• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League statement - 24 June 2024

I would guess that if the deal does not go through this week everyone will walk!

Why would you stay? Club is going to fold unless the deal is done!

Looks like the only way out of this is to lodge an appeal, ask for an adjournment and pray to God that both are accepted and that this buys enough time for the deal to be concluded. COSU were willing to pay to get rid of the WUP (well at least some of them were) but they aren’t paying this.
It’s a Catch22- if we had paid the WUP that would help the appeal, but we won’t pay the WUP because of the bond.

Meanwhile no-one can answer the simple question when is the bond payable- now? Beginning of season if sale not completed?

If that were to happen surely the 3 amigos would have to walk? As much as Kev loves the club, he could leave with his head held high knowing there was nothing more that he could do.
Totally agree mate. We’re all so concerned about the non-footballing side, it’s easy to forget that the 3 amigos must be absolutely tearing their hair out over this.

They've done so well for so long with one arm tied behind their back. They’re now essentially hog-tied, gagged, blindfolded and getting pistol whipped in the back of a Toyota Hilux.

The sad thing is that we are a massive plus to that league. We have the biggest away following despite not being in the top 3. That income from ticket sales and food and refreshments is much needed for the clubs struggling with about 1000-2000 average attendance for home games. We also bring money in to the oppositions local economy, regarding car parks and money spent in pubs, etc. Jeez National League. We have a consortium willing to take over the club. Give them a fighting chance. Why try and make sure we go out of business at this crucial stage?

I have very good intentions, I do not want to see you guys and girls lose your club.
Your plight is more important than rivalries, they can wait for better days, all my posts on here are as a football fan not a col u fan

Keep posting buddy, your opinions are valued by the majority on here, and we have always welcomed rival supporters provided they post within our rules. Lets face it, without us @Colchester and proud! would have had no purpose in life years ago!
Exactly this. Even if we weren't up the creek without a canoe never mind a paddle your input is welcomed by pretty well everyone.
I got my Covid jabs at the Communist Stadium & was going to firebomb it after the 2nd one but it's really hard to set light to cheap concrete!! 🤣🤣

I don't really consider an embargo that prevents you from acquiring more players to be particularly punitive when you repeatedly fail to pay the ones you already have.

A single 10 point deduction is also pretty minimal when you consider the magnitude of our financial failings and the frequency of which we've been subjected to HMRC winding up petitions. We've been teetering for years now and I'm shocked at how lenient the punishments have been all things considered, there's been multiple other occasions where additional points deductions or expulsion from the NL altogether wouldn't have been entirely unjustified.

Yes the £1,000,000 is extremely heavy-handed and all but guarantees the demise of the club, but they've clearly had enough of the circus that Ron has created. While I can understand why their past punitive measures do not come across as patient or good natured, it's honestly a miracle we haven't ended up at this point sooner.

We have paid tax and players.

We have issues with private creditors. Not football related debt.

It's not the same thing and yet we have been embargoed again and asked for a million quid. We could still get points as well.

I don’t know @Tribal Chief but many seem to trust him so I’ve come to keep an eye on his posts - reading between the lines it seems the consortium is already split on how to proceed, and those who are/were against paying the WUP will surely be pushed further away by this bond from the NL (apologies if I’ve put 2 and 2 and come up with Rons a **** @Tribal Chief)

I’ve always believed it would all turn out ok but tonight I’m starting to believe this may well be it, something I’m struggling to comprehend!

I don't blame the NL here tbh. We had plenty of time to get the sale completed (9 months in fact) can't blame the national league for losing patience. Our history of non payments of taxes on time and other related debts over the years probably is another contributing factor in the NL demanding that sort of figure. The Rat can just sign over the club and roots hall to COSU tomorrow but no the gready rat wants it all his own way without a thought of the damage he doing to everyone else. Interms of COSU sticking around probably looking unlikely tbh and don't really blame them to. Starting to feel like COSU time with us is nearing its end.

On a more serious note, this action by the national league (in my opinion) makes an adjournment less likely. We can’t pay the bond, so without that no football, no football = no income, so how are we going to pay the WUP if adjourned?
Not sure - the bond isn't a debt. The NL hasn't said what further action non payment will result in - could be a PTS deduction, could be a fine ( ha ha), could be expulsion. But its not automatically no bond no football

Where the he'll does the national league think an already broke club with no money going to get there hands on millon pounds from Sadly it seems to me they want to kill the club off

This is either:

- a genius intervention designed to apply the final, decisive amount of pressure to the Martins to stop fannying about and complete the sale (possibly without the precondition of a fully-agreed Fossetts deal with the Council?); or

- the most ill-timed, poorly thought out act of sabotage by a major organising body in British sporting history

They've either saved us or ****ed us, and we all have to clench our cheeks until we find out which...

When it’s payable makes potentially a big difference.
If it’s this week then it doesn’t get paid and sanctions apply.
If it’s eve of season then that means the sale must complete by then and that drives SCC/Citizens DD timing commitment to align with that deadline
Agree in the end it won’t get paid but when due is very important and no-one appears to know…

IMO the National League are not acting in good faith at all.

Why threaten to blow up this entire deal at such a crucial point? Stinks to me and I think they simply want us gone.

Not sure - the bond isn't a debt. The NL hasn't said what further action non payment will result in - could be a PTS deduction, could be a fine ( ha ha), could be expulsion. But its automatically no bond no football
You’re right, but it does feel like that would be the sanction imposed by the league

Back