• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

I have just had confirmed what I suspected for a while......

Ron Martin meeting with the players and coaching team at the training ground and threatening to make things difficult for anybody who tried to leave was a turning point for Łopata.

I've heard the word "bully" used.

Excellent look.
I wondered this as well, straw that broke the camels back.
Assuming it is true it’s just beyond stupid and shows no comprehension of how to act in a normal manner.

A mess for sure and one 100% down to RM.

After all. if he had not made the payment to keep the taxman at bay we would be wound up by now.

Lopata's agent would have already secured him a club and the rest of us could be discussing the viability of a phoenix club and/or the pros and cons of supporting such a venture.

I have just had confirmed what I suspected for a while......

Ron Martin meeting with the players and coaching team at the training ground and threatening to make things difficult for anybody who tried to leave was a turning point for Łopata.

I've heard the word "bully" used.

Excellent look.
There are others who did not take kindly to RM's intimidation. Performances we are seeing on the pitch are out of loyalty to KM.

Where on earth do some get these so called statments .The players were tolat the training ground that they would not be payed untill the ist of march .And thats what they got 2 months in 2 days .And i dont by that story .Why did the player in question travel to Torquay with the rest .Then when cav scored the winner rush onto the pitch and get himself booked .If he was hreatened as you say he would have walked on that day surly

I can't think of any players that felt actually intimidated with what was probably a sarcastic flippant comment. It was not the best thought out idea in the first place for RM to address the players. Done with the best intentions im sure but Tom would have delivered it better without the snide threats.
Rather than intimidated, the players would have lost more respect for RM. It seems he was using his past successes to allay worries, which was probably a reasonable thing to do, but having not paid them, there was no need for jokily delivered threats.
Have to respect he at least didn't hide away from personally talking to them, even if we may not like what was apparently said.
I've said before on here that lopata always played with desire and passionately for us, so it's hard to criticise his honest actions. He's done nothing wrong and has acted in the interests of his future. He has kept his performances and personal feelings about his treatment totally sepetate. I only feel disappointed and frustrated as a supporter but do not blame him at all. He is a very good player with big potential.

I can't think of any players that felt actually intimidated with what was probably a sarcastic flippant comment. It was not the best thought out idea in the first place for RM to address the players. Done with the best intentions im sure but Tom would have delivered it better without the snide threats.
Rather than intimidated, the players would have lost more respect for RM. It seems he was using his past successes to allay worries, which was probably a reasonable thing to do, but having not paid them, there was no need for jokily delivered threats.
Ron's never great at talking to people, always comes over as patronising!

There’s so many factors to this and they all lead to Ron Martin I’m afraid ,the level of under hand tactics that is going on a daily basis is frightening.

Imagine you are a fringe player who has gone out on loan and the club you are loaned to pays Southend the whole amount of your salary but even that isn’t being passed on to you , not one penny .

You then ask if the loan club can pay u direct so at least u get some money and the answer is NO .
This has been happening for over a period of months not weeks …….this club is a laughing stock amongst other clubs and I don’t blame any player for walking away …..the only thing keeping a number of these players here is Maher and Currie plus the promotion push

Ron's never great at talking to people, always comes over as patronising!
You can say that again! As ITK says, I don't believe anyone would have felt intimidated. He just gets laughed at/about. But quite a few did feel affronted/insulted/patronised/exasperated. And whether jokily delivered or not, RM did follow through with his threat to block Kacper leaving. Kacper certainly didn't take RM's comments as flippant or jokey, and felt they were an attempt to bully.

There’s so many factors to this and they all lead to Ron Martin I’m afraid ,the level of under hand tactics that is going on a daily basis is frightening.

Imagine you are a fringe player who has gone out on loan and the club you are loaned to pays Southend the whole amount of your salary but even that isn’t being passed on to you , not one penny .

You then ask if the loan club can pay u direct so at least u get some money and the answer is NO .
This has been happening for over a period of months not weeks …….this club is a laughing stock amongst other clubs and I don’t blame any player for walking away …..the only thing keeping a number of these players here is Maher and Currie plus the promotion push
Indeed. Takes it up a notch imo. It's one thing to not have enough money to pay your players' wages.....quite another to be invoicing another club for the wages of one of your outward loanees, but to not be passing that money onto them. Not sure whether that case falls under the "if you can't pay them all then don't pay any of them" approach, but the club is still literally receiving the money to pay thay player's wages.

