• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Latest news on the sale of the club.

So on a basic level, the firm isn't wrong to want their money. However, they don't *need* it. There is little reason why they can't wait patiently like everybody else;
I don't know much about this case, but I once waited with everyone else when a company went bust and got nothing for my troubles. Would this put them at the front of the que to be paid? I don't think anyone is guilty here apart from those who should have paid the bills; everyone is looking after their own interests. It does seem pretty stupid not to have paid your legal team though.

What do people think we can expect on the 17th, another adjournment?

I don't know much about this case, but I once waited with everyone else when a company went bust and got nothing for my troubles. Would this put them at the front of the que to be paid? I don't think anyone is guilty here apart from those who should have paid the bills; everyone is looking after their own interests. It does seem pretty stupid not to have paid your legal team though.

What do people think we can expect on the 17th, another adjournment?
Yes they're jumping the queue to get paid. Logically other creditors should now join, in order to not be put behind them! The question is why have they done this, have they any info that suggests the deal with consortium is not going to complete?

Based on the previous times we've been in court then yes I'd expect an adjournment.

Genuine question, why would you expect that? Last time we were in court the judge said he'd be winding us up if we weren't a football club etc. Why do we get more chances this time round if it does indeed go to court?
Because I'd expect us to argue that there is a fair chance that new owners will takeover in the coming weeks that will lead to a better outcome for all creditors

Genuine question, why would you expect that? Last time we were in court the judge said he'd be winding us up if we weren't a football club etc. Why do we get more chances this time round if it does indeed go to court?
Very, very different circumstances this time round.

Aside from the fact that this is a new WUP, and cannot be treated with reference to any previous ones.

I worry less about the courts and more about the NL supremos that are as fair as a badgers ar#e.

It seems tome roland rat and young rattie are nit helping the club get passed the final hurdel I know the council are going through thr D D and as when the concortium did the same it took a while to get that done .Any creditors owing money can surly see that every one are doing there level best to sort this mess out .Ans taking the club to court is not helping anyone .Yes all these crieditors what there money .But the debt is rat mans So chase him not the club .

He'll represent himself as he won't want/be able to pay for someone.
That's a worry in itself.

You can see him being asked when/how are.you going to pay and replying I'm not, these other people will.once the takeover is complete.

That's a worry in itself.

You can see him being asked when/how are.you going to pay and replying I'm not, these other people will.once the takeover is complete.
And he'll throw in the standard comment of "I will personally guarantee it, via my family businesses" which will be met with the usual quiet snigger from those present.

And he'll throw in the standard comment of "I will personally guarantee it, via my family businesses" which will be met with the usual quiet snigger from those present.
The good news is probably he wont even be there. The debt is being paid by the new owners as part of the takeover agreement. It will be apparent that DD is nearing completion and that the consortium and SBC are able to demonstrate this, that the new owners are funding current expenditures (debt not growing) and have the financial ability to settle legacy creditors on takeover, and that not just the normal test of "is there a reasonable likelihood of payment" is met but there is in fact the strong expectation it will be met and for all legacy creditors.

The judge will see a creditor trying to jump the queue, and who are presumably quite happy for all creditors to get screwed over in the process- except they also know it will be adjourned too...

This is a classic case of where where client and supplier truly deserved each other. I wonder if they send the same brief...I suspect they would find that amusing...

A number of debts were paid though, which enabled the lifting of the transfer embargo. Had we been wound up none of them would have been paid.
Quite the judge will see the direction of travel, all current debts serviced and a real likelihood of all legal debts be paid soon (by people with the means to do so).

Don't worry. It should all be fine.

I have it on good authority that Ron Martin has sent them a very stiff letter stating that if they continue with this winding up petition he will no longer be putting any more work their way.
Iam sure that would scare then .They would probable not want his bussness any more due to the fact he wouldnt pay them anyway .

Back