• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Latest news on the sale of the club.

I've seen a couple of people mentioning a pitch invasion at the end of the Rochdale game ...

PLEASE DON'T DO THAT

It's the last game of the season and Rochdale fans will be traveling all this way to see their players off for the season.

A pitch invasion would be extremely disrespectful to them imo

If it comes to it, we will protest on our way to the stadium

UTB! 🦐

100% agree about not going on the pitch, but 100% disagree with your reason. I couldn’t give a monkeys if it’s disrespectful to Rochdale frankly.

It should be an opportunity for OUR fans to show our gratitude and thanks to OUR players, management team, backroom staff etc after what has been a horrendous season off the pitch.

SOUTHEND United chairman Ron Martin says his ‘interests are still aligned’ with the consortium looking to take control of the Shrimpers.

Read more on this story

Help with Echo links
Absolute **** of a rat, as is his two bob son who is clearly a chip off the old block.

If this continues we go outside his house again on mass because another pre season in limbo would be gut wrenching to say the least.

100% agree about not going on the pitch, but 100% disagree with your reason. I couldn’t give a monkeys if it’s disrespectful to Rochdale frankly.

It should be an opportunity for OUR fans to show our gratitude and thanks to OUR players, management team, backroom staff etc after what has been a horrendous season off the pitch.

That's a disappointing response BW2. I always value your posts. Maybe you've forgotten that Rochdale were facing liquidation earlier this season? They have survived by the skin of their teeth and surely we should show some empathy towards a former EFL club relegated to non league after 107 years in the EFL?

Of course our survival and success against the odds is much more significant to us but let's not forget the wider football family who helped us in our time of greatest need. To say you couldn't give a monkey's about another club that faced a similar situation to us is just rather surprising to hear.

That's a disappointing response BW2. I always value your posts. Maybe you've forgotten that Rochdale were facing liquidation earlier this season? They have survived by the skin of their teeth and surely we should show some empathy towards a former EFL club relegated to non league after 107 years in the EFL?

Of course our survival and success against the odds is much more significant to us but let's not forget the wider football family who helped us in our time of greatest need. To say you couldn't give a monkey's about another club that faced a similar situation to us is just rather surprising to hear.

I do have sympathy for what they have been through, of course, but Rochdale have their own last home game of the season to show their thanks and appreciation to their players.

This is our chance to say thank you.

Do you think that if we were away at Reading and they were discussing pitch invasions, they’d say no because some Southend fans want to clap their players? Come off it. That’s naive if you believe it.

I’ve not kept up-to-date with the Rochdale situation, and I hope it’s all resolved for their sake, having been their ourselves we should all wish them well.

When I say I don’t give a monkeys, what I mean by that is saying that IF pitch protests are the way forward, and I don’t think they are, we shouldn’t worry about what Rochdale or their fans think in what is likely to be a dead rubber.

SOUTHEND MP Anna Firth hopes the winding up petition will never come to court because it would “waste time, money and energy” which would be better spent “powering the club forward”.

Ms Firth spoke out as the consortium buying Southend United - led by Justin Rees - warned a fresh petition to “wind up” the club has been launched by one of its creditors.

It comes as the consortium, which is due to take control of the Shrimpers from chairman Ron Martin, continues to invest heavily in the club despite not yet formally owning it.

Ms Firth, Conservative MP for Southend West, says she was “hugely disappointed" to learn the club’s future was under threat once again.

She said: “Obviously, this is hugely disappointing news for all Southend fans.

“I sincerely hope this matter does not go to court, wasting more time, energy and money, all of which could be better directed into powering the club forward as we look ahead to next season with optimism.

“As always, I stand ready to help and support the consortium in any way I can.”

Ms Firth said many creditors had been “incredibly patient with the club throughout this process”, adding: “Without their continuing support and willingness to work with the club and consortium, there may be no football club to support.

“Unfortunately, the starting of yet another winding up petition against the club does not appropriately target those who caused the issues in the first place.

“For too long, the club, the players and the fans have been disproportionately affected by actions beyond their control.”

Meanwhile, Southend Council leader Tony Cox – who has played a key role in negotiations alongside Ms Firth - has reassured fans that the deal is still “on track”.

He said: “Everything is on track as scheduled. The formal committee report will go to cabinet later this month, as promised in our forward plan.

“We are working with democratic services to get a formal date arranged.

“We will give notice for when the report is set to be published.”

