• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Official at last. Maher,Currie,Bentley.

On paper, this is an excellent team. Most of us would have been happy with Currie as Head Coach or manager. Bentley always comes across as very good on BBC Essex, like he was wasted at Grays and Canvey. King Kev went beyond everyone in the application process, and went into fine detail on players etc. I remember playing Daggers at Dagenham, and Kev was in the car park talking to Southend fans, including me. You could tell he still wanted to be at Southend. He absolutely loves the club, that was clear. We're in great hands. Give them the tools Ron Martin, regarding better player recruitment, and the future looks very bright.

Great news.

I just hope all the fans give them time especially against Dagenham. If we have our first choice keeper and 6 defenders out we can't get on their back if we lose. It's probably too late to sign anyone bearing in mind the management need to take a closer look at the squad.

Can someone save me doing the research please. Did Akinola have his high scoring season at Barnet when Currie was there ?

Patience is the key. Gonna take time to undo the ****e of the last 3 seasons. All three guys have great credentials and most importantly the character and determination to get us back to where we belong. With a few tweaks we will have a competitive squad. The players will play better knowing they won't get slagged off at the first poor performance.

This works. A good coach with bright ideas in Kevin (not that the other two don't have the same) backed up with some real non-league experience in Currie and Bentley. Can't ask for much more.

Overjoyed ....really feel this could change things for the better
Real hope at last ..let's give them time it will change
Up the blues !

I'm quite impressed by this team. If you look at the CVs all three bring something to the table at this level. I'm not expecting overnight success, but from where we are now a mid table finish and build a platform for next season is what we should be be looking at.
If you do in fact look at the CV’s only Currie brings any experience at this level. 18 months as a manager and another 18 months as a coach.

If you would've given me those three names and those three job titles and asked me who's who I probably would've switched Maher and Currie's name around seeing as Currie has experience as a manager in this league.

Presumably all these appointments are independent of eachother? If this is the case, brilliant. I've had enough of the wholesale backroom changes.

Someone will have to tell me the difference is between manager and head coach. But aside from that I'm really excited by the news, I can't wait for Saturday now.

Back