• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Kabongolo Departs

Transfer news
Will he get it though?

I’ve no doubt our coaching team would have improved and developed him as a player, so that in time he would become a first team regular for us, before being sold to a team higher up the pyramid. Win win for everybody.

I believe someone else had other ideas, and I think that someone wants to fast track his career, I.e. he should be starting every game right now, and should be on the same money as our “big” earners.

The reality is, the young lad probably isn’t ready for this level of football yet. Not consistently week in, week out. Don’t forget he started the season not only playing part time, but three(?) divisions below where we are.

I will add that he had a very good attitude whilst with us, so I’m told, and was happy to fill into gaps and roles he’d not played before.

A shame, but there you go.
Nation League South - which is the level I believe we signed him from

Nation League South - which is the level I believe we signed him from

We signed him from Billericay who are Isthmian league.

Regular football at NLS level would be a step up from where he began this season, but a massive step down from where he most recently found himself.

FWIW, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up at a Lg2 club, before being loaned out to someone in our division.

FWIW, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up at a Lg2 club, before being loaned out to someone in our division.
Is he not a week late for that? Unless he actually left before the window shut?

Is he not a week late for that?

I was thinking it could play out the same way that the Lopata situation went. “Sign” for a EFL club, but play for someone down at this level until the summer when he’d join up with the EFL team.

Just speculation on my part, I don’t know for certain, but process of elimination, it wouldn’t make sense for him to drop down to a NLS team, and whilst he could potentially join a promotion rival at our level on a long-term basis, you’ve got to wonder where he’d fit in as a regular starter, if he can’t regularly start for us right now.

We signed him from Billericay who are Isthmian league.

Regular football at NLS level would be a step up from where he began this season, but a massive step down from where he most recently found himself.

At 23 Kensdale is miles ahead of Kabongolo (21) in his development (in my personal opinion)

He struggles at this level so the only way is down really. He’s like a dopey giant but I think Kev could have turned him into a decent centre half. I think his Dad made a bad call on this one.

Well I never saw that coming! :Facepalm:

I understand his Dad has his best interests and wants the best for him but this reputation will follow him. He hasn’t exactly set the world alight, couple of good performances for us doesn’t warrant a long contract and same money as our top earners. Hats off to the club for not balking on the demands.

I got warned that this would happen in October when I spoke to someone close to Billericay.

Needs a stint in a first team regularly, unfortunately I cannot see that any level higher than NLS.

He’ll probably end up in a youth team/B team of a higher level club, do a couple of loans then get released and end up back in the lower leagues of non league.

Shame as he is a talented player being held back by the greed and delusion of his father.

Back