• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Josh Walker signs on a two year deal

Transfer news
A different kind of forward to what we’ve had too, so excited to see how Kev fits him in.

Also some much needed cover. Cards has his fair share of knocks and injuries and Waldron might well suffer with a few in his first full season full-time. The more the merrier.

Wow this boy looks mustard! So exciting to talk about new players coming in!

Oh how I have missed ye! 🥲

Here’s another one

It’s obviously difficult to judge from highlights as Callum Powell’s highlights reel (I pick him as he replaces Powell) for example probably doesn’t include his miss when clean through at Barnet or the other shots that troubled the corner flag just the ones that nestled in the net, but Walker looks like he’s got the ability to beat a man which we lacked last year (Bridge and Fonguck aside) and the composure to finish along with a touch of pace.

Matt Dennis scored a lot of goals for us in his loan spell by just being the first to the ball in the penalty area and I think Walker could potentially do something similar with his short area quickness. The other name that came to mind was (ooh) Andy Ansah with the way he seems to just be a live wire.

Looking forward to @ShrimperStats’ analysis including on the defensive side of the game and whether he will press but I’d like to see him playing off Cardwell. If fit and back to his best he could be a menace.

I only went to cook my dinner (yes I do cook sometimes 😂) and in that time we have signed two players

Ladies and Gentleman we are “up and running” now all we need is the announcement of the sale and then ST

Excellent signing ✍🏻

When linked to McCullum, one thing I said was I’d worried about his pressing from the front, something which all of our forwards brought into.

No qualms with his pressing.

Was exceptional at this level for Daggers, and anything to see them cry is amazing.

Think Matt Dennis type of striker, but more of a natural goalscorer. Imagine him running off of Cards or Waldron’s good work.

Now we are starting to cook 🧑‍🍳

I’ve spoken to my friend who is a Burton Albion fan, goes to 90% of games and said the following:

So…. We got him a couple of transfer windows ago from Dagenham and came with a decent reputation as being a good pro. It was absolutely apparent that he was massively out his depth in league one and let’s be honest mate, out of his depth in a shockingly poor/awful/struggling Burton side who only managed to escape relegation on the final day!! We loaned him out in Jan to Gillingham and their fans didn’t think much to him.

He can’t head the ball for toffee. Easily bullied. However, his attitude is quite infectious and he will run and I mean run all ****ing day. He will run the channels, chase, hurry, do doggy’s etc. To me, we didn’t see the best of him because he never got an opportunity. Gillingham he was quickly out of favour plus they changed managers. Don’t expect him to score a hatful. 10 max. And I will be surprised if he gets 10.

An astute signing. Cardwell, Waldron and Walker is a strong attacking force. We’re going to need 3 to push for promotion. Yes Notts County had Langstaff and Wrexham had Mullin who hit extraordinary numbers but they also had strength in depth to fill in where needed and others chipping in with goals also. 46 NL games plus potential cup games is a long season

I’ve spoken to my friend who is a Burton Albion fan, goes to 90% of games and said the following:

So…. We got him a couple of transfer windows ago from Dagenham and came with a decent reputation as being a good pro. It was absolutely apparent that he was massively out his depth in league one and let’s be honest mate, out of his depth in a shockingly poor/awful/struggling Burton side who only managed to escape relegation on the final day!! We loaned him out in Jan to Gillingham and their fans didn’t think much to him.

He can’t head the ball for toffee. Easily bullied. However, his attitude is quite infectious and he will run and I mean run all ****ing day. He will run the channels, chase, hurry, do doggy’s etc. To me, we didn’t see the best of him because he never got an opportunity. Gillingham he was quickly out of favour plus they changed managers. Don’t expect him to score a hatful. 10 max. And I will be surprised if he gets 10.
Not exactly inspiring. But as we've all seen for some players it doesnt always work out at certain clubs, lets hope he does the business for us.

Gary Hooper was toilet for us but he turned out OK after moving on

Sometimes you just need a new club and a fresh start. Think he will do well under Kev 💪🦐💙

Excellent signing ✍🏻

When linked to McCullum, one thing I said was I’d worried about his pressing from the front, something which all of our forwards brought into.

No qualms with his pressing.

Was exceptional at this level for Daggers, and anything to see them cry is amazing.

Think Matt Dennis type of striker, but more of a natural goalscorer. Imagine him running off of Cards or Waldron’s good work.

Now we are starting to cook 🧑‍🍳

Another thought on this…

When Kev came in, we started off with a 3-4-3, with overlapping centre halves, and Dennis as one of his wide forwards.

Could we see a return to this, he loves 3 across the back (5 if you include wing backs) and go with 3 up top. Cards through the middle and Waldon & Walker either side.

You’d need legs for the two in the middle, and us moving Wes on is a sign that he wasn’t a player who had the legs for that system.

Wes was offered a reduced deal, reflecting how we saw his role next season.

Like the Gubbins signing, this could give us additional flexibility to rest, rotate or even change up the system.

Back