• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Kensdale gone

Couldn't we have sold him to some other club, even for a cut price bargain deal?

Surely better to recoup some of the money?
I believe the circumstances of his departure are such that to have retained him with the view to selling him would have been inappropriate at least let alone a pointless exercise as he may well struggle to play professional again. The Club’s no further comment stance I feel should be seen as showing integrity. If there is to be a public airing of the reasons behind this then arguably it needs to be from the player.

Couldn't we have sold him to some other club, even for a cut price bargain deal?

Surely better to recoup some of the money?
This might have been an option if the EFL transfer window was open.

However with it being closed that limits the number of clubs with room in the wage budget to take on his wage and then pay a meaningful fee. That number is likely further limited by clubs being put off by the disciplinary issue that led to this. When they also know you’re trying to offload him that weakens your bargaining position further.

If you wait until the window reopens you’re probably paying more in wages (and outstanding signing on fee) whilst you wait than you’ll eventually recoup in transfer fee.

It’s a sad end to Maher’s first permanent signing for the club.

Ultimately for all the Those words are banned undertaken they missed one critical fact: he’s ex-Col Ewe, a sorry stain on anyone’s CV.

Clearly and lot of people know or partially know what has occurred here. But the comments it doesn’t great and he needs help and a new career, so I am guessing and not wanting speculate or want anyone to confirm as if this was to be known then it would be in the public domain, which I guess it sort of is in a round about way, but would be down the road of illegal activity such as Jay ET or could it be a long the lines of Moses Swaibu.

That is such a shame. No idea what he has done (I have heard rumours as well, which may have had an element of truth to them). Two things:

• I like the fact that the club have just confimed his departure and have given no further reasons, which is how it should be.
  • If the player chooses to make things public, he can. But equally, he has the right to keep things private so that he can move on and get some help and support without judgement.

I just hope that because he is still a young lad, he can get the right guidance and support. And if there is any way back for him in the professional game at some point in the future, that he has learnt from this and will not mess any further opportunities up.

Really sad. I had hoped that the club could have got him help for his problem but obviously the damage done was too important to permit him to stay. Such a shame for him and the club:Sad:

The reason(s) for his dismissal will no doubt emerge in the fullness of time and the speculation will end but plenty of footballers hsve had a second chance after a breach of contract and he will probably get an offer being a free agent who was well regarded and an England C international.

The reason(s) for his dismissal will no doubt emerge in the fullness of time and the speculation will end but plenty of footballers hsve had a second chance after a breach of contract and he will probably get an offer being a free agent who was well regarded and an England C international.
I would imagine clubs will talk to him but when they find out the reason, if the rumours are correct, they will steer well clear.

Really sad. I had hoped that the club could have got him help for his problem but obviously the damage done was too important to permit him to stay. Such a shame for him and the club:Sad:
Various offers of help were made over time, but not taken. I think he may be getting some help now, but not really any of my or the club's business.

In terms of staying on.......I think it would have been very unlikely in any event due to the extent of broken trust with his teammates, but it definitely can't happen without some contrition and a desire to make amends.

Back