• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

Still need to pick the right one of three.....

Are any of them right though?

As an outsider looking in here is my take on the candidates:

Burnham - Maybe the party faithful choice, but will always be tainted with Staffs NHS failure and I would be concerned with his performance in parliament when anything about the NHS comes up. Also if you thought it was bad with the "There is no money" letter then imagine the field day the Tories and the press will have with his record on the above.

Cooper - Possibly the union choice but her marriage to Ed Balls almost certainly will work against her with the electorate.

Kendall - The most central of all the candidates but could alienate the left of the party and its traditional voters. Maybe not a bad thing with voters as my personal take on Labour's campaign at the G.E was that they seemed to be preaching to the already converted by targeting mainly their core voters.

A slightly different question about the polls, every pre-election poll I saw added upto 100% across the parties. Do they take into account undecided? If not, why not? as even 5% in the right areas can make a huge difference.

My 2 million pound property !

now I am confused. Not by the fact that you have a 2 million pound property, but that you don't like Labour even though they are not in power and haven't been for the last 5 years. Even before that people with expensive properties were not penalised by the last Labour Government. So, if they haven't affected you personally, why the bitterness?

Are any of them right though?

As an outsider looking in here is my take on the candidates:

Burnham - Maybe the party faithful choice, but will always be tainted with Staffs NHS failure and I would be concerned with his performance in parliament when anything about the NHS comes up. Also if you thought it was bad with the "There is no money" letter then imagine the field day the Tories and the press will have with his record on the above.

Cooper - Possibly the union choice but her marriage to Ed Balls almost certainly will work against her with the electorate.

Kendall - The most central of all the candidates but could alienate the left of the party and its traditional voters. Maybe not a bad thing with voters as my personal take on Labour's campaign at the G.E was that they seemed to be preaching to the already converted by targeting mainly their core voters.

A slightly different question about the polls, every pre-election poll I saw added upto 100% across the parties. Do they take into account undecided? If not, why not? as even 5% in the right areas can make a huge difference.

Frankly,I'd be astonished if Yvette Cooper picked up any substantial union support even from individual union members.

Meanwhile,Andy Burhnam has secured an important endorsement from Dan Jarvis.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...acked-by-dan-jarvis-in-labour-leadership-race

In answer to your "undecided" question, I saw a report which suggested that as many as one third of voters were undecided before election day.

In answer to your "undecided" question, I saw a report which suggested that as many as one third of voters were undecided before election day.

That was kind of my point, none of the polls pre-election seemed to have a percentage for undