• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Latest news on the sale of the club.

No will be interesting to see if there are any backers to the winding up petition from other creditors or if they will back us not to be wound up.

Isn't it prudent if your owed monies to add yourself to the winding up petition so you get paid in order to clear the debt?

I've seen a couple of people mentioning a pitch invasion at the end of the Rochdale game ...

PLEASE DON'T DO THAT

It's the last game of the season and Rochdale fans will be traveling all this way to see their players off for the season.

A pitch invasion would be extremely disrespectful to them imo

If it comes to it, we will protest on our way to the stadium

UTB! 🦐
Better off protesting outside Rons gaff. If these start up again then i'll be there.

I thought that but the statement reads formal agreement from financing partners - I'm guessing they've given some informal indication that they are ok
I hope you are right. But where the 🐀 is involved, extreme caution is required. Whether it’s him or any of his associates.

I've seen a couple of people mentioning a pitch invasion at the end of the Rochdale game ...

PLEASE DON'T DO THAT

It's the last game of the season and Rochdale fans will be traveling all this way to see their players off for the season.

A pitch invasion would be extremely disrespectful to them imo

If it comes to it, we will protest on our way to the stadium

UTB! 🦐
And I suspect the Martins, their finance providers, SBC and the creditor(s) will all not be there- just the consortium who are saving the club

Do the consortium purchase the club at a nominal price - £1 - which normally means historic debt is taken over. If they paid a lot it would normally be for the seller to settle outstanding debts. Amazon I missing something here? I am sure those ITK can straighten out the situation.

I hope you are right. But where the 🐀 is involved, extreme caution is required. Whether it’s him or any of his associates.
I hope so to. But I can't imagine the consortium sticking the cash in if they weren't almost 100% sure the conditions of sale will be met.

Do the consortium purchase the club at a nominal price - £1 - which normally means historic debt is taken over. If they paid a lot it would normally be for the seller to settle outstanding debts. Amazon I missing something here? I am sure those ITK can straighten out the situation.
Isn't that the same thing, it would not be £1 if they are taking on 2million debt. They would be paying 2.1 million in the long run.

My immediate reaction to the statement is that it is a negotiating tactic to force all parties to pull their finger out.
The consortium (quite understandably) are now feeling the kind of frustrations that us fans have been going through for years.
Whereas our weapons of protest were demonstrations, banners, plastic rats etc, the consortium are able to call Martin’s, his financial party’s and the council’s bluff with a tangible weapon, namely withholding further funds to pay outstanding debts.
It would suit nobody for the deal to collapse now.
Maybe I am being naively optimistic, but I see this as a way of ending what seems like an interminable stalemate.

He no longer sees it as his debt, it's the clubs in his eyes,even though he created it.
I don't think he's ever seen it as his debt, and it doesn't matter anyway as he has no intention of paying anything that he see as his debt. If this is brinkmanship from the Consortium in a bid to get the rat to the table I fear they will be sorely disappointed.

Are we Fu$%#d or what?
We could be if the rat and the council don't come to agreement sooner rather than later. Statement indicates the Consortium patience is running out and they aren't prepared to be taken for ride. I don't blame for taking this approach. I think we are lucky they have continued to fund the club despite not owning the club, that's credit to them as I doubt many others would do the same thing.

Back