• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How would you feel if the club signed Luke McCormick?

• Total voters

Medway Blue

Trust chairman/glutton for punishment ⭐🦐
So, I have heard from what I consider to be a reliable source that Mr. McCormick could well be joining us after he's been released from the slammer. I know PS rated him highly at Plymouth before the car crash.

Considering the attitude of some of our fans (and I'm not saying it's the right OR the wrong attitude) towards Lee Hughes when we've come up against him in the past, how would people feel about this were it to happen?

Interesting one, presume he would have huge fitness issues so it would be as a trialist. I'm not condoning anything and I know wherever he ends up he'll be a target for oppo fans exactly as Hughes is, but he's made a big mistake and paid a big price, hopefully he's learnt a very hard lesson. If he's prepared to put the effort in, then I for one, would be prepared to give him a go.

I actually think Hughes handles things very well, he lets his football speak for itself rather than reacting to taunts. Not sure McCormick could carry things off in a similar fashion.

Interesting one, presume he would have huge fitness issues so it would be as a trialist. I'm not condoning anything and I know wherever he ends up he'll be a target for oppo fans exactly as Hughes is, but he's made a big mistake and paid a big price, hopefully he's learnt a very hard lesson. If he's prepared to put the effort in, then I for one, would be prepared to give him a go.

I actually think Hughes handles things very well, he lets his football speak for itself rather than reacting to taunts. Not sure McCormick could carry things off in a similar fashion.

Huge fitness issues ? I met someone today who has been away for 9 months and lost 5 stone. I think being "on holiday" would help those who really want to keep fit.

We don't need another goalkeeper. No thanks.
But Morris will be out of contract next summer I think, as will most of the other players that signed for Sturrock on an initial 2 years.

Huge fitness issues ? I met someone today who has been away for 9 months and lost 5 stone. I think being "on holiday" would help those who really want to keep fit.
Ok, maybe more stamina than fitness.

Not sure McCormick could carry things off in a similar fashion.

Kay you are better than that surely, how can you POSSIBLY know how he'd handle things !!!

As for Hughes, he is the most despicable type of person .. LM killed someone yes, but Hughes fled the scene of his accident and left a man to die whilst attempting to save his skin, who knows that bloke might've been saved had LH called the emergency services .. oh and as he was sober when he was arrested the following morning he couldn't be charged with drink driving

I don't wish ill on many people but i reserve a special type of hatred for Hughes

Kay you are better than that surely, how can you POSSIBLY know how he'd handle things !!!

As for Hughes, he is the most despicable type of person .. LM killed someone yes, but Hughes fled the scene of his accident and left a man to die whilst attempting to save his skin, who knows that bloke might've been saved had LH called the emergency services .. oh and as he was sober when he was arrested the following morning he couldn't be charged with drink driving

I don't wish ill on many people but i reserve a special type of hatred for Hughes
Which he thrives on, and I have to admire his attitude in that respect. And of course I don't know, I'm guessing, which, judging by some of the rumours we get on here isn't that unusual!

Didnt he kill two kids when driving drunk back from a wedding. Surely that is as bad if not worse.

Oh i didnt know he killed some kids :sad: i thought it was a single man (in no way does it make it any less of a crime)

Surely this is all purely speculative anyway, and if Paul Sturrock is still here then a case for him to handle as he sees fit?

So, I have heard from what I consider to be a reliable source that Mr. McCormick could well be joining us after he's been released from the slammer. I know PS rated him highly at Plymouth before the car crash.

Considering the attitude of some of our fans (and I'm not saying it's the right OR the wrong attitude) towards Lee Hughes when we've come up against him in the past, how would people feel about this were it to happen?

Osy and BarnaBlue will welcome him with open arms...he has done his rehabilitation

Didnt he kill two kids when driving drunk back from a wedding. Surely that is as bad if not worse.
Not condoning his actions in any way, killing anyone is a terrible crime. But I don't see how killing 2 kids is any more morally wrong than killing a man, its not like LM actively seeked out kids, they just happened to be the unfortunate victims it could have been anyone. It was also a car crash not a hit and run, I'm sure you can say he didn't set out with the intention to kill anyone, he just made an extremely stupid decision that he'll have to live with for the rest of his life. I'm all for people doing their time and being rehabilitated, however I wouldn't take him. Besides anything else the crowd is going to get on his back, and as a goalkeeper if you get psychologically affected by the crowd you are going to cost your team the game.

I believe (although I may have got LM mixed up with someone else) that he was only slightly over the drink/drive limit, and that the reason was he didn't realise the two pints he had consumed were of a high strength lager.

Apparently he was so distraught by what he had done he didn't know what to do with himself. All the people I spoke to (including his agent) said that he is a genuinely nice guy who made an awful mistake, unlike people such as Hughes who people don't actually like.

I believe (although I may have got LM mixed up with someone else) that he was only slightly over the drink/drive limit, and that the reason was he didn't realise the two pints he had consumed were of a high strength lager.

Apparently he was so distraught by what he had done he didn't know what to do with himself. All the people I spoke to (including his agent) said that he is a genuinely nice guy who made an awful mistake, unlike people such as Hughes who people don't actually like.

I know this is the Mirror but it was the only article of the trial I could find.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...rmick-starts-prison-sentence-115875-20780092/

I think killing 2 youngsters and maiming their father who I believe is still in a wheelchair when drunk and extremely tired is as bad as it gets. However if he is a normal human being, not a day will or should go by without him remembering and regreting that day. I've very mixed feelings but feel on balance if he's served his time and is truly remorseful he might just deserve a chance. But there again I'm not that sure it should be with us.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back