• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Oldham Athletic v Southend United, Saturday 7th September, 15:00 k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure the team picks itself , but im positive that Maher and co will pick it , what team they pick i not sure off as is the formation they go with, Being as how we only have 1 striker available . will Maher stick with the 5-3-2- with a square peg in a round hole, og go with 4 at the back in a 4-2-3-1, or has someone sugested a diamond midfield. It was also stated that Maher was using Wind in training on the right side .i chose an eleven but not confident off it but confident we going to get a win . Players are fresh with over a week off from there last match, im still hoping for a surprise striker to be announced on the team sheet .

Last edited:
Im not sure the team picks itself , but im positive that Maher and co will pick it , what team they pick i not sure off as is the formation they go with, Being as how we only have 1 striker available . will Maher stick with the 5-3-2- with a square peg in a round hole, og go with 4 at the back in a 4-2-3-1, or has someone sugested a diamond midfield. It was also stated that Maher was using Wind in training on the right side .i chose an eleven but not confident off it but confident we going to get a win . Players are fresh with over a week off from there last match, im still hoping for a surprise striker to be announced on the team sheet .

Think it will be

3-5-1-1

Colin

Gus Taylor crowther Ralph

Miley fosun

Wood Moncur bridge

Pepple

Not a bad team. Potential goals too. But let's play defensive instead and try and lump it forward for pepple to chase or a set piece

Not a bad shout at all, Oldham have mainly played 442 this season so far, the exception being Aldershot away where they lost 4-1 playing 451
We have played 3-6-1 every game actually, so if you do similar, wingbacks will be key.

Screenshot_2024-09-07-09-59-50-428-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

Rochdale fans laughed at us for signing Uchegbulam, but he's been mustard so far.

Hopefully the ball doesn't get bogged down in midfield and it's a good game

I'm expecting something a little different- 4 - 5 -1, maybe.
Colin
Wind, Taylor, Crowther, Ralph
GSM, Husin, Morton, Moncur, Bridge
Pepple

I think we will start with a back three of Taylor, Crowther, Gubbins

Middle 3 of Noor, Forson and Moncur

Gus and Ralph wing backs

Bridge in behind Pepple

From what I’m told Cav didn’t train today

And I think the management team are wary of Bridge defensively against Oldham hence why the above line up …. Don’t have a pop at me as this isn’t what I would want just what I’m hearing

Morton has been a bit of a disappointment hasn’t he?

Maher’s first signing after a long embargo and he just hasn’t been able to break into the starting line-up.

If he doesn’t start with Miley and Coker both out it’s difficult to see when he will start. Not many picking him to start either so it’s not just Maher.

Looking forward to seeing Appiah-Forson in action though. I have big hopes for him.

Maher’s first signing after a long embargo and he just hasn’t been able to break into the starting line-up.

If he doesn’t start with Miley and Coker both out it’s difficult to see when he will start. Not many picking him to start either so it’s not just Maher.

Looking forward to seeing Appiah-Forson in action though. I have big hopes for him.
Miley seemed very much fully involved in this week’s training so expect him to start. Also thought we really picked up when Morton came on in the last game. Think the views have been largely formed of him when playing with Miley and the lack of attacking midfield.

We have played 3-6-1 every game actually, so if you do similar, wingbacks will be key.

View attachment 33766

Rochdale fans laughed at us for signing Uchegbulam, but he's been mustard so far.

Hopefully the ball doesn't get bogged down in midfield and it's a good game
He deserves to get booked just for having too many vowels in his name, outrageous! If any NL Refs are reading this, only joking ok? too many weird decisions from you lot already.

I think we will start with a back three of Taylor, Crowther, Gubbins

Middle 3 of Noor, Forson and Moncur

Gus and Ralph wing backs

Bridge in behind Pepple

From what I’m told Cav didn’t train today

And I think the management team are wary of Bridge defensively against Oldham hence why the above line up …. Don’t have a pop at me as this isn’t what I would want just what I’m hearing

I hope not.

- Ralph's totally ineffective as a wing back.
- Bridge needs to be out wide. Has never had a good game centrally.

We've dropped enough points with square pegs in round holes already.

Morton was brilliant when he came on last game

For those travelling up today, Oldham and the surrounding area is absolutely hammered due to the M62 closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back