• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Moaning fan of the year

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐🦐
On Sky Sports News this morning was a fan who had been voted "Moaner of the Year".  They had an interview with him and he hardly had a nice word  to say about the club or, more to the point, the manager.  After every game he writes a tirade against the team selection or tactics and sends it to the club.  He moans about everything, including ticket prices and allocations, where appropriate.

The moaning has, amazingly, not been about the recent loss of form and results, but about the last 2 seasons!  It is frankly unbelievable when in that time the club has reached levels that have never before been achieved.

So, who is it?

Wiggy?

Nope...

It is in fact, not a Southend fan at all, but the fan of a club who have even outperformed our achievements since Tilly took over.

His name escapes me but it was some sour faced grump from Wigan.

Paul Jewell has in the past sent the letter back marked "Not known at this address".  Class!

He did toast Paul Jewell with a sherry and a mince pie at the end of the interview and wished him a Merry Christmas.  I still somehow can't help feeling that the Wigan management won't be offering a reciprocal gesture.

And we thought our fans were moaning whingers...

laugh.gif

A Wigan fan?

Miracles have happend up there and he stil not happy. God knows what he would be like if he came from Southend!

laugh.gif

How any Wigan fan can moan about their lot is unbelievable. Someone needs to give the chap a good slap!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Dec. 20 2005,13:39)]Hang on... Wigan?  Wiggy?

Nah, it can't be...

biggrin.gif
Think you are on to something here fbm.

laugh.gif

I thought the same thing myself as I watched the programme. Wigan/Wiggy - it's an uncanny coincidence!

did you know the word 'Wiggy' means

A multipurpose word. Used in essence of surprise, shock, and disbelief.

rock.gif

I'm glad i give you lot something to talk about saddo's, fact is what i normally moan about invarabley turns out correct just that there is a delayed reaction with most of you poor judges and it takes you time to realise that Wiggy was right all along, Embers, Bart, Drewe, Petts, Jones to name just a few. If Tilly wasn't god you would all have lambasted him by now for getting 3 points out of the last 7 or 8 games and having the forsight to leave us with about 14 fit players and 1 goalie for the christmas period but then again he can do no wrong can he, poor planning i am afraid!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Dec. 20 2005,15:20)]If Tilly was sacked tomorrow Wiggy, who would you want as a replacement?
That's easy Parkinson from Col U, he has got balls and a good eye for a player, would swap him for Tilly tomorrow even though he has done a great job.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Dec. 20 2005,15:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Dec. 20 2005,15:20)]If Tilly was sacked tomorrow Wiggy, who would you want as a replacement?
That's easy Parkinson from Col U, he has got balls and a good eye for a player, would swap him for Tilly tomorrow even though he has done a great job.
And the first thing he would do is replace your beloved keeper, he thinks he is a weak link for us.

Classic.

As it happens that is Parky's only weakness in his make up, crap with goalies, Simon Brown, Dean Gerken, Aiden Davidson, need i go on!

Anyone out there want a 500 quid bet for charity that in 5 years time Parky is managing at a higher level than Tilson?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Dec. 20 2005,15:35)]Anyone out there want a 500 quid bet for charity that in 5 years time Parky is managing at a higher level than Tilson?
yes

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Dec. 20 2005,15:15)]I'm glad i give you lot something to talk about saddo's, fact is what i normally moan about invarabley turns out correct just that there is a delayed reaction with most of you poor judges and it takes you time to realise that Wiggy was right all along, Embers, Bart, Drewe, Petts, Jones to name just a few. If Tilly wasn't god you would all have lambasted him by now for getting 3 points out of the last 7 or 8 games and having the forsight to leave us with about 14 fit players and 1 goalie for the christmas period but then again he can do no wrong can he, poor planning i am afraid!
self deluded as ever.
tounge.gif
rather sad really
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Dec. 20 2005,15:25)]
[b said:
Oh God!
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Dec. 20 2005,15:15)]I'm glad i give you lot something to talk about saddo's, fact is what i normally moan about invarabley turns out correct just that there is a delayed reaction with most of you poor judges and it takes you time to realise that Wiggy was right all along, Embers, Bart, Drewe, Petts, Jones to name just a few. If Tilly wasn't god you would all have lambasted him by now for getting 3 points out of the last 7 or 8 games and having the forsight to leave us with about 14 fit players and 1 goalie for the christmas period but then again he can do no wrong can he, poor planning i am afraid!
Modesty thy name is Wiggy.

Most posters on here at one time or another have expressed concerns that our squad is one or two light.

How do you legislate or predict who will get injuries or suspensions throught out a season. You don't need to be a Mourinho, Parkinson or Tilson for that, you need to be Mystic bloody Meg for heavens sake. Players do not get injured for the sake of it.

We have been lucky with injuries, but sooner or later they are gonna come along, as with the keeper it has not been prepared for!

Back