• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Moaning fan of the year

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Dec. 21 2005,15:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Dec. 21 2005,10:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Dec. 20 2005,15:15)]I'm glad i give you lot something to talk about saddo's, fact is what i normally moan about invarabley turns out correct just that there is a delayed reaction with most of you poor judges and it takes you time to realise that Wiggy was right all along, Embers, Bart, Drewe, Petts, Jones to name just a few. If Tilly wasn't god you would all have lambasted him by now for getting 3 points out of the last 7 or 8 games and having the forsight to leave us with about 14 fit players and 1 goalie for the christmas period but then again he can do no wrong can he, poor planning i am afraid!
Ha ha ha ha ha... sorry.. HO HO HO!!!

Wiggy, Wigster, Wigmerelda, Wigmeister my good old chum...

Here I think is the nub of the matter:

Criticise every member of the squad (except St. Flavian) and of course you will be proved right when the odd player doesn't come up to scratch. A hearty congratulations on spotting that Embers, Bart, Drewe, etc weren't the best players at the club - you truly ARE a genius. As usual, we can only bow to your sport-watching prowess as NONE of us could see that.

Now, on to our delayed reaction and your "invarably" correct predictions...

You tried to convince us last year that Guttridge was crap.
Since you're "invarably" right, I'm curious as to what you think now. I suppose he IS injury prone - after all, he's been injured - so perhaps that's where you've been coming from.

You told us that the future was Constantine and that our failure to sign the player on silly money was evidence of the evil Ron Martin's attempts to see the club relegated. I've asked you before but were you right when we replaced him with Eastwood? I'm sure you were.. but I just can't see it (bit dumb you see).

When the club didn't put itself further at risk by putting larger fees aside to keep hold of Leon Cort, again we couldn't see through Ron Martin's evil manoeuvres like you could - (especially when we nabbed the Bristol captain Barrett to fill the hole). Now I've always thought that Adam's been good for us but respect that you're "invarably" right. I'm sure Barrett WAS part of the evil Martin's scheming plots but still need you to show me why. Give us time, we'll catch up.

On another related point - given that we're now simply not allowed to spend more than a certain percentage of our income on players and contracts, can you tell me how we could have signed this extra goalkeeper that you now tell us we needed (with more than a little hindsight), while at the same time increasing the wages of the likes of Constantine and Cort AND adding to the overall size of the squad. Forgive me for not having your clarity of thought, but I can't see how we could do this. Again, I recognise your "invarable" correctness, so please let me know how I'm missing the point. I really am keen to know.

We're in sixth place in League One.
Did you see that happening?

A few questions

One of the criticisms levelled at you, dearest Wiggo, is that you fire off your opinions but fail to recognise the opinions of others, that you spout off your thoughts as fact yet fail to enter into constructive debate when people offer up contrary thoughts. I find it frustrating personally, but you tell me it's a sign of your "inteligence" so I'll have to take that on board.

A few questions then so you can prove us wrong:

1/ Constantine or Eastwood?
2/ Barrett on £3k per week or Cort on £10k per week
3/ How do we pay higher wages, sign more outfield players and get a new goalkeeper in whilst staying within the FA regulations?
4/ Is Ron Martin still trying to relegate us to make it easier to close us down?
5/ Are there ANY faults in Darryl's game?
6/ Is Guttridge still crap?
7/ Do you still think that we'll fail to get promoted from League 2 if we let players like Constantine and Cort leave?

And my personal favourite:

8/ Do you still think that you're "invarably" right?

I await your responses to these questions.
Please show me the error of my ways.
Suppose had better answer your questions else your sulk!
1. Constantine done it for a whole season, Eastwood is now failing to cope.
2. Get real with the wages and Cort is the better as Adam now looks mediocre higher up.
3.Boring
4. The same as above
5. No worse on crosses than messrs Keily, Given, Royce and as good on the rest, especially Royce!
6. Not crap but very overated on here.
7. Turned out to be a mediocre league but what worries me more is Tilson keeping on about 52 points instead of going for the jugular off a brilliant start.
8.Yes, i am rose tinted free!
Well, at least there was a response.

However...

You didn't answer question 1. If there was a straight choice, would you rather have Constantine or Eastwood? There is no need to attempt to justify your answer. Just say who you would rather have in your team.

Question 2 - we couldn't afford Cort anyway so it's academic. I think you have a point here although IMHO Barrett was better than Cort in league 2. But Barrett is struggling a bit.

Questions 3 and 4 - it's a shame you can't answer these properly as these were your arguments initially. We found them boring.

Question 5 - I can't believe you seriously believe Darryl is as good as some Prem keepers. Perhaps you can explain why he couldn't find another pro club when he was released by us. Havant and Waterlooville I think was the only offer.

Question 6 - He has been the most consistent player so far this season and the one we missed the most when injured. I don't think he is overrated at all.

Question 7 - We are not yet halfway through the season so nothing has turned out like anything yet. I think teams have underestimated us and we have taken them by surprise, thereby making them look mediocre. The second half of the season will be much, much tougher and I for one am happy we made such a good start. I think a 52 point target to ensure safety is the priority and I don't believe Tilly has said that is all he wants to aim for, but that is the primary objective and depending on when we get there depends on whether a secondary objective, i.e. play-offs, remains a possibility.

Finally, number 8.

Don't make me laugh!

Oh, sorry. You already have.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Dec. 21 2005,15:47)]1. Constantine done it for a whole season, Eastwood is now failing to cope.
WTF. Wiggy I am one who doesn't normally raise to your bait like a salmon but this time I have. That point made no sense. Constantine did it for a whole season? Didn't Freddy last season? Isn't Freddy now one of the top ten scorers in this league? Even though he was playin non-league football in season 2004/2005? That was what - 3 leagues below what Freddy is playing now? And constantine is now banging them in everywhere now isn't he?! Done well since he left us! These responses make me realise what lack of knowledge of Southend United you actually have. Most Col******r fans posses more knowledge thn you. I don't know why i even waste my life reading your posts half the time. I prefer ORM's cheesy jokes! And thats saying something.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Dec. 21 2005,17:28)]Goodnight bores!
Such a constructive response to what can only be considered as genuine requests for clarity from Wiggy.

I find it extremely boring that she makes no attempt to answer these requests, preferring to delve into the realm of personal insult to disguise the fact that she has been proved wrong so many times in the past, despite persistent delusions of grandeur ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Dec. 21 2005,22:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Dec. 21 2005,16:47)]3.Boring
4. The same as above
How come you can't answer these question constructively, Wiggy?!

WS
Is it that you've been proven wrong Wiggy ?

Back