• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

If that was the case, he wouldn't have advised him to drop from a club in the championship to one in the NL. What sort of advice is that? I mean, I'm pleased for us (or I was), but when players make that sort of move it is only ever about money and they are either being paid way too much or the agent is making a killing.
The sort of advice that Ron Martin agreed to pay him £18k to give, and then didn't keep good on.

A players contract cannot be terminated due to an agent contract. The agent can take the player to court over the monies due however.

This must have been over the 28 days late, being regarded as a serious breach of contract by the club

I think that's my point... not really in the players interest.
All goes back to my general point about agents' exploitation of young players. I understand young players don't have the knowledge/experience/patience to negotiate for themselves but why hand over so much power over their careers to the agent? Grow a set and stand up for yourself. I know Kacper genuinely wanted to come here in the summer, he kept in touch with the club for that reason. The agent stalled and stalled to try to find him somewhere else and it was only when RM stepped in and offered an agent fee (a financially irresponsible one that he had a good idea he'd be unable to pay) that his agent agreed to open negotiations.

Sorry but in my mind, if a player tells his agent that he wants to come here then that ought to be enough to open negotiations. The agent works for the player......not the other way around.

All goes back to my general point about agents' exploitation of young players. I understand young players don't have the knowledge/experience/patience to negotiate for themselves but why hand over so much power over their careers to the agent? Grow a set and stand up for yourself. I know Kacper genuinely wanted to come here in the summer, he kept in touch with the club for that reason. The agent stalled and stalled to try to find him somewhere else and it was only when RM stepped in and offered an agent fee (a financially irresponsible one that he had a good idea he'd be unable to pay) that his agent agreed to open negotiations.

Sorry but in my mind, if a player tells his agent that he wants to come here then that ought to be enough to open negotiations. The agent works for the player......not the other way around.
Yes, that is a good point. I knew he loved it here, which is why it is so disappointing now.

A players contract cannot be terminated due to an agent contract. The agent can take the player to court over the monies due however.

This must have been over the 28 days late, being regarded as a serious breach of contract by the club
Could there have been signing on payments in KL contract? The late wages were rectified on the 28th day? And we still don't know where 28 days comes from do we?

Can't it? How do you know that for sure? If it forms part of the contract and the payment isn't forthcoming, then it's a breach of contract.

I think we need to stop and think. Elounda or RHL get the £5m bridging loan. Do we really think for one minute that Ron would just hand the whole lot over to Tom? He would hand over what is needed now to clear HMRC and certain debts, and as before drip feed the rest monthly and hope that he does need to do it for too long.
No, but I would have liked to think if Ron had one shred of decency left in him that he would have transferred enough over to Tom to pay the long suffering office staff their 3 months wages they are owed, I guess not though.

Then again, this is Ron Martin we’re talking about here.

Last edited:
No, but I would have liked to think if Ron had one shred of decency left in him that he would have transferred enough over to Tom to pay the long suffering office staff their 3 months wages they owed, I guess not though.

Then again, this is Ron Martin we’re talking about here.
Agree but do we know he hasn’t? You guess not- I don’t know. For sure if they aren’t paid and there is no movement on the embargo next week questions will rightly be asked

Over and above KL's base salary, which is/was likely to be high relative to the rest of the squad, perhaps Ron agreed to make additional bonus payments based on appearences, results, league position or even simply the passage of time e.g. signing on fee split over x months and, even allowing for the late Jan and marginally late Feb payments, these specifically have not been honoured. With Rehman seriously hacked off over the £18k or more there was always a real possibility that it would unfold in ths way it has.

Wouldn't suprise me as Ron, generally not just in this instance, seems to be far more interested (even excited) about 'the chase' and doing the deal then seems to rapidly lose interest in whatever it is he's promised.

I have just had confirmed what I suspected for a while......

Ron Martin meeting with the players and coaching team at the training ground and threatening to make things difficult for anybody who tried to leave was a turning point for Łopata.

I've heard the word "bully" used.

Excellent look.

Ron Martin going to the training ground and threatening to make things difficult for anybody who tried to leave was a turning point for Łopata.

Excellent look.
You are absolutely right- this is extremely foolish. Be cold comfort for Lopata who has another potentially protracted didpute on his hands. Feel for the player tbh ( not the agent - his job is to provide wise council- and the jury’s out on that bit for a few weeks)

Ron Martin meeting with the players and coaching team at the training ground and threatening to make things difficult for anybody who tried to leave was a turning point for Łopata.

Excellent look.
I'm glad some truths are coming out .... Kacper is a decent lad. Martin is the real villain.

Excellent look.

I hope Lopata does an interview for the very delayed/non-existent documentary (if it still exists/is getting released??)

Back