• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Oldham Athletic v Southend United, Saturday 7th September, 15:00 k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see what names you would put on 451 or 433. I can't work it without a bit of fudging on natural positions ? Unless you bring Wood in on the right where he looked comfortable for the last 20 minutes or so the other week. But in place of who ?
Collin
Gus Crowther Gubbins Ralph
Miley Taylor Husin
Wood Pepple Bridge

Obviously would mean playing Taylor as a midfielder, but I’m not sure it would hurt to have his ability being used to break up play, bridge/wood can tuck in to create a 5 or could be more advanced as a 3, as you mention, putting wood out wider on the right where he certainly seems more comfortable.

I think the core midfield 3 then has 3 solid alternatives in KAF, Morton, Moncur

I think we will start with a back three of Taylor, Crowther, Gubbins

Middle 3 of Noor, Forson and Moncur

Gus and Ralph wing backs

Bridge in behind Pepple

From what I’m told Cav didn’t train today

And I think the management team are wary of Bridge defensively against Oldham hence why the above line up …. Don’t have a pop at me as this isn’t what I would want just what I’m hearing

Collin
Taylor Crowther Ralph
Gus Husin Miley Morton Bridge
Moncur
Pepple

Suspecting Forson wouldn’t come straight in- but depending how he has trained entirely possible in which case would replace Morton (or Miley if not fit)

Moncur was working very well in the 10 role until Coker was injured verses Dagenham and with one up top we need that creativity and ball retention he brings (also allows him to focus less on defensive duties)

I think we will start with a back three of Taylor, Crowther, Gubbins

Middle 3 of Noor, Forson and Moncur

Gus and Ralph wing backs

Bridge in behind Pepple

From what I’m told Cav didn’t train today

And I think the management team are wary of Bridge defensively against Oldham hence why the above line up …. Don’t have a pop at me as this isn’t what I would want just what I’m hearing
Please not the Bridge at 10 experiment again would be my reaction. It’s not compulsory he plays. Moncur is better in that role. And I would have Morton on the left of the midfield three if Miley isn’t fit. But it’s all opinions…and Kev’s is worth many many multiples more than mine.

Be fun to see

------------------- Colin ------------------

------GSM Taylor Crowther Ralph------

-------------------Miley--------------------

----------- Forsen Moncur------------
Bridge -------------------------- Wood

------------------ Bim---------------------

Highly doubt it tho.

I might get shot down in flames but I wonder if Gus Scott Morris has been considered as a striking role with the potential of playing wind at right wing back. People could start but questions have to be asked about his match fitness. If he can't last the 90 then one man who would be a threat with balls coming into the box would be Gus - he knows where the goal is.

I might get shot down in flames but I wonder if Gus Scott Morris has been considered as a striking role with the potential of playing wind at right wing back. People could start but questions have to be asked about his match fitness. If he can't last the 90 then one man who would be a threat with balls coming into the box would be Gus - he knows where the goal is.
🔫⬇️🔥

No. And if the situation really were that desperate real questions would need to be asked. But Moncur behind Pepple way at Oldham is fine.

Thats a very tidy best 11, our midfield on paper is very good. The subs arent up to much thats all. Easily good enough to tonk Oldham if we dont double park the bus. Very excited to see George and Appiah work some magic. I'm afraid to say, there will be some teams that won't get the ball off us and will drop deeper and deeper. Perfect for our, ahem, free scoring powerhouse of a midfield.

Match day today, hooray. I'm on a positivity trip where I'm ignoring all the fuss and bollocks going on off the pitch, I'm also ignoring all the professional weepers and wailers on here until after 5pm tonight.

We are Southend United, lets be exactly that today, united, and back the lads to give those Northern monkeys a serious Thames Estuary shoeing.

I would agree about people starting. 11 of them for us, ideally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back