• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Saw Rafa Benitez in charge of Real Madrid in October. 9 months later he'll be at Roots Hall! What a come down he's had this year.

£10 and £5 concessions for season ticket holders is a decent price so fair play to the club on this one, even if they put out a very weak team it'll be good to see someone different for a change.

Seems to me like he's going up in the world:smile:

I remember a few seasons ago, they played orient away in preseason and took over 2,000!

There are a good many Geordies living in the London area so it could be a nice trip to Southend to see the game.

I'll go for 8,000 - that's half way between the two figures of 6,000 and 10,000 mentioned already.

£15 for this home friendly against a championship club, well I can tell you mr Martin, I won't be coming as that is a rip off, enjoy trying to get 5,000 fans inside for that price:omg:

£15 for this home friendly against a championship club, well I can tell you mr Martin, I won't be coming as that is a rip off, enjoy trying to get 5,000 fans inside for that price:omg:

As apposed to £24 for a game against say fleetwood town.

Tbh I think it's good value. Newcastle imho are a massive club and should not be in the championship. They have top class players tat are way above most at that level.

Tbh I think it's good value. Newcastle imho are a massive club and should not be in the championship. They have top class players tat are way above most at that level.
Well we will see who turns up eh, championship club or not.......its wat they are, we don't even no wat sort of a team they will bring down, sure to be around 1500 Newcastle fans tho:thumbsup:

And for the STH's it's a fiver, can't argue with watching what could be a half decent game for a fiver and it's against someone a bit different. I'd rather watch Newcastle who will bring some proper fans some of whom are willing to travel 300 miles than have to share the home stands with a load of 'billy big bollocks' Spammers rubbing my nose in it that my taxes are subsidising their cheap tickets in the Olympic Stadium.

That's the only £15 we will be spending at RH pre-season so why not. Not exactly a rip off is it. Like others on here, I've already got a couple of mates who don't normally go interested. So that will help towards our 25 goal a season striker, they certainly don't come cheap.

I personally have no problem at all paying £15 to watch Newcastle. Championship or not they are a massive club and only those of us old enough to have gone will remember the games against them years back.
The away game in the pouring rain and the home game when we went top for a few hours bring back fond memories of playing Newcastle.
Better that than the same old non league or East London friendlies.
STH at £5 is also a good thing

I never do preseason friendlies, but @ £12 adult and £2 kids it's only going to cost me £16 for us to watch Newcastle - a team we don't normally get a chance to see - and Rafa Benitez in the dugout. So for this game I'm making an exception:smile:

I have been to Roots Hall this morning, pitch is a long way from usable.

And if PB is such great mates with Big Sam why aren't we lining up against the Black Cats?

Must be young followers on here, we have has decent top flight friendlys in the past.

And if PB is such great mates with Big Sam why aren't we lining up against the Black Cats?

Probably because they will be spending a lot of time together very soon :sherlock:

OR ENGLAND... (Seeing as Big Sam is going to be the new national team coach, or is that coach driver...) :smile:

I never do preseason friendlies, but @ £12 adult and £2 kids it's only going to cost me £16 for us to watch Newcastle - a team we don't normally get a chance to see - and Rafa Benitez in the dugout. So for this game I'm making an exception:smile:

Has any Season Ticket Holder bought their ticket on the website. Mine still comes up at £15

Bought mine yesterday. All 3 where in my basket already (Gillingham EFL Trophy, Colchester Friendly and the Newcastle Friendly) just removed the ones I didn't want and checked out.

Back