• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

Again, one has to ask why other Directors on the Board with deep pockets sat on their hands and apparently refused to intervene when the players and staff were not being paid as the Chairman struggled to get a loan. It is a commercial disaster when a player with considerable re-sale value could claim his contract had been seriously breached and could simply walk away from the club. It is a huge own goal not only by the Chairman but the entire Board of Directors at the club.

This has been gone over and discussed many times, once HMRC had served the petition legally you are not allowed to pay anyone else, if you do you can be done for trading to the detriment of HMRC which is not a route you want to go down. There is only one person to blame for the situation we are in and that's Ron

“his agent made it clear he doesn’t want to be here,” added Maher.

So Kev is calling out the appalling Rehman ...

If Rehman was any good, if he had any ambition for Kacper, he would ride out this debacle and not sweat getting ripped off for his fees by mickey mouse RM and keep the lad playing and building his career .... and then in a few years Kacper will be on big money and useless Rehmans per centage would be serious dough.

Kacper - change your agent.

RM vs Rehman .... as some one pointed out RM has a bigger Bentley - and a lifetimes experience in screwing people over and not paying up.

Kacper change your agent - this one has landed you in a right old mess.

True, but this was bound to stir up a lot of feelings for all sorts of reasons. People need to get all that off their chests and the Zone is good for that.

I think we’ve probably covered it all now and this thread will peter out all by itself in the coming day or two (unless Kacper signs for one of our playoff rivals!).
It should at the very least be moved to ex Shrimpers because, call me picky, this is an ex Shrimper.

Come on guys it’s one player. This thread didn’t need to be nearly 20 pages long or longer. He’s gone, he’s left. The club isn’t about one player. We move in and carry on and get on with the rest of the games in hope for a playoff place.
……. But the “story” and reasons behind his leaving, offers yet another glaring example (to go with the hundreds of others) , of just how toxic and detrimental Ron Martin’s ownership has been. Maybe that’s why people are making so many contributions to this thread. ???

Bye Kacper. Let’s just make sure we get as much money out of this as possible.
Why would we get any money if we’ve breached his contract? Don’t get me wrong, I hope somehow we can, but it seems unlikely. The official SUFC comment seems to be trying to shift all blame on to Lopata when Ron’s the cause of all this surely?

Just one additional Question which puts a mega light on this subject of the Pole listening into his agent again, namely WHAT DOES STANLEY COLLYMORE SAY ON THIS SUBJECT?
I wonder if rons offered a slice of the development profits to any club employees in return for their loyalty....

Sounds like his agent has gently encouraged him to stick two fingers up at us. Can’t blame him in some respects, (obviously Ron is a ****, that goes without saying), but disappointed how this has played out.

He was the player who put in the 15-day notice and that’s now been upheld.

He needs to be careful he doesn’t get a reputation now. That’s two clubs that he (his agent) has downed tools for.
I’m pretty sure he isn’t the one with a reputation.

You don't know that, this seems to me more about the non payment of his agent...

Incidentally, Kacper has change his profile pics on his SM to ones away from both us and Sheffield.
We should have payed his agent fees
He can do what he wants on social media.

This is hardly breaking news any more Maybe its about time the mods called a halt to this now .We still have a team this man was not the team alone And there is a match on tuesday night with or with out him .

KL posted that he was no longer a southend player. The echo article seems to suggest he is?

Is that he no longer has a contract with us but we hold his registration - sort of similar to the Elvis situation
They can’t rorce him to play. It’s just rm acting like a prat and his acolytes enabling him

“his agent made it clear he doesn’t want to be here,” added Maher.

So Kev is calling out the appalling Rehman ...

If Rehman was any good, if he had any ambition for Kacper, he would ride out this debacle and not sweat getting ripped off for his fees by mickey mouse RM and keep the lad playing and building his career .... and then in a few years Kacper will be on big money and useless Rehmans per centage would be serious dough.

Kacper - change your agent.

RM vs Rehman .... as some one pointed out RM has a bigger Bentley - and a lifetimes experience in screwing people over and not paying up.

Kacper change your agent - this one has landed you in a right old mess.
If that was the case, he wouldn't have advised him to drop from a club in the championship to one in the NL. What sort of advice is that? I mean, I'm pleased for us (or I was), but when players make that sort of move it is only ever about money and they are either being paid way too much or the agent is making a killing.

Does anybody think there is more to this than just being paid late? Seems strange a player would leave at this stage of the season with a potential promotion on the cards
It wouldn't surprise me if he turned up at Wrexham.

Does anybody think there is more to this than just being paid late? Seems strange a player would leave at this stage of the season with a potential promotion on the cards

Let's look at the bigger picture. Kacper was too good to sign for us when he did, he could have easily got a move into EFL, he chose to come here to a squad he had already played with, a building progressing squad.

Soon after he arrived, we found ourselves under embargo, unable to build on the team.

Some of the rumours we have heard down the months - players paying for their own protein, technology vests unpaid and many more. Along with what we already know - unpaid wages, being kept in the dark.

I expect the chances are he has realised he made a big mistake in coming here, and knows that he doesn't need to be here. Admiration to the rest of the players for staying but no player should have to put up with what they have.

Even if we were to pull off promotion the off field issues would remain, they always have and always will whilst RM is at the helm.

Back