• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Kabongolo Departs

Transfer news
Wow, surely he couldn't of been on that much when he was part time? Shame if money was the case. Could of Developed into an absolute weapon in this league with his physicality

A little disappointing, I think he has the potential to be a decent player.

I suppose with Crowther signing, and the other 3 centre backs signing new contracts he couldn’t really see much of a path to the first team.

Yet he was happy enough to be playing part time with Billericay until we came in for him. Will be interesting to see if he gets a full time contract somewhere else.

Weird one but not unexpected given some of the stories about his dad/agent. Disappointing to lose a man and thought he had potential, but swapping clubs every few months won’t help him get anywhere.
He just needs to be playing first team football regularly

A real pity as he looked a real talent. Raw but with the highest ceiling in the squad given his physical attributes.

His introduction against Solihull may have changed the course of our season. He came on after 20 minutes and won a 50:50 tackle which sparked us into life after a relatively moribund start and we went on to win 5-0.

We arguably played our best football of the season with him in defence.

However I can’t say I blame him for wanting to move elsewhere. Ralph, Taylor and now Kensdale have all recently signed new deals. Crowther has joined and immediately jumped him in the queue. Then there’s Lomas returning hopefully soon as well. His path is blocked both short term and long term. Plus we have no means of developing young players outside of the first team environment (we don’t even have a reserve team or regular games for fringe players) and he needs to be playing games to develop.

The biggest what if since another extremely raw but talented French centre-half, Bilel Mohsni?

He just needs to be playing first team football regularly

Will he get it though?

I’ve no doubt our coaching team would have improved and developed him as a player, so that in time he would become a first team regular for us, before being sold to a team higher up the pyramid. Win win for everybody.

I believe someone else had other ideas, and I think that someone wants to fast track his career, I.e. he should be starting every game right now, and should be on the same money as our “big” earners.

The reality is, the young lad probably isn’t ready for this level of football yet. Not consistently week in, week out. Don’t forget he started the season not only playing part time, but three(?) divisions below where we are.

I will add that he had a very good attitude whilst with us, so I’m told, and was happy to fill into gaps and roles he’d not played before.

A shame, but there you go.

This is where I am regarding this …

Kabongolo was an ok player, as others have said good physical attributes however no where near ready for this level of football imo.

I think the management team have done the right thing in offering him a contract especially after the situation we were in as a reward like they said they would do.

Personally I think the saving on the all be it small wages I suspect that we offered him to maybe be included to lure a better player our way in the summer.

Thanks Brooklyn for your efforts I just hope your dad/agent doesn’t rue this chance for you.

I agree, there is the bare bones of a good player in there - not sure where he thinks / his agent think he is going to go that is a better fit for him.

Let go by Ipswich, ends up at Billericay, we offer him FT football - now demanding big wages.

Will probably end up at NLS back playing part time.

Should have taken the contract at a club on the up.

I agree, there is the bare bones of a good player in there - not sure where he thinks / his agent think he is going to go that is a better fit for him.

Let go by Ipswich, ends up at Billericay, we offer him FT football - now demanding big wages.

Will probably end up at NLS back playing part time.

Should have taken the contract at a club on the up.

I guess club that will at least have him part of the match day squad. No proof it's just about money

I did think their must be more to Kev's decision not to start him for either Barnet game. Then delay bringing him on when we could all see he was exactly what was needed.

Be interesting to see what he was offered. imho he's one for the future and wouldn't be a serious first team option this season

I'd say, Squad rotation player, if one of our CB's get injured he's a solid sub.

Anything less would have been a **** take. But if he wanted more then he's deluded

Back