• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Moaning fan of the year

Don't be daft, South Bank Hank. He/she won't/can't respond to all those words...

The Wigmeister will remain silent on anything sensible or constructive - but raise a personal (and short) criticism and he'll come back like a shot (see thread on SZ awards).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Dec. 21 2005,10:56)]Don't be daft, South Bank Hank.  He/she won't/can't respond to all those words...

The Wigmeister will remain silent on anything sensible or constructive - but raise a personal (and short) criticism and he'll come back like a shot (see thread on SZ awards).
I think you're being unfair and that Wiggles will see the questions as an opportunity to demonstrate once and for all how it's always been right.

So... over to you Wigmeister?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Dec. 21 2005,10:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Dec. 20 2005,15:15)]I'm glad i give you lot something to talk about saddo's, fact is what i normally moan about invarabley turns out correct just that there is a delayed reaction with most of you poor judges and it takes you time to realise that Wiggy was right all along, Embers, Bart, Drewe, Petts, Jones to name just a few. If Tilly wasn't god you would all have lambasted him by now for getting 3 points out of the last 7 or 8 games and having the forsight to leave us with about 14 fit players and 1 goalie for the christmas period but then again he can do no wrong can he, poor planning i am afraid!
Ha ha ha ha ha... sorry.. HO HO HO!!!

Wiggy, Wigster, Wigmerelda, Wigmeister my good old chum...

Here I think is the nub of the matter:

Criticise every member of the squad (except St. Flavian) and of course you will be proved right when the odd player doesn't come up to scratch. A hearty congratulations on spotting that Embers, Bart, Drewe, etc weren't the best players at the club - you truly ARE a genius. As usual, we can only bow to your sport-watching prowess as NONE of us could see that.

Now, on to our delayed reaction and your "invarably" correct predictions...

You tried to convince us last year that Guttridge was crap.
Since you're "invarably" right, I'm curious as to what you think now. I suppose he IS injury prone - after all, he's been injured - so perhaps that's where you've been coming from.

You told us that the future was Constantine and that our failure to sign the player on silly money was evidence of the evil Ron Martin's attempts to see the club relegated. I've asked you before but were you right when we replaced him with Eastwood? I'm sure you were.. but I just can't see it (bit dumb you see).

When the club didn't put itself further at risk by putting larger fees aside to keep hold of Leon Cort, again we couldn't see through Ron Martin's evil manoeuvres like you could - (especially when we nabbed the Bristol captain Barrett to fill the hole). Now I've always thought that Adam's been good for us but respect that you're "invarably" right. I'm sure Barrett WAS part of the evil Martin's scheming plots but still need you to show me why. Give us time, we'll catch up.

On another related point - given that we're now simply not allowed to spend more than a certain percentage of our income on players and contracts, can you tell me how we could have signed this extra goalkeeper that you now tell us we needed (with more than a little hindsight), while at the same time increasing the wages of the likes of Constantine and Cort AND adding to the overall size of the squad. Forgive me for not having your clarity of thought, but I can't see how we could do this. Again, I recognise your "invarable" correctness, so please let me know how I'm missing the point. I really am keen to know.

We're in sixth place in League One.
Did you see that happening?

A few questions

One of the criticisms levelled at you, dearest Wiggo, is that you fire off your opinions but fail to recognise the opinions of others, that you spout off your thoughts as fact yet fail to enter into constructive debate when people offer up contrary thoughts. I find it frustrating personally, but you tell me it's a sign of your "inteligence" so I'll have to take that on board.

A few questions then so you can prove us wrong:

1/ Constantine or Eastwood?
2/ Barrett on £3k per week or Cort on £10k per week
3/ How do we pay higher wages, sign more outfield players and get a new goalkeeper in whilst staying within the FA regulations?
4/ Is Ron Martin still trying to relegate us to make it easier to close us down?
5/ Are there ANY faults in Darryl's game?
6/ Is Guttridge still crap?
7/ Do you still think that we'll fail to get promoted from League 2 if we let players like Constantine and Cort leave?

And my personal favourite:

8/ Do you still think that you're "invarably" right?

