• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most useless loan signings ever !!!

Was the story there that we signed him on loan from Wimbledon, but 24 hours later he signed permanently for someone else?
I remember him being in our squad in the very first Championship Manager and wondering who the hell he was.

Mark Mac

Despite his average statistics of a goal a game for SUFC, the worst has got to be Lee Chapman, scored after 3 minutes at Grimsby and we ended up getting beat 4-1.

On the Monday he decided he'd had enough and signed for Ipswich
The following Saturday he made his debut, but he didn't get a sniff, because it was against Man Utd at Old Trafford and United won 9-0.

I think so

I have just remembered Dean Wilkins as well......

I think we were in for Carl Hoddle at one time, but I don't remember him actually playing. (lesser brother do appear to be a feature of ours
off the top of my head I can think of the lesser Shankly, Worthington (2) Little, Nichol, Guthrie (Chris's brother was in the Sunderland 72 cup winning side) Wilkins, Watson.
Similarly we have had the lesser of the Father & Sons of Lampard , Morris, Greaves , Webb.

And I am sure I have missed a few

On top of that was Martin Allen a lesser brother of Clive or Paul? O at least a lesser cousin*.

By the way, it was Graham Wilkins.

*Sorry to any Col Ewe fans lurking for the last two words in that sentance, it must have got you going.

Dave Regis , Strachan , Ronnie Henry was nowhere near as good as his double winning grandad.

And whilst trolling through Robins excellent database I stumbled across two more loanees whose nane sent a shiver through my spine.
Kevin Steggles (1984) and Gary Stebbing (1986)

2 words......

Joe Allon

I am not totally sure as my memory is getting worse as I get older, but I think that Joe Allon played about 3 or 4 times for us and his last game was at Roots Hall and was famous for the fact that after only about 20 minutes into the game Barry Fry subbed him and basically told him to pack his bags as he walked past Fry on his way off. For those who didn't see him, he really was a lazy useless *#%£!!!

- G

Back