• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will be good to see Hayden back at Roots Hall..... Now if he or Benitez could just drop that cheque into the office whilst they are here, we would all be much obliged. :smile:

Will be good to see Hayden back at Roots Hall..... Now if he or Benitez could just drop that cheque into the office whilst they are here, we would all be much obliged. :smile:

Or leave Armstrong behind, either is fine with me.

See Col ***** are playing Crystal Palace tonight I think, that Palace have been a decent game for us rather than playing Col ***** on Saturday

Really looking forward to this one. Looks like a strong NUFC squad too so will be a good test for the lads and the trialists.

Col Ewe on Saturday less so, should savour the derbies for when they matter rather than pointless friendlies.

We will get over 5k fans in home end, as me and my mates haven't got ticket yet, get them tomorrow on match day.

Just been reading on the Newcastle web site , it says that Newcastle played Southend in the 76-77 season in a friendly and won 2-0 , does anyone remember this game because I dont .

Just been reading on the Newcastle web site , it says that Newcastle played Southend in the 76-77 season in a friendly and won 2-0 , does anyone remember this game because I dont .

I don't remember it, and I can't find that game looking up results. We had 4 friendlies that season, Leicester being one of them, but no Newcastle. The only one I can find is Friday 6th May 1959 at Roots Hall. Newcastle won 6-3.

we did play Newcastle pre-season and Darlington. I believe the team had gone away up there and one or both were behind closed door friendlies.

Cant see it anywhere else, so here we go. First proper friendly of the season, my starting line up:

Oxley
Deme Barrett Thompson Coker
Mcglashan Leonard Bridge Mclaughlin
Cox and Murray

Think he will go with Mooney instead of Murray, but as still on trial would be a good game to test him in CBs worry me, especially with the pace Newcastle have in the side, but we are limited in that position. Thinking also that Wilko might start instead of Bridge but would like to see him given a go

I'm sure the Geordies will pack out the away end.

They have lots of southern based fans.

Lots of the fans won't get to see an away game this season due to limitations of away capacities.

7500 + tonight for sure.

Cant see it anywhere else, so here we go. First proper friendly of the season, my starting line up:

Oxley
Deme Barrett Thompson Coker
Mcglashan Leonard Bridge Mclaughlin
Cox and Murray

Think he will go with Mooney instead of Murray, but as still on trial would be a good game to test him in CBs worry me, especially with the pace Newcastle have in the side, but we are limited in that position. Thinking also that Wilko might start instead of Bridge but would like to see him given a go

The wingers will be vital tonight. Get it out wide and deliver quality in the box.

I'm sure the Geordies will pack out the away end.

They have lots of southern based fans.

Lots of the fans won't get to see an away game this season due to limitations of away capacities.

7500 + tonight for sure.
I work with a Geordie, he is expecting between 1500-2000 to be there

Back