• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question OK...where do you want it guv? New stadium locations - hopes and dreams

Simple, use the carpark, all the buildings around it and build a stadium on that 'block'

It's very unlikely to happen, in fact it's a flight of fancy but it would be an ideal location.

Perhaps more reasonable is to take the Liverpool approach and buy up the houses around roots hall as they become available then expand, those blocks of flats behind the south stand would be the first to go
"Would be the first to go..." as they become available right? Not the enforced taking peoples homes away from them? Not sure if you've noticed..there is a housing shortage in the city?

We could rebuild RH.
I would be happy to ground share if I knew we would be returning and having a club To support.
as others have said there are lots of options but it would make sense to CP the flats and shops and then extend the car park. Do away with the ticket office as that could be accommodated in the main stand and then the extra space will allow for more construction of the stadium Including making provisions for the community trust and the space could be utilised for educational purposes and when not using they could be used as conference or training room to hire out.
I would also like a little cafe included as not everyone likes to drink alcohol and this could also be a meeting place and could include the community trust.
I think we all agree there is just so much potential and I really do hope they ask us the supporters for some suggestions

Simple, use the carpark, all the buildings around it and build a stadium on that 'block'

It's very unlikely to happen, in fact it's a flight of fancy but it would be an ideal location.

Perhaps more reasonable is to take the Liverpool approach and buy up the houses around roots hall as they become available then expand, those blocks of flats behind the south stand would be the first to go
If we are gonna stay there, that would be ideal. I imagine financially its a bit of a disastrous proposition.

What it could be, not what it is now.
You mean totally disconnected to any transport links whatsoever. No amoun t of development brings trains, busses and cars any nearer. Can you imagine a football crowd trying to turn right from Southend in Rochford into the one way system? :-) But it is a hope and dream for you...and that satisfies the brief.

Back