• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Latest news on the sale of the club.

In the modern world where optics are everything, this will look bad for them if we’re dissolved and they receive a fraction of what they’re owed.
I'm sure they've taken that into account - I guess they don't have too much business with Southend fans

The Bentley was at RH at lunch time today when I went to collect the flags to give them a wash.

Thats a ridiculous stance to take.

Given Martins history, who's to say they'll ever get their money.

And depending who it is, they could be on the brink of going under too, or enable to pay staff etc because of us.

Absolutely zero blame on them. You cant say "I'm not blaming them" and also "why cant they wait".
By the same token how can you say zero blame without knowing who it is? A discussion to be had once this is known.

I did think on Friday before KO when Justin was walking around the ground in front of us (with Ebbsfleet CEO) he looked a bit subdued. Despite applause from the fans, once recognised, he didn’t really respond but kept talking to their CEO.

I think The Rat thought as the consortium have been paying bills to the tune of 3mill so far they would sort this,, The fact being The Rat has no money , so where that leaves us i have no idea unless a deal can be sorted last gasp.
The consortium now saying they won't be paying any previous debt until there satisfied they will be owning the club. Sounds like they are putting pressure on the rat and council to get there **** together. Can't exactly blame them, I'm surprised they gone this far down the road already.

Thats a ridiculous stance to take.

Given Martins history, who's to say they'll ever get their money.

And depending who it is, they could be on the brink of going under too, or enable to pay staff etc because of us.

Absolutely zero blame on them. You cant say "I'm not blaming them" and also "why cant they wait".
They worked for him, not the consortium. They would have known he was a bad risk but no doubt have made enough out of him in the past. Looks to me like they are trying to blackmail the consortium. If this is the case, totally unscrupulous.

Why would they when they are up to their limit on funding him. Without full planing on the new houses at FF instead of RH i can't see how they would. Trusting The Rat over a deal that is just air atm would be ridiculous.
I would certainly expect the finance arrangements being confirmed only subsequent to the end to the due diligence process and contracts being signed. After all the finance will be subject to satisfactory agreement between SBC and the Martins under satisfactory terms. Surely this is pretty basic?

So don’t see how a finance party can/will confirm anything at this point.

Re the petition pretty pointless as it will in the circumstances be adjourned. And depending on who it is may or may not garner pretty negative publicity. But this is a discussion for when we know. Sure that won’t be long.

I would certainly expect the finance arrangements being confirmed only subsequent to the end to the due diligence process and contracts being signed. After all the finance will be subject to satisfactory agreement between SBC and the Martins under satisfactory terms. Surely this is pretty basic?

So don’t see how a finance party can/will confirm anything at this point.

Re the petition pretty pointless as it will in the circumstances be adjourned. And depending on who it is may or may not garner pretty negative publicity. But this is a discussion for when we know. Sure that won’t be long.
Why on earth did they not speak to you first to save themsleves all the bother.

Southend Fan Protest Group

tooesrdnSp5fhf2203c8l04gac1mhgh7cmg4914517m8gtl548c5849g2ht0 ·

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#
Back in October when the takeover deal was announced, we were told that it would be completed in 4 weeks. We as a fanbase looked forward to the promised completion date of 1st November full of optimism about what our new stewardship would bring, rid finally of the Martin family and able to once again get back to simply supporting the club we love.
Tomorrow marks 6 months since that announcement.

With false dawn after empty promises, the council now enter purdah, as the never ending 8 weeks seems to extend for, well, 8 weeks. But despite this, it is abundantly clear that any Lease Agreement struck between the Martin’s and the Council will be subject to CBRE approval.

As the narcissist Ron Martin and his son Jack refuse to instruct their financiers to sign off on the deal much to the ongoing frustration of the new consortium, the club remains in limbo.
Today has seen the issue of yet another winding up petition. This time a law firm, pursuing another legacy Ron Martin debt, which was ironically incurred defending the club against previous petitions. Some say you couldn’t make it up, but Jack and Ron don’t care at whose feet they leave the latest pile of steaming excrement, as long as they don’t have to pay it
The Martins would have you believe that the only delay is with the council. This is false. Until they instruct their financiers to sign off on the deal, it cannot be completed.

With CBRE holding charges at companies house over all the land involved in this takeover, it is critical for everyone to have confidence in their consent. Conclusion of the Lease Agreement with the council should mean the club sale completes. If there is any delay subject to charges, we will be resolute in our intent to return to protest.

The new consortium’s good will can only be stretched so far. If we need to get back on the pavements, dust down our banners and return to action in order to ensure the Martins do the right thing for the club, we will gladly oblige.

We will be monitoring the situation with great interest over the coming days. We rule nothing out, and urge all Shrimpers fans to keep an eye on our socials in case of any call to action.

Hmmm, can't agree on the whole. Reality is probably somewhere in the middle of our two positions. There was no need to do this now though. It helps nobody. They rejected an offer from the consortium of however much in the £, the same offer they gave to some other pressing creditors, and they rejected it because they wanted to hold out for the whole lot. Which is fair enough. But they've been told several times that they'd need to wait for the sale to complete for that. If they can't wait or are getting jittery, they should have taken the offer from the consortium. Can't have it both ways. They and we have been screwed by Ron Martin here though.
Either way, it's not hypocrisy. It is, however, ironic.

Back