• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

I'm not a member of the Labour party, and never have been. I've not argued with anyone in the Labour party.

And I don't respect anyone that displays racist tendencies, whether they be left or right. Don't forget it's your opinion, not fact, that the idiot Ken Livingstone is the best Mayor London has ever had. However, he's not exactly up against strong opposition it he? To date there's only been two London Mayors.

How soon we forget Dick Whittington. :facepalm:

I'm not a member of the Labour party, and never have been. I've not argued with anyone in the Labour party.

And I don't respect anyone that displays racist tendencies, whether they be left or right. Don't forget it's your opinion, not fact, that the idiot Ken Livingstone is the best Mayor London has ever had. However, he's not exactly up against strong opposition it he? To date there's only been two London Mayors.

I'd go as far as saying that he was also the greatest leader of the GLC too.

While you may well not have ever been a member of the Labour party as you say,I suspect you've voted for Labour while Blair was leader,hence my Blairite jibe.

Not that I am aware of. Only one party is doing well in Scotland to my knowledge and it's neither the government nor the main opposition in the UK.

I agree we are thinking along the same lines - Labour didn't lose the GE because of UKIP or middle England or whatever - they lost because of the SNP.

Add the PLP +SNP MP's and you still wouldn't have a majority in Parliament unfortunately.

I'd go as far as saying that he was also the greatest leader of the GLC too.

While you may well not have ever been a member of the Labour party as you say,I suspect you've voted for Labour while Blair was leader,hence my Blairite jibe.

I voted Labour under Blair. I voted Labour under all leaders since I could vote, the first of which (IIRC) was Neil Kinnock. I won't vote Labour until the party rids itself of its racist tendencies, and I'm not just talking about the idiot Ken Livingstone. Your assertion that I have somehow lost an argument seems ridiculous given the circumstances.

I voted Labour under Blair. I voted Labour under all leaders since I could vote, the first of which (IIRC) was Neil Kinnock. I won't vote Labour until the party rids itself of its racist tendencies, and I'm not just talking about the idiot Ken Livingstone. Your assertion that I have somehow lost an argument seems ridiculous given the circumstances.

Thnks for being straighforward about your voting history.

My assertion was aimed at Blairites,who've most certainly lost the internal debate in the Labour party (until 2020 at least).

Last edited:
Thnks for being strighforward about your voting history.

My assertion was aimed at Blairites,who've most certainly lost the internal debate in the Labour party (until 2020 at least).

I'll take that as an acceptance that you were wrong to include me in an argument I've never been party to. After all this is what you actually said:

It's a pity that Blairites ( like you) don't recognise that you've lost the argument in the Labour party.

Also that you don't respect the best Mayor that London has ever had.

I'll take that as an acceptance that you were wrong to include me in an argument I've never been party to. After all this is what you actually said:

You've admitted to not having any time for JC or Ken Livingstone.That puts you on the Blairite wing of the Labour party I'd've thought-even as a voter rather than a party member.

'Still'?????

For me this is a slow news day article. The Labour Party is packed to the rim with anti-racists and anti-fascists, but even within that you will get the odd wrong un. The crux on the article is 'problem identified - problem dealt with'. For me the statements below are the conclusions - the rest is someone who has a deadline and nothing to write about.

'Which brings us to Jeremy Corbyn. No one accuses him of being an antisemite.

Thanks to Corbyn, the Labour party is expanding, attracting many leftists who would previously have rejected it or been rejected by it. Among those are people with hostile views of Jews. Two of them have been kicked out, but only after they had first been readmitted and once their cases attracted unwelcome external scrutiny.'

'Still'?????

For me this is a slow news day article. The Labour Party is packed to the rim with anti-racists and anti-fascists, but even within that you will get the odd wrong un. The crux on the article is 'problem identified - problem dealt with'. For me the statements below are the conclusions - the rest is someone who has a deadline and nothing to write about.

Thanks to Corbyn, the Labour party is expanding, attracting many leftists who would previously have rejected it or been rejected by it. Among those are people with hostile views of Jews. Two of them have been kicked out, but only after they had first been readmitted and once their cases attracted unwelcome external scrutiny.'

To me this is the crux of what you highlighted. In one case that external scrutiny was by Camerscum himself. Moreover, it would be naive in the extreme to believe that the Labour Party has rid itself of its racist elements completely. It also seems that a large number of racists are still members, especially if the Oxford University issue is to be believed.

To me this is the crux of what you highlighted. In one case that external scrutiny was by Camerscum himself. Moreover, it would be naive in the extreme to believe that the Labour Party has rid itself of its racist elements completely. It also seems that a large number of racists are still members, especially if the Oxford University issue is to be believed.
Not that any party could rid itself of a racist element but that there have been expulsions by the party rather than the party being called on to do it. That says to me that on the rare occasion it occurs it is dealt with.

The article doesn't give a conclusion on Oxford but it's a dirt digging article so if there was more dirt they would have noted it.

'Still'?????

Isn't it more about the company he has kept?

I am not aware of anything Corbyn has said that is racist, however he is certainly guilty of of being in the company of people with extreme and vile views which have been racist.

Isn't it more about the company he has kept?

I am not aware of anything Corbyn has said that is racist, however he is certainly guilty of of being in the company of people with extreme and vile views which have been racist.
He has been a protester all of his life in many issues and has shared stages with people that have come under scrutiny. Be won't choose who is on before or after him.
He has also had discussions with all sorts of nasty types but that is what he does - he negotiates and looks to persuade.
I judge him on his opinions, there are other ways to judge people so each person can take their own route on that.

He has been a protester all of his life in many issues and has shared stages with people that have come under scrutiny. Be won't choose who is on before or after him.
He has also had discussions with all sorts of nasty types but that is what he does - he negotiates and looks to persuade.
I judge him on his opinions, there are other ways to judge people so each person can take their own route on that.

I'm a little bit lost here....for years he was a back bench party MP whom few had heard of, what exactly has he negotiated?, and under what authority?

You are right in one respect, if he deems it ok to share a stage with people who have vile views, then he will be judged on that.

I'm a little bit lost here....for years he was a back bench party MP whom few had heard of, what exactly has he negotiated?, and under what authority?

You are right in one respect, if he deems it ok to share a stage with people who have vile views, then he will be judged on that.

Cameron invites over the Chinese President and practically bends over for him, Thatcher had a love in with Pinochet but lets have a go at JC. A few people in the Labour Government are racists? Without a doubt, but I bet you there's far more in the Tory Party, and UKIP is stuffed with them.

Back