• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bought mine yesterday. All 3 where in my basket already (Gillingham EFL Trophy, Colchester Friendly and the Newcastle Friendly) just removed the ones I didn't want and checked out.

I think it reduces when you go to pay.

cheers guys

I just spoke to the club , I had two log ons one as a season ticket holder and one not as a season ticket holder - and ny email address worked for the 'wrong one' . They fixed it- my error

Just under 3,000 home tickets sold so far for this match.
Could be on for 5,500 to 6,000 crowd?

Just over 1,100 home tickets sold for the Colchester friendly.

my work colleague is a Geordie. He said he would be disappointed if there were less than 1500 Newcastle fans there. He lives in Chelmsford but has 6 mates travelling down just for the game, they won't be alone

my work colleague is a Geordie. He said he would be disappointed if there were less than 1500 Newcastle fans there. He lives in Chelmsford but has 6 mates travelling down just for the game, they won't be alone

Indeed, for lots of people the opportunity for a couple of days at the seaside thrown in with a game of football is still a huge draw and I can see it being a really good crowd.

There will be 2000 Geordies no doubt and I expect with the echo to publicise in the days leading up to the game.

I'm sure there will be around 6500+ on the night maybe more.

I agree. The media reports that they took over3000 fans to watch their team play against Bohemians in Dublin at the weekend. That's about a 7.5 - 8 hour drive (or of course they could fork out and fly) In comparison, we are about a 5 hour drive away, so on that basis, I think it's realistic that they will bring 2000+ down to the hall.

Should be the best pre-season atmosphere at home for a while.

Nearly 3,500 home tickets sold for this now.
Apart from when we play West Ham, I cant remember us getting such a large pre-season crowd for many seasons.

On a down side only 1,274 sold for Colchester Friendly. Only 75 tickets sold for South Upper & Lower, I know people moan about it not being open but you can see why they shut it for Friendly matches.
South Stand also open for the Gillingham EDL cup game and only 63 tickets sold so far.

Upto 3538 now.
Additionally, for the opening few league games - 4145 for Gills, 3896 for Brizzle and 3869 for Fleetwood.

Nearly 3,500 home tickets sold for this now.
Apart from when we play West Ham, I cant remember us getting such a large pre-season crowd for many seasons.

On a down side only 1,274 sold for Colchester Friendly. Only 75 tickets sold for South Upper & Lower, I know people moan about it not being open but you can see why they shut it for Friendly matches.
South Stand also open for the Gillingham EDL cup game and only 63 tickets sold so far.

Pre-season friendlies are awful and quite frankly I think 1,274 is OK for such lowly opposition.

Upto 3538 now.
Additionally, for the opening few league games - 4145 for Gills, 3896 for Brizzle and 3869 for Fleetwood.

OK the Gillingham crowd might be 8,000+ especially if they bring nearly 2,000. But cant see the other 2 getting near that. Apart from a few leaflets what other plans have the club got to get 8,000 through the gate?

When you look at the tickets sold for League matches the Family area seems very sparse probably due to holidays but not even many Family Season tickets sold this season by the looks of it, only about 240 and you can halve that as one ticket free. So only about 120 people have brought family season tickets. The club really need to be addressing that issue.

The Newcastle game was always going to be a good crowd. It's so much different to what we're used to. Most of us are sick to death of games v Spam. We need a break from them. Friendlies against teams like Newcastle or similar clubs is the way forward.

Will it be fine to turn up to the West Stand just before the game on Tuesday and get tickets? I'm going with some work mates, but a few are umming and ahing about coming so can't really pre book.

I personally have no problem at all paying £15 to watch Newcastle. Championship or not they are a massive club and only those of us old enough to have gone will remember the games against them years back.
The away game in the pouring rain and the home game when we went top for a few hours bring back fond memories of playing Newcastle.
Better that than the same old non league or East London friendlies.
STH at £5 is also a good thing

I only dried off from that game three years ago. It even watered down my blood.

The home game to go top was memorable but this away game was good considering it was a defeat.Seem to recall the coach getting to Newcastle quite late so very crowded which does not happen every away game. Then getting as has been mentioned soaking wet and also seem to recall Martin's goal being a good strike from distance but that could just be my memory softening the blow of the defeat for me over the years.

Newcastle United 3-2 Southend United - August 15, 1992

The season which really got the Keegan revolution started began with United holding off a fierce Southend performance to claim a 3-2 victory.
Paul Bracewell gave the Magpies a fifth-minute lead, before Spencer Prior bundled into his own net.
Dave Martin then pulled one back for Southend, only for Lee Clark to restore United’s two-goal lead in the 70th minute.
Ian Benjamin may have bagged another for Southend, but Newcastle held on for a win - the first of 11 on the bounce that season.

The home game to go top was memorable but this away game was good considering it was a defeat.Seem to recall the coach getting to Newcastle quite late so very crowded which does not happen every away game. Then getting as has been mentioned soaking wet and also seem to recall Martin's goal being a good strike from distance but that could just be my memory softening the blow of the defeat for me over the years.

Newcastle United 3-2 Southend United - August 15, 1992

The season which really got the Keegan revolution started began with United holding off a fierce Southend performance to claim a 3-2 victory.
Paul Bracewell gave the Magpies a fifth-minute lead, before Spencer Prior bundled into his own net.
Dave Martin then pulled one back for Southend, only for Lee Clark to restore United’s two-goal lead in the 70th minute.
Ian Benjamin may have bagged another for Southend, but Newcastle held on for a win - the first of 11 on the bounce that season.

There you go.

[video=youtube;vFBoJVg6uLE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFBoJVg6uLE#t=157.089317[/video]

I was there. I remember there being plenty of Geordies in our end, not even pretending to be away fans. Benji's dummy on the keeper for the final goal wasn't bad was it?

OK the Gillingham crowd might be 8,000+ especially if they bring nearly 2,000. But cant see the other 2 getting near that. Apart from a few leaflets what other plans have the club got to get 8,000 through the gate?

When you look at the tickets sold for League matches the Family area seems very sparse probably due to holidays but not even many Family Season tickets sold this season by the looks of it, only about 240 and you can halve that as one ticket free. So only about 120 people have brought family season tickets. The club really need to be addressing that issue.

Bear in mind these games are in the Summer holidays, many people are going to be away. Early games in the season often have lower attendances and as the season is starting that much earlier it will be even worse.

Back