of his strategy to get into the good books of his new club's fans perhaps.

Watched the football league show, they said it was Peter Clarkes initial shot but infact it was Nathan Clarke's shot, typical from the beeb but as they have 3 Clarkes on their books we can let them off just this once ;)

Am I the only one who on an almost weekly basis notices the same old frailties in Peter Clarke's game occuring time and time again. Take Saturday's game vs Leeds as an example. His ball watching/ lack of concentration again led to 2 headed goals in the six yard box. Both times it was his man...but he just waved his arms trying to blame others!! I hear that both Barney's and Lambert's goals for Southampton tonight were again headed goals in the six yard box...rest assured I will be having a close look to see whether "rock solid Clarkey" was to blame!
That man is so over rated it's untrue. It's no coincidence that no league one club he has played for has yet been promoted. That trend will continue this season I'm quite sure. In fact I wouldn't bet against Southampton pipping them to that 6th spot on the last game of the season.

Am I the only one who on an almost weekly basis notices the same old frailties in Peter Clarke's game occuring time and time again.

I suspect so because nobody pays much attention to Huddersfield.

Take Saturday's game vs Leeds as an example. His ball watching/ lack of concentration again led to 2 headed goals in the six yard box. Both times it was his man...but he just waved his arms trying to blame others!! I hear that both Barney's and Lambert's goals for Southampton tonight were again headed goals in the six yard box...rest assured I will be having a close look to see whether "rock solid Clarkey" was to blame!
That man is so over rated it's untrue. It's no coincidence that no league one club he has played for has yet been promoted. That trend will continue this season I'm quite sure. In fact I wouldn't bet against Southampton pipping them to that 6th spot on the last game of the season.

Sounds all so familiar.

More damning that the fact that none of his teams have ever been promoted, is the fact that he's never been part of a solid defensive unit.

I suspect so because nobody pays much attention to Huddersfield.

Sounds all so familiar.

More damning that the fact that none of his teams have ever been promoted, is the fact that he's never been part of a solid defensive unit.

I dont know about that he looked pretty solid at the end of last season alongside dervite and if that would have been the partnership all last season god knows where we could have finnished?

I dont know about that he looked pretty solid at the end of last season alongside dervite and if that would have been the partnership all last season god knows where we could have finnished?

More of a testament to Dervite's overall quality than Clarke's, as every season he was were we were in the bottom four when it came to defensive records.

At fault for 3 of Huddersfield's 5 conceded goals tonight as well and they're beginning to question his place in the team.

i think the biggest misconception about clarkey is that he's "captain and heart of the defense" i liked clarkey but he only became a great defender when playing alongside a better defender then him, ie Dervite, im also abig barrett fan but we were leaking like a sieve with those two as centre backs!
we need a dervite now!!!!!!!!!!!
(or a spinner/eagle :)

Just seen on SSN....

I've seen the penalty appeals:
1) Seen them given, but harsh as they was just sliding in.
2) Doesn't look like he clipped him, but Millwall player was sure.

How I miss him giving away penalties! :)

Just seen on SSN....

I've seen the penalty appeals:
1) Seen them given, but harsh as they was just sliding in.
2) Doesn't look like he clipped him, but Millwall player was sure.

How I miss him giving away penalties! :)

1) Arms raised above your head when sliding in to block a tackle is a penalty.
2) The clip was obvious!

Both were stone wall penalties!

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back