I await your responses to these questions.
Please show me the error of my ways.
laugh.gif

Excelent post - all thats left to say really is lets be eternally grateful that it is Tilly and not wiggy in charge of our beloved Shrimpers....if the latter was in the hot seat we'd have left League two by the back door and not the front!  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scrounger700 @ Dec. 21 2005,10:02)]We may have a limited squad at the moment, but Tilly isn't going to sign anyone just to make up the numbers. What use would a crap player be just because he is cover for a position? Tilly takes his time to sign players, and when he does, it is generally an excellent deal.
Goat, Bart, yeh good signings!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Dec. 21 2005,15:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (scrounger700 @ Dec. 21 2005,10:02)]We may have a limited squad at the moment, but Tilly isn't going to sign anyone just to make up the numbers. What use would a crap player be just because he is cover for a position? Tilly takes his time to sign players, and when he does, it is generally an excellent deal.
3/ How do we pay higher wages, sign more outfield players and get a new goalkeeper in whilst staying within the FA regulations?
4/ Is Ron Martin still trying to relegate us to make it easier to close us down?
7/ Do you still think that we'll fail to get promoted from League 2 if we let players like Constantine and Cort leave?

[b said:
[b said:
My God! I've just seen the light. Wiggy is right, is always right, and forever will be right.

TILSON OUT
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Dec. 21 2005,15:39)]
[b said:
[b said:
My God! I've just seen the light. Wiggy is right, is always right, and forever will be right.

TILSON OUT
wow.gif
Yes, I can see that big star in the east and three blokes just trotted by on camels bearing gifts, and asking directions to Roots Hall and the East Stand blacks.

Must be the time of year, or will we witness a new Messiah on Boxing Day.
tounge.gif

Just hope they have not left it too late to get tickets.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Dec. 21 2005,10:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Dec. 20 2005,15:15)]I'm glad i give you lot something to talk about saddo's, fact is what i normally moan about invarabley turns out correct just that there is a delayed reaction with most of you poor judges and it takes you time to realise that Wiggy was right all along, Embers, Bart, Drewe, Petts, Jones to name just a few. If Tilly wasn't god you would all have lambasted him by now for getting 3 points out of the last 7 or 8 games and having the forsight to leave us with about 14 fit players and 1 goalie for the christmas period but then again he can do no wrong can he, poor planning i am afraid!
Ha ha ha ha ha... sorry.. HO HO HO!!!

Wiggy, Wigster, Wigmerelda, Wigmeister my good old chum...

Here I think is the nub of the matter:

Criticise every member of the squad (except St. Flavian) and of course you will be proved right when the odd player doesn't come up to scratch. A hearty congratulations on spotting that Embers, Bart, Drewe, etc weren't the best players at the club - you truly ARE a genius. As usual, we can only bow to your sport-watching prowess as NONE of us could see that.

Now, on to our delayed reaction and your "invarably" correct predictions...

You tried to convince us last year that Guttridge was crap.
Since you're "invarably" right, I'm curious as to what you think now. I suppose he IS injury prone - after all, he's been injured - so perhaps that's where you've been coming from.

You told us that the future was Constantine and that our failure to sign the player on silly money was evidence of the evil Ron Martin's attempts to see the club relegated. I've asked you before but were you right when we replaced him with Eastwood? I'm sure you were.. but I just can't see it (bit dumb you see).

When the club didn't put itself further at risk by putting larger fees aside to keep hold of Leon Cort, again we couldn't see through Ron Martin's evil manoeuvres like you could - (especially when we nabbed the Bristol captain Barrett to fill the hole). Now I've always thought that Adam's been good for us but respect that you're "invarably" right. I'm sure Barrett WAS part of the evil Martin's scheming plots but still need you to show me why. Give us time, we'll catch up.

On another related point - given that we're now simply not allowed to spend more than a certain percentage of our income on players and contracts, can you tell me how we could have signed this extra goalkeeper that you now tell us we needed (with more than a little hindsight), while at the same time increasing the wages of the likes of Constantine and Cort AND adding to the overall size of the squad. Forgive me for not having your clarity of thought, but I can't see how we could do this. Again, I recognise your "invarable" correctness, so please let me know how I'm missing the point. I really am keen to know.

