• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future New 2024/25 kit - sponsored by c2c rail - officially released and available from club shop

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
One Point if any Club doesn’t get Enough stock in and sells out within a day that’s not good planning at all in all honesty you saying about club takeover only just going through the club know beforehand how much stock they would have been receiving before release day for both it’s clear to anyone obvious they wasn’t well prepared

To be fair, the club sold 800 shirts on day one.

They still had stock for the pre-season game yesterday.

I’d say they’ve planned that quite well. I can’t imagine we’ve ever sold 800 shirts in one day. I’d imagine there have been seasons when we haven’t sold 800 shirts.

Maybe cut the club a bit of slack here?

One Point if any Club doesn’t get Enough stock in and sells out within a day that’s not good planning at all in all honesty you saying about club takeover only just going through the club know beforehand how much stock they would have been receiving before release day for both it’s clear to anyone obvious they wasn’t well prepared

No one has a crystal ball when it comes to sales and all you can do is forecast based on previous sales and circumstances. Being that we haven't been in this circumstance before there is no forecasting the sales and it's best guess.

Aaaand with everything that has happened I'd say we were lucky to have a kit so soon at all and not be in a pre-order phase!

No one has a crystal ball when it comes to sales and all you can do is forecast based on previous sales and circumstances. Being that we haven't been in this circumstance before there is no forecasting the sales and it's best guess.

Aaaand with everything that has happened I'd say we were lucky to have a kit so soon at all and not be in a pre-order phase!
Soon 2 weeks before season starts when most clubs have had kits out for weeks and you can forecast kit sales on a first day of release it’s extremely poor planning as usual by the club

To be fair, the club sold 800 shirts on day one.

They still had stock for the pre-season game yesterday.

I’d say they’ve planned that quite well. I can’t imagine we’ve ever sold 800 shirts in one day. I’d imagine there have been seasons when we haven’t sold 800 shirts.

Maybe cut the club a bit of slack here?
There’s nothing online and ordering a small amount like just 800 clearly isn’t good thinking

Not really true, the club was on the brink a few weeks ago, I imagine already having commited to a few thousand shirts from the off was both a risk for Macron and the consortium, add the thousands of other related kit, items etc etc they both took a huge leap IMO.
A huge leap ordering a small amount are you seriously having a laugh

Soon 2 weeks before season starts when most clubs have had kits out for weeks and you can forecast kit sales on a first day of release it’s extremely poor planning as usual by the club
These other clubs you talk of. Have they been close to getting wound up, kicked out of the league or left being under the ownership of someone who quite frankly my dear couldn't give a damn with regards to investment in the club or paying suppliers.... no thought not.

You can always buy one of these other clubs kits.

When you forecast sales and thus stockholding you use previous sales history to predict how much stock you need to buy in order to satisfy sales for a determined amount of weeks.

So now you know how to forecast sales based on history could you please be a dear and point the commercial team towards the last time we released a shirt 2 weeks before the start of the season, a week before most peoples payday and a few weeks after we nearly went extinct during a cost of living crisis?

I'm sure they would be very grateful.

Last edited:
There’s nothing online and ordering a small amount like just 800 clearly isn’t good thinking

We ordered more than 800, that’s how many we sold on the first day. Surely the fact we had some on sale Saturday tells you we ordered more than 800? That’s basic maths.

I’m sure someone said there is another delivery on Monday too. I’m hoping there is already a few in store as I plan on popping down there then.

We ordered more than 800, that’s how many we sold on the first day. Surely the fact we had some on sale Saturday tells you we ordered more than 800? That’s basic maths.

I’m sure someone said there is another delivery on Monday too. I’m hoping there is already a few in store as I plan on popping down there then.
They are expecting another delivery on Monday morning ready to re-stock the racks.

Compared to the last couple of years the stock has been brilliant, last seasons shirt is a limited edition in comparison. Good work seeing as the takeover has only been in effect for a matter of days.

Back