• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Kensdale gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reasons for this are out there, and can be pieced together.

OK has had a problem with gambling. Help was offered but refused.

A fair chunk of money disappeared from the dressing room (I understand it was more from a central fund rather than directly out of wallets, but still...) across several different instances, and it was proven that OK was the culprit.

He was confronted, but has shown no remorse or contrition.

Trust has been broken, and he has shown no desire to even attempt to repair it.

So the rumour mongers are have a field with speculations from gambling issues to theft to players revolting.
It extremely unlikely that we will really know the issues leading to his dismissal but what we do know he has left the club which should be sufficient for the fan base.
i disagree , we are a close knit club with many on here only a phone call away from someone at the club or players themselves , many knew the truth weeks back and chose not to say anything, i think the longer that happens the longer speculation turns into the bending of the truth in many occasions.

Dressing rooms are a crazy place at times and lots of crazy stuff goes on which will get laughed off, but when it comes down to something like this they will and have turned on Kensdale and that speaks volumes to his character

A fair chunk of money disappeared from the dressing room (I understand it was more from a central fund rather than directly out of wallets, but still...) across several different instances, and it was proven that OK was the culprit.

As someone that has clearly demonstrated how close you are to information at the club I’m surprised that you have effectively confirmed why he was dismissed on a public forum.

That’s pretty poor really

Kind of... the law on libel: "If you are a private person, then you can make a libel claim if you show that the defendant was negligent in determining the truth of the false statement that was made about you. But if you are a public figure, then you can make a claim only if you prove actual malice".
Note the 'public figure' and 'malice' bits...
I'm not saying publish the rumours: that looks to have been done already on other forums, but when something like this is shrouded in official mystery, it aint gonna stop the immediate speculation.

OK hasn't got the money to launch a defamation case. Nor can he prove "serious harm" to his character.

I wonder why you're quoting American law though. We go by the Defamation Act 2013.

As someone that has clearly demonstrated how close you are to information at the club I’m surprised that you have effectively confirmed why he was dismissed on a public forum.

That’s pretty poor really

The ITKs can't win :ROFL: Thank you @Medway Blue for just outright confirming which rumour it was so the speculation can now end and everyone move on

On the off chance we have a target that we can't quite meet the demands of, could this free up some money in the transfer budget?

Yes we have and they need replacing. I keep hearing that they are gone and we have replaced with gubbins who hasn't looked great and Bonne and Pebble have replaced cards.

I hope that the above prove me wrong but I just can't see Pebble, Bonne, walker and Waldron scoring 20 goals between all of them.

As for gubbins. We are leaking like a seive in comparison to last year.

Sharing gossip when the club issued a statement intentionally without any detail and advised no further comment just seems in poor taste to me.

Others probably disagree, no drama, each to their own
I do disagree as the gossip and the speculation is far more damaging than someone just saying what it is. In this thread alone OK had been accused of multiple things both social and criminal. Now we know, now we move on.

Thanks for posting that. Can end all the wild speculation.

I cant say i sympathise much tbh. Hes probably really buggered the good vibes and morale we had, and left a hole in our squad.

As always the voice of clarity. Thanks and very welcome. In the new era of comms, it’s good to hear it as the club shouldn’t say it, but the fans need the truth of the matter.” Or rumour and fog remain. We now know and can move on.

Much appreciated.

Various offers of help were made over time, but not taken. I think he may be getting some help now, but not really any of my or the club's business.

In terms of staying on.......I think it would have been very unlikely in any event due to the extent of broken trust with his teammates, but it definitely can't happen without some contrition and a desire to make amends.
Definitely the clubs business certainly not yours ..

Sharing gossip when the club issued a statement intentionally without any detail and advised no further comment just seems in poor taste to me.

Others probably disagree, no drama, each to their own
It was acknowledged to me earlier that "the reason's out there, people know", but that the club won't confirm it publicly. I completely understand their reasons for that, but they are not exactly sensitive reasons, and are definitely not secret since multiple messages on this thread and the older thread already put it out there.

I probably wouldn't have said anything, but the more inaccurate speculation was a bit wild and ridiculous, so I've attempted to shut it down so that the silliness stops and we can just move on.

Time will tell if I have done the wrong thing. The club has eyes on here, and if I've made a wrong move then I'll happily hold my hands up, and will happily apologise and remove.

Like I said, though, the club made a choice not to give more detail, and it wasn't because it's particularly sensitive or secret anymore.

Wise of you I think to clarify and end the crazy non stop speculation, now would surely be good time to close the thread as no point in constant , ongoing speculations about it
Wish the lad well , hope he will accept help , and a chance to repair things and for us too to move on
Ive mad some right Feck ups in my life

Thanks for sharing. I appreciate people will have different views on this but for me this is a real shame

If he confessed, showed remorse etc that he'd got himself in a hole then I think that would have been different and recoverable situation. Likely would have been kept in house, player pays back over an agreed time the money owed. Obviously club fine etc to follow

However the fact that he has allegedly shown 0 remorse is the saddest thing as that will likely mean his problem will get worse.

I've been to these meetings via a family member and they're not pretty. Hope he can win his battle and thanks for your efforts in the shirt, but I don't think the club had a choice here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back