Agreed on the last point, DB. I think several more would have joined Łopata's if they had as much concrete interest from elsewhere as he does, and I wouldn't rule out anyone else still trying. Even if they don't now though, I fear we'll lose a fair few in the summer and will struggle to replace them as the club's reputation is in the gutter. Worries me that Kev will get to the end of his tether and cut his losses, and possibly Still too who would take his scouting network with him.

We're surely getting to the pinch point now where its a clear choice - either Ron Martin stays or the club recovers. I'm not sure it can be both, and I certainly don't think it will be both if we fail to sneak promotion this season. This is what I mean when I say his position is untenable. Had that phrase said to me by somebody else yesterday too.

Last edited:

Christ. That is outrageous.

My knowledge of criminal law is not what it was but it seems the scenario outlined above might be covered by the Theft Act ie obtaining by deception. If the facts are as outlined it is a very serious matter. Falsely alleging criminal conduct would be no less serious in my opinion.

Players are no fools. To get where they are takes a lot of skill and mental toughness. Imagine an old man trying to intimidate them. Pathetic.
Most of this squad are not going to walk straight into Wrexham or Notts County and realise that trying to achieve success at Southend is probably the best thing they can do for their careers.

Most of this squad are not going to walk straight into Wrexham or Notts County and realise that trying to achieve success at Southend is probably the best thing they can do for their From what i have read nor is he .Matbe better off returning to his home land There is nothing stopping him playing in poland .untill things are settled with our club .

You can say that again! As ITK says, I don't believe anyone would have felt intimidated. He just gets laughed at/about. But quite a few did feel affronted/insulted/patronised/exasperated. And whether jokily delivered or not, RM did follow through with his threat to block Kacper leaving. Kacper certainly didn't take RM's comments as flippant or jokey, and felt they were an attempt to bully.

Indeed. Takes it up a notch imo. It's one thing to not have enough money to pay your players' wages.....quite another to be invoicing another club for the wages of one of your outward loanees, but to not be passing that money onto them. Not sure whether that case falls under the "if you can't pay them all then don't pay any of them" approach, but the club is still literally receiving the money to pay thay player's wages.

Agreed on the last point, DB. I think several more would have joined Łopata's if they had as much concrete interest from elsewhere as he does, and I wouldn't rule out anyone else still trying. Even if they don't now though, I fear we'll lose a fair few in the summer and will struggle to replace them as the club's reputation is in the gutter. Worries me that Kev will get to the end of his tether and cut his losses, and possibly Still too who would take his scouting network with him.

We're surely getting to the pinch point now where its a clear choice - either Ron Martin stays or the club recovers. I'm not sure it can be both, and I certainly don't think it will be both if we fail to sneak promotion this season. This is what I mean when I say his position is untenable. Had that phrase said to me by somebody else yesterday too.
Had we not been pushing for the play offs I think many more would have followed Kacper

Had we not been pushing for the play offs I think many more would have followed Kacper
Yep, that too. I believe Kacper has some pretty solid interest from higher up the pyramid though, so that will have emboldened him too. I know these guys haven't been being paid on time but no point forcing yourself out if there aren't any immediate options that are more appealing on-pitch than an unlikely play-off push here.

My knowledge of criminal law is not what it was but it seems the scenario outlined above might be covered by the Theft Act ie obtaining by deception. If the facts are as outlined it is a very serious matter. Falsely alleging criminal conduct would be no less serious in my opinion.

No it isn’t. It may be morally dubious but it is legitimate to receive what is contractually due, there will be on obligation to use it for any one purpose and there is no intention to permanently deprive.

No it isn’t. It may be morally dubious but it is legitimate to receive what is contractually due, there will be on obligation to use it for any one purpose and there is no intention to permanently deprive.
What's morally dubious about it? He wasn' paid on time for 2 consectutive months and is legally entitled to clear off if he wants to.

Back