• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League statement - 24 June 2024

There WAS a time when there were quite a few on the ‘zone who seemed strangely supportive of Mr Martin.

I wonder what they’re thinking tonight. ??

I wonder if karma will ever repay him for all he’s done to our club. ??

I doubt it…….. life is too unfair. 😡
He’s had an incredibly easy time from the large majority of our fans. The protests have been pathetic I’m sorry to say. Can you imagine the Millwalls of the world standing outside their chairman’s house asking people to “honk if you hate Ron Martin!”

It’s genuinely pathetic and it goes hand in hand with the pathetic, sorry state our club is in. When we should have been rioting, most were sitting on their hands hoping everything would come good and when it was too late, people threw plastic balls on the pitch. The trust, who most people sheepishly follow, issued a “watch this space” statement regarding protests only to do f**k all about it cos the council, who have a part to blame in this mess, asked them nicely not to.

The club is on its deathbed and has been for a long, long time yet the majority of people are happy to see it slowly die without putting up a fight. Now it’s too late and we have no power anymore - it’s a waiting game now when it could have been so much more.

He’s had an incredibly easy time from the large majority of our fans. The protests have been pathetic I’m sorry to say. Can you imagine the Millwalls of the world standing outside their chairman’s house asking people to “honk if you hate Ron Martin!”

It’s genuinely pathetic and it goes hand in hand with the pathetic, sorry state our club is in. When we should have been rioting, most were sitting on their hands hoping everything would come good and when it was too late, people threw plastic balls on the pitch. The trust, who most people sheepishly follow, issued a “watch this space” statement regarding protests only to do f**k all about it cos the council, who have a part to blame in this mess, asked them nicely not to.

The club is on its deathbed and has been for a long, long time yet the majority of people are happy to see it slowly die without putting up a fight. Now it’s too late and we have no power anymore - it’s a waiting game now when it could have been so much more.
You might be one of the 7 who protested last time, but there are consistently more people who moan about lack of protests on SZ and Twitter than ever turn up to the protests which happen. Why is that?

You might be one of the 7 who protested last time, but there are consistently more people who moan about lack of protests on SZ and Twitter than ever turn up to the protests which happen. Why is that?
I wish you could see my posts from my previous account on here, you’ll see that I have been advocating for protests for years and years. The Trust are in a position to put messages out to the masses, I don’t have a big social media following, my calls for serious protests fell on deaf ears.

If this club goes bust, which is looking increasingly more likely, a lot of people won’t be able to look themselves in the mirror and say they did everything they could to help this club. That includes me, maybe I should tried harder to push for protests but the time for protests left a LONG time ago. This is been going on for well over a decade.

I wish you could see my posts from my previous account on here, you’ll see that I have been advocating for protests for years and years. The Trust are in a position to put messages out to the masses, I don’t have a big social media following, my calls for serious protests fell on deaf ears.

If this club goes bust, which is looking increasingly more likely, a lot of people won’t be able to look themselves in the mirror and say they did everything they could to help this club. That includes me, maybe I should tried harder to push for protests but the time for protests left a LONG time ago. This is been going on for well over a decade.
Fair response. I've been to Benfleet twice and both times max 30 there yet so many on here calling for them. The numbers do not add up.

I also feel I could've done more. Ultimately we are all powerless now as you say.

You know a lot of women hate the word ‘moist’, and it sends a shiver throughout their bodies, well I suggest all Southend United fans have a similar reaction to the word, ‘fossetsfarm’… a location that all true blue United fans know of, have been told on how it will make certain people happy, yet, can never be actually found….. might smell a bit fishy too, if the sea air blows in.

The thing is, how many NL clubs have £1m sloshing around, plus how many can guarantee that they can complete a season.

IMO if the NL require SUFC to lodge bond of any sort then they should be asking the same of all the other NL clubs too.
I think there is a bond required from all clubs to start the season - I'm sure I recall we needed one last season - but a 'standard' amount - this one is obviously a special one.

I'll check the rules when I have time later.

Is it time for a ‘Just stop oil’ type protest?

We need national press coverage, right now

Blocking roads (A127 / A13)
Blue paint - EVERYWHERE
Mass March to RM house (similar to numbers in the high street)
Take over Southend Pier

Personally I cannot see a way out right now. Best case is we get a massive points deduction, embargo continues, players leave and we will be in the the same
position in the NLS this time next year.

Worst case we know

The thing is, how many NL clubs have £1m sloshing around, plus how many can guarantee that they can complete a season.

IMO if the NL require SUFC to lodge bond of any sort then they should be asking the same of all the other NL clubs too.
There must be quite a few clubs in the NL, NLN, NLS in similar poor financial positions to Southend.

However for whatever reason the NL have 100% seen fit to make an example of us over the past few seasons by implementing seemingly sketchy ad hoc laws.
IMG_0895.jpeg

The NL haven’t read the room with this, and been totally tone deaf here.

Whilst I agree that we have taken the **** for far too long with this takeover saga, WUPs, embargoes, not paying wages on time etc and action has to be brought against us, it should have been done a lot sooner, not 48 hours before a “final” hearing of a WUP. I said before, but I hear that the WUP was going to be adjourned. I believe Stewarts, PG & the consortium had all agreed to this, although some members of the consortium just wanted to pay it now.

I didn’t knock the NL for the points deduction, and the stipulations they put in place against us last summer, and in principle I don’t mind they putting this in place, it’s just the timing for me.

Of course they are making things up as they go along, and that’s purely because they’ve never faced a club with the amount of issue and baggage we have. They didn’t have stuff in place to deal with us. The fact that we are a big club at this level has certainly helped us out, because of the money we generate at other clubs with our away following, we wouldn’t have got this “special treatment” if we were a small side who took less than 100 fans everywhere. We’d have been treated more harshly.

So if the WUP gets adjoned again Is this the right route All i can see is one it gives the rat even more room to riggle out of the deal he has agreed with the council .And two this embargo will just go on and on .Killing yet another season if it starts that is .

The National League are of course incompetent buffoons who have caved in to pressure from certain relegated clubs who seriously believe (somehow) that we had some kind of sporting advantage last season through a 10-point deduction, a year-long transfer embargo and not being able to name a full bench until January.

None of which applied to those relegated clubs, who were awful, despite in at least one case receive generous backing from a top 6 Premier League side. Despite our various handicaps, we not only finished comfortably above them all but nearly got promoted.

The National League is utterly incompetent. The idea that this is some power play by them designed to carefully back Ron the rat into a corner is fanciful. They only have their own self-interest and incompetence to guide them - please don't give them any more credit than that.

Back