• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Martin McGuinness Dies Aged 66

I'll save my RIPs for innocent victims like Tim Parry and Johnathan Ball. I hope McGuinness rots in hell - utter scum.
I don't believe in heaven or hell but if it turns out they do exist I have no doubt he will go down.

Colin Parry whose son, Tim, was killed by the IRA. 'We can never forgive him but we can respect the man he became'

I don't believe in heaven or hell but if it turns out they do exist I have no doubt he will go down.
What can I say - I was raised a Catholic and as much as I can try to convince myself that I'm a non-believer, I find it sticks with you and it's hard to shake.

Colin Parry whose son, Tim, was killed by the IRA. 'We can never forgive him but we can respect the man he became'
All I can say to that is Colin Parry is a far, far bigger man than I.

What can I say - I was raised a Catholic and as much as I can try to convince myself that I'm a non-believer, I find it sticks with you and it's hard to shake.

All I can say to that is Colin Parry is a far, far bigger man than I.

this is the point I was making, if I had ever been introduced to McGuinness my kneejerk reaction would have been 'I'm not shaking your hand you ****'. But there are people who were and are directly effected by his actions who are willing to bite their tongues as a way to make it less likely that others would suffer the way they have. McGuinness is dead - very valid time to listen to what Jo Berry and Colin Parry have to say.

As an anti Royalist, when Prince Charles comes out and states he forgives, then I will admit he is the bigger man
I maybe wrong but thought I read the Parrys have strong faith and maybe this is how they can say it

With IRA still on the march, I can understand why politicians are saying good things, because of the fear of a backlash and more bombings, but doesnot always mean they say it from the heart

UTS

I didn't write RIP I said 'Of course McGuinness is a murderer. He was also part of the peace process and people way way more effected by his actions than any of us chose to push his past to one side for the sake of the future.'

It wasn't aimed at you. I shouldn't have thought that would need explaining.

this is the point I was making, if I had ever been introduced to McGuinness my kneejerk reaction would have been 'I'm not shaking your hand you ****'. But there are people who were and are directly effected by his actions who are willing to bite their tongues as a way to make it less likely that others would suffer the way they have. McGuinness is dead - very valid time to listen to what Jo Berry and Colin Parry have to say.
Biting your tongue for the greater good is one thing, being a McGuiness apologist and saying "RIP" is quite another.

I think you will find that the IRA were not behind the Mountbatten assassination - that was carried out by agents much, much closer to home.

I think you are getting confused with Airey Neeve death and INLA statement

Mountbatten was announced by IRA as a political stance to highlight to the English people their suffering

UTS

Curious. Why was Mountbatten evil? I know he was a part of the very bloody partition of India.

Many reasons. As above, and the genocide under his regime; deliberately sending Canadian troops to their death in WWII to protect British/US forces; and what exactly was he intending to do with two young local children on that boat in Ireland - it was known in that part of the world what he did. Many younger royals also had that 'pleasure'

Many reasons. As above, and the genocide under his regime; deliberately sending Canadian troops to their death in WWII to protect British/US forces; and what exactly was he intending to do with two young local children on that boat in Ireland - it was known in that part of the world what he did. Many younger royals also had that 'pleasure'

Blimey, lets hope the SZ lawyers are asleep. :stunned:

He is dead; and also pretty much known fact. Should also add that he had, quite likely, done a deal with fellow countryman Mr Hitler that he would become King of Great Britain following any Nazi invasion

I thought that was going to be Edward VIII?

Back