• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Our prospects for next season?

There isn't a team in the league who, at this stage, look like they will run away with it. I think that, despite our disadvantages of being hamstrung by the legal issues and embargo, we still have the core of a team that will be challenging and have time to build on that. To use the old adage, it's a marathon not a sprint.

I suspect it’ll take some time to find our strongest XI. The loss of Fonguck is bigger than some realise and I wouldn’t be surprised if we get off to an indifferent start as we adjust but it’s a long old season and there’s plenty of time to fix things if they aren’t quite right.

It’s always worth remembering that the squad that starts the season won’t be the squad who finishes the season.

Ultimately I expect us to be up there challenging: hopefully for the title but if not the playoffs.

Without the points deduction we’d have finished 5th with being under embargo for the first half of the season. So that should be our bench mark.

We have the same core as last season, so the attitude and worth ethic should still be there, with a bit more depth in the squad we should be pushing for the top three.

As mentioned already there isn’t a “Chesterfield” this season. Barnet have added a load to their squad if they gel may be the team to watch. Eastleigh, Oldham, Rochdale, and Gateshead will all be there or there abouts but all beatable.

A cup run (making it to the second round) would be nice too

We have to be playoffs this year, anything else is massive failure. Last two seasons we have been very close with huge handicaps. They have gone now so no excuses, we have ( so far) kept our best players and added. Only thing we really really need is a a non crab like centre mid, as all our current options are the same type of player

I think the title could be a step too far this year. Too many other strong teams out there who had a head start on recruitment. Play-offs certainly, & if we don’t win those and as long as no more headaches come along (can’t yet bring myself to think we can be ‘normal’ for more than a few months at a time), we should definitely be looking to win the league the following year.

Think it’s a bit hard to really know how this season is going to unfold.
A lot will be decided on how we strengthen the squad. Would love us making the playoffs.
But really just relieved that the club is alive and kicking.

I think it'll be a slow start, due to the fact that we missed out many of our targets, and haven't replaced the likes of Wes in the middle where for me we are most vulnerable.

I am sure with John Still and the 3 amigos we will get it right in time for a late play off surge and then who knows but I think people are getting a bit too confident, due to the recent feel good factor and need to understand this whole thing will take time.

I think at the moment playoffs- but with 3-4 good signings then at least competition for top spot becomes a possibility

Most critical will be the additional striker and creative attacking midfielder

I said it way back along time ago , RM missed the boat when he didnt put the club up for sale when we made it to the championship. He didnt have the dosh to support the club in the Championship so it was all downhill from there .

I'm anticipating a slow start but then a good run followed by a poor spell around the turn of the year and then another good run so that we finish 3rd or 4th.

Back