• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Oldham Athletic v Southend United, Saturday 7th September, 15:00 k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ATTENTION TO ALL THOSE GOING BY ROAD!

Be aware that the closure of the M62 will significantly impact your arrival at Boundary Park. I used to live in the area and it will be a NIGHTMARE!

I hope the club are aware of this and plans have been made to accommodate this.

Good luck to one and all.

UTB!

Last edited:
I think this is about the best we can salvage right now.

Moncs with a free role in behind Pepple.

Noor and Cav perhaps sitting a bit more and giving KAF license to join attacks.
I think salvage is a little harsh.
Love that midfield 3 now.
A striker light? For sure.
Crowther to score from a set piece....book it.

I think salvage is a little harsh.
Love that midfield 3 now.
A striker light? For sure.
Crowther to score from a set piece....book it.
Yeah maybe the wrong choice of word. It isn't a too bad looking side on paper (with the exception of the untried Pepple who needs to come out the blocks on fire) But nothing off the bench to really change things up if we go behind, is the issue. Another point would be a welcome one I think.

I know this will get shouted down as we seem obsessed with 3.. but I reckon 4 at the back and go 451 or better 433?
Not a bad shout at all, Oldham have mainly played 442 this season so far, the exception being Aldershot away where they lost 4-1 playing 451

Some comments from the Oldham fans forum:

"Southend have lost one or two decent players recently and assuming their train is not cancelled… they will probably see a point at BP as a decent result. Latics on the other hand should be looking for all three - we have to win this one methinks."

"We’re playing quite well, but can’t finish our dinner."

"I’m sure your ‘relatively untested loanee’ Pepple will have a good day out and get his only goal while on loan."

"Got to keep Moncur & Husin quiet. If we can do that we can win the game."

"Can see this being another close game. Need to start as we did at Alty, being on the front foot and hopefully convert a few chances when we are."

"A typical Latics 3-0 defeat incoming."

"Glad your club is finally in good hands."

"We owe them a bit of a battering, same as they gave us at the start of last season. And which we never fully recovered from. 3-0. "

I know this will get shouted down as we seem obsessed with 3.. but I reckon 4 at the back and go 451 or better 433?
I'd like to see what names you would put on 451 or 433. I can't work it without a bit of fudging on natural positions ? Unless you bring Wood in on the right where he looked comfortable for the last 20 minutes or so the other week. But in place of who ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back