• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Macron confirmed as kit supplier for the next 2 seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice on the store website it still says no returns for online purchases due to covid- is this actually correct? Some of the new stuff is very nice but reluctant to purchase something that might not fit if there's no return policy.

I notice on the store website it still says no returns for online purchases due to covid- is this actually correct? Some of the new stuff is very nice but reluctant to purchase something that might not fit if there's no return policy.
This isn't legal.

If you buy something online you have 14 days to reject the goods, and another 14 to return them. You don't need to give a reason.

This is why so many online fashion retailers go bust I believe.

I’m hearing new shirts (adult) are 55 squids each. Does anyone know if that right?
I wouldn't mind this. If they are made in Italy the top bespoke for Macron.

They have 3 teirs. We are tier 2 made in lovely Bolivia 🇧🇴

Macron are decent if we top tier. I know, we were looking at other firms. Just hope we grabbed them by the balls and got a better deal.

The new training gear looks decent. Hopeful for next season.

We've got a liaison meeting this afternoon, I'll mention that.

From what I know this deal wasn't always going to be extended. Hence the club shop looking naked for months. In fairness to the brand they probably wanted some kind of assurances that we were going to be a club and pay our bills. On the garments themselves, I personally hate it whenever we are associated with red in anyway. Big, big fan of that turquoise clobber however.

I'm pleased we've extended. I just like it when we can have a bit of brand continuity and 3 brands in 5 years since severing ties with Just Sport wouldn't have been a good look.

I'm pleased we've extended. I just like it when we can have a bit of brand continuity and 3 brands in 5 years since severing ties with Just Sport wouldn't have been a good look.
With everything that has gone on and bills not being paid I don't think we need to worry too much about what would have been a 'good look' for SUFC with our kit supplier.

I'm with you AB. The red was only brought in under Whelan's tenure I believe. There is no historical tie between the club and the colour red as far as I am aware.

The most tenuous link I can think of is it is the background colour to the Essex county badge and there was a strip of red featuring on the red, white and blue kits in the late 70s, which I liked btw, but red has never been a main colour as far as I can recall.

I'm with you AB. The red was only brought in under Whelan's tenure I believe. There is no historical tie between the club and the colour red as far as I am aware.

The most tenuous link I can think of is it is the background colour to the Essex county badge and there was a strip of red featuring on the red, white and blue kits in the late 70s, which I liked btw, but red has never been a main colour as far as I can recall.
Nor the City as far as I'm aware. :Winking:

Southend Athletic played in red.

Which is why, I believe, on its formation Southend United decided to play in blue.

Anyway, I'd go for a white away kit every time.
Trouble is there's a few teams with white and another colour stripe so would need a third colour anyway especially away to blue and white stripes

I still reckon. The kit colours will be the training gear colours

Blue , white n yellow
Red away
Turquoise 3rd

I haven't got any inside info. Just makes sense.
Turquoise would be a nice change.

although we have had a Man City-type blue away kit before a couple of times

I hope they do an end-of-season sale on kits like most clubs do, was hoping to get one for the summer. But given they're not even available online at the moment, I won't hold my breath...

We did also play in red and yellow hoops in 1910/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back