• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most useless loan signings ever !!!

Wasnt Mark Prudhoe a permanent deal
Ian Selley wasnt bad enough to be mixed in with the rest of this tripe and i think Michael Black was alright as well

Ian Selley had two loan spells here. In his second spell he was rather good and probably deserve a spot in the 'Best Loanee' XI being drawn up elsewhere. However in his first spell here in, I think 96/97, he was absolutely shocking and certainly deserves his nomination here. Selley himself admitted when we re-signed him that one of the reasons that he wanted to come here again was because he was so embarassed as a Professional with how poorly he had originally played.

So, yeah, put him in both teams.

Was going to say GK - Andy Petterson, but I believe we signed him on a free...all for one start!

Incidentally loz, I actually thought Ian Selley added a little bit of class to an otherwise rancid midfield!

Thought Selley did okay at Southend and does not deserve to be in this list. Saw him play for Grays Athletic a couple of weeks ago and he still looks a decent player.

According to the records we have had 19 players only ever make 1 league or cup sub appearence, quite a few of these were loan players:- (actually most were youth players, did Ademeno only make 1 sub appearence?)

833 Alan GLOVER
834 Alan SHIRES
835 Ben SMITH
836 Brian MYTON
837 Charles Ademeno
838 Chris COYNE
839 Craig DAVIDSON
840 Daniel LUNAN
841 Darren BLEWITT
843 Gareth RISBRIDGER
844 Jamie SOUTHON
845 Leon HUNTER
846 Mark JONES
847 Paul VICKERY
848 Peter DURSON
849 Roger N`ZAMBA
850 Steve WIGGINS
851 Tony HENRIKSEN
852 Tony YOUNG

Ademeno has made 2 appearances so far so I don't quite know what's up with that.

Dominic Foley, what a complete sack of crap he was. Over 30 International Caps. Unruddybelieveable.

Steve Jones... overweight, devil-may-care waster who came and kicked a ball around a bit "because we were a convenient club to play for, as his family was based in Benfleet."

Nobjockey.

:guns:

MD - Llyod Sam or Arnau Riera

Lloyd Sam certainly wasn't useless. For me, him getting injured was the final nail in our coffin last season as I think he could have made a difference during our run-in. And he's a first-team regular at Charlton now, isn't he?

Lloyd Sam certainly wasn't useless. For me, him getting injured was the final nail in our coffin last season as I think he could have made a difference during our run-in. And he's a first-team regular at Charlton now, isn't he?

16 league starts this season...

To be fair that coffin lid had quite a few nails.

Steve Jones... overweight, devil-may-care waster who came and kicked a ball around a bit "because we were a convenient club to play for, as his family was based in Benfleet."

Nobjockey.

:guns:

What a waste of time that whole exercise was, we were already going nowhere that season so Jones was bought in on loan for the remainder of the season with a nice fat paycheque to boot. Thanks John Main!

Joe Allon

Not one of Barry Fry's best. I seem to remember him coming on at half time and then being substituted about 20 mins later - never to be seen again.

Mark Mac

How did I forget him. Sure he came on at Portsmouth....I remember being about 11 and wondering how his front teeth got so big.

I think so

I have just remembered Dean Wilkins as well......

I think we were in for Carl Hoddle at one time, but I don't remember him actually playing. (lesser brother do appear to be a feature of ours
off the top of my head I can think of the lesser Shankly, Worthington (2) Little, Nichol, Guthrie (Chris's brother was in the Sunderland 72 cup winning side) Wilkins, Watson.
Similarly we have had the lesser of the Father & Sons of Lampard , Morris, Greaves , Webb.

And I am sure I have missed a few

I think so

I have just remembered Dean Wilkins as well......

I think we were in for Carl Hoddle at one time, but I don't remember him actually playing. (lesser brother do appear to be a feature of ours
off the top of my head I can think of the lesser Shankly, Worthington (2) Little, Nichol, Guthrie (Chris's brother was in the Sunderland 72 cup winning side) Wilkins, Watson.
Similarly we have had the lesser of the Father & Sons of Lampard , Morris, Greaves , Webb.

And I am sure I have missed a few
Bramble and Cort.

Mark Mac

Back