• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Kabongolo Departs

Transfer news
I guess club that will at least have him part of the match day squad. No proof it's just about money

I did think their must be more to Kev's decision not to start him for either Barnet game. Then delay bringing him on when we could all see he was exactly what was needed.
The main concern lies with the duration of the contract; however, the club was unable to provide assurances regarding his playing time. Indeed, it remains a significant consideration for the future. Good luck to him

I did wonder if he might end up being loaned out, because with our newfound ability to sign players, he was always going to be well down the pecking order. Thanks to him for coming here and helping us out earlier in the season though.
Needs to get himself regular football, possibly in the National League, but probably one league lower. Get himself established and kick on from there. He definitely has potential - If he can develop as a player he could have a league career. Equally, if his attitude isn’t right, he could disappear into non league obscurity. Will be an interesting one to watch.

I’d like to say thank you for being here and representing the club in our darkest hours. Thought he was decent when he played both in defence and attack but appreciate there is a budget
He wasn’t decent when he played in attack for us (not surprising, given he’s a defender). There was a home game where he just wandered around like a lost sheep.

I wish him all the best for the future, but this isn’t a massive loss imo.

Sustainable is the key word for our club going forward.

Let’s face it, a 5th choice centre half should be on minimal wages and I am pleased it appears that we haven’t capitulated in this regard.

Yes he may come good and he did look promising, but if we can’t afford what he wanted then end of story.

he maybe better giong back to parttime football Any club with larger squads than ours where ever he went he would have to fight for a place .Good luck to him but if he feels he has the right to walk into a matc day team he maybe fooling himself .

He did OK when called upon, both in his natural defensive position and when called on up front.

However in the eyes of the management team, he's not made the first choice 16 since we signed some more players so that tells its own story. Whether that's because of his ability or his refusal to sign a new contract who knows.

I feel no animosity towards him as he clearly wants to play regular first team football. Neither do I feel he's a great loss, and it maybe frees up the budget a bit if we need a loanee between now and the end of the season - that will probably depend on how feasible a playoff push looks by the time the transfer window shuts.

I don’t think money was the issue, wealthy family. The boy wants to play….

Yes, but where exactly?

EFL won’t be possible until next season. Missing the next six months seems a little bit of a waste. Plenty of experience and development to be had in that time.

Another NL club could be possible, although would he regularly make the starting XI for a promotion chasing team? If he is 5th choice with us, does he have a realistic chance of breaking into the back lines of teams who have performed well all season? To add to that, The likes of Barnet, Alty, Bromley and Oldham have already added to their squads ready for their playoff push. Is there any room left at the inn?

A non-promotion chasing NL team would feel like a sideways move at best, and at worst a step down, considering we’ll be tipped to be one of the big boys next term.

An NLS team perhaps? He’d certainly get the regular game time you say he wants, but no player wants to deliberately take a step down the pyramid, do they? Unless they were doing it for money, like some of Wrexham’s mercenaries.

A deliberate drop down the levels, especially at such a young age, doesn’t scream ambition either. Potentially back to part time football, playing alongside butchers, bakers and candlestick makers, in front of 150 fans.

I’m genuinely intrigued to see where he goes next and what happens when he gets there. How long will he - or his advisors - give a new team, to prove they’re worthy of having him? Three months is what he gave us.

Three months. That’s nothing in football terms. We’ve had players out injured longer this season alone. He’s clearly talented, don’t get me wrong, I just hope someone hasn’t overvalued that talent at this early stage, and thinks that it can be fast tracked.

Wasn't Brooklyn signed on a non contract basis to help us out during an embargo? I'm not sure he was ever a long term option was he, just someone who was available and could fill in? He did just that and did OK for us. Hopefully he'll get some playing time somewhere. Best of luck to him.
There were longer term plans for Brooklyn at the club. He had been highlighted as a player of interest before he signed for Billericay

Yes, but where exactly?

EFL won’t be possible until next season. Missing the next six months seems a little bit of a waste. Plenty of experience and development to be had in that time.

Another NL club could be possible, although would he regularly make the starting XI for a promotion chasing team? If he is 5th choice with us, does he have a realistic chance of breaking into the back lines of teams who have performed well all season? To add to that, The likes of Barnet, Alty, Bromley and Oldham have already added to their squads ready for their playoff push. Is there any room left at the inn?

A non-promotion chasing NL team would feel like a sideways move at best, and at worst a step down, considering we’ll be tipped to be one of the big boys next term.

An NLS team perhaps? He’d certainly get the regular game time you say he wants, but no player wants to deliberately take a step down the pyramid, do they? Unless they were doing it for money, like some of Wrexham’s mercenaries.

A deliberate drop down the levels, especially at such a young age, doesn’t scream ambition either. Potentially back to part time football, playing alongside butchers, bakers and candlestick makers, in front of 150 fans.

I’m genuinely intrigued to see where he goes next and what happens when he gets there. How long will he - or his advisors - give a new team, to prove they’re worthy of having him? Three months is what he gave us.

Three months. That’s nothing in football terms. We’ve had players out injured longer this season alone. He’s clearly talented, don’t get me wrong, I just hope someone hasn’t overvalued that talent at this early stage, and thinks that it can be fast tracked.
I’d imagine he’ll end up at a lower midtable NL club. Doesn’t need to be promotion pushing or EFL yet. What he needs is game time. If he gets game time then the scouts will follow.

There wasn’t a route to that here: when was the last time he played centre-half for us - Gateshead away in November? Have we even had any behind closed doors matches since then?

To be honest any move where he plays is going to be a step up from just training.

Back