We're in sixth place in League One.
Did you see that happening?

A few questions

One of the criticisms levelled at you, dearest Wiggo, is that you fire off your opinions but fail to recognise the opinions of others, that you spout off your thoughts as fact yet fail to enter into constructive debate when people offer up contrary thoughts. I find it frustrating personally, but you tell me it's a sign of your "inteligence" so I'll have to take that on board.

A few questions then so you can prove us wrong:

I await your responses to these questions.
Please show me the error of my ways.
Suppose had better answer your questions else your sulk!
1. Constantine done it for a whole season, Eastwood is now failing to cope.
2. Get real with the wages and Cort is the better as Adam now looks mediocre higher up.
3.Boring
4. The same as above
5. No worse on crosses than messrs Keily, Given, Royce and as good on the rest, especially Royce!
6. Not crap but very overated on here.
7. Turned out to be a mediocre league but what worries me more is Tilson keeping on about 52 points instead of going for the jugular off a brilliant start.
8.Yes, i am rose tinted free!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 21 2005,15:45)]Must be the time of year, or will we witness a new Messiah on Boxing Day.
tounge.gif
Wiggy isn't the Messiah, she is just a very naughty girl.
biggrin.gif

You contradict your arguement Wiggy old thing.
As you put Constantine done it for one season, exactly that. He did bugger all for Peterborough & Torquay last season and managed to be relegated with two clubs that must be some sort of record.

He also had not done it with the plethora of clubs he was at before his one season at Roots Hall. It remains to be seen if will have done it with Port Vale by the end of the season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Dec. 21 2005,15:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 21 2005,15:45)]Must be the time of year, or will we witness a new Messiah on Boxing Day.
tounge.gif
Wiggy isn't the Messiah, she is just a very naughty girl.
biggrin.gif
And we never got Aquaducts either
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 21 2005,16:03)]You contradict your arguement Wiggy old thing.
As you put Constantine done it for one season, exactly that. He did bugger all for Peterborough & Torquay last season and managed to be relegated with two clubs that must be some sort of record.

He also had not done it with the plethora of clubs he was at before his one season at Roots Hall. It remains to be seen if will have done it with Port Vale by the end of the season.
He helped take 3 points from us against Vale. Also kept us up the season he was here so can't be that bad. Instead of being bitter and twisted learn to be grateful as i am to Freddy and Flavs who between them took us to league 1! Too much, he played/managed Col u b******s on ere as well, grow up the lot of yer!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Dec. 21 2005,15:47)]5. No worse on crosses than messrs Keily, Given, Royce and as good on the rest, especially Royce!
You are joking right, as good as Given, probably the best keeper in the prem bar Cech? I think not.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Dec. 21 2005,16:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 21 2005,16:03)]You contradict your arguement Wiggy old thing.

He helped take 3 points from us against Vale. Also kept us up the  season he was here so can't be that bad. Instead of being bitter and twisted learn to be grateful as i am to Freddy and Flavs who  between them took us to league 1! Too much, he played/managed Col u b******s on ere as well, grow up the lot of yer!
Can we assume from that we are a two man team, and the other 18 or so players who played last season contributed nothing to the team.

Constantine was a one season wonder, he was an accident waiting to happen against Port Vale, i will be surprised if he reaches double figures this season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Dec. 21 2005,15:47)]Suppose had better answer your questions else your sulk!
1. Constantine done it for a whole season, Eastwood is now failing to cope.
2. Get real with the wages and Cort is the better as Adam now looks mediocre higher up.
3.Boring
4. The same as above
5. No worse on crosses than messrs Keily, Given, Royce and as good on the rest, especially Royce!
6. Not crap but very overated on here.
7. Turned out to be a mediocre league but what worries me more is Tilson keeping on about 52 points instead of going for the jugular off a brilliant start.
8.Yes, i am rose tinted free!
Testicular oratory.
suspect.gif

Back