A pitch invasion after the Rochdale game would be a total, and I do mean total, waste of time. Our Consortium will be there, is the winding up order their fault? - no. Will the Council and the law firm bringing the action be there? - no, will the rat pack be there - no? so what's the point of a pitch invasion. That would only suit mindless morons that like doing that for the sake of it. So lets make sure we know what Justin and co want the collective protest groups to do, and then do it! It ain't rocket science and it has to hit the publicity headlines in the right way. You never know, this whole ****storm may not even reach the Rochdale game before it has blown out.

SOUTHEND MP Anna Firth hopes the winding up petition will never come to court because it would “waste time, money and energy” which would be better spent “powering the club forward”.

Ms Firth spoke out as the consortium buying Southend United - led by Justin Rees - warned a fresh petition to “wind up” the club has been launched by one of its creditors.
It comes as the consortium, which is due to take control of the Shrimpers from chairman Ron Martin, continues to invest heavily in the club despite not yet formally owning it.
Ms Firth, Conservative MP for Southend West, says she was “hugely disappointed" to learn the club’s future was under threat once again.

She said: “Obviously, this is hugely disappointing news for all Southend fans.
“I sincerely hope this matter does not go to court, wasting more time, energy and money, all of which could be better directed into powering the club forward as we look ahead to next season with optimism.

“As always, I stand ready to help and support the consortium in any way I can.”
Ms Firth said many creditors had been “incredibly patient with the club throughout this process”, adding: “Without their continuing support and willingness to work with the club and consortium, there may be no football club to support.

“Unfortunately, the starting of yet another winding up petition against the club does not appropriately target those who caused the issues in the first place. “For too long, the club, the players and the fans have been disproportionately affected by actions beyond their control.”

Meanwhile, Southend Council leader Tony Cox – who has played a key role in negotiations alongside Ms Firth - has reassured fans that the deal is still “on track”.
He said: “Everything is on track as scheduled. The formal committee report will go to cabinet later this month, as promised in our forward plan.

“We are working with democratic services to get a formal date arranged.

“We will give notice for when the report is set to be published.”

A pitch invasion after the Rochdale game would be a total, and I do mean total, waste of time. Our Consortium will be there, is the winding up order their fault? - no. Will the Council and the law firm bringing the action be there? - no, will the rat pack be there - no? so what's the point of a pitch invasion. That would only suit mindless morons that like doing that for the sake of it. So lets make sure we know what Justin and co want the collective protest groups to do, and then do it! It ain't rocket science and it has to hit the publicity headlines in the right way. You never know, this whole ****storm may not even reach the Rochdale game before it has blown out.
True plus the players like to walk around the pitch with their children and a mass invasion on the pitch will probably frighten any children at the game if people want to protest go to Ron’s mansion in Benfleet

Out of interest where are these statements from consortium and ron being made - nothing on official club site - does consortium have a twitter account or something?

I do have sympathy for what they have been through, of course, but Rochdale have their own last home game of the season to show their thanks and appreciation to their players.

This is our chance to say thank you.

Do you think that if we were away at Reading and they were discussing pitch invasions, they’d say no because some Southend fans want to clap their players? Come off it. That’s naive if you believe it.

I’ve not kept up-to-date with the Rochdale situation, and I hope it’s all resolved for their sake, having been their ourselves we should all wish them well.

When I say I don’t give a monkeys, what I mean by that is saying that IF pitch protests are the way forward, and I don’t think they are, we shouldn’t worry about what Rochdale or their fans think in what is likely to be a dead rubber.
OK. That's more reasonable. Thanks.

Should you wish to see Rochdale's current situation:

I'd give the rat until the weekend to make a statement with his side of the story, or we assume the hold up is his end and the protests recommence
I previously said the above. His statement hasn't stated his side of the story in the slightest. We want an explanation of what is holding it up on your side Ron, not just a deflection towards the creditor (who have every right to demand their money by now BTW).

Very disappointing but deep down I think many of us had a feeling there would be a sting in the tail but saying that if the deal is actually close to getting closed then I would imagine any potential proceedings could be set aside until completion with a specific date in place.

Can’t really blame the creditor for wanting its money but it does seem a bit odd it happening so close too completion.

Obviously, the 🐀 financial partners play a big part in this and if the council want houses and they want flats then that could be a problem if their profits are significantly reduced. TBH I don’t know to much about it but it’s sad to be having this discussions again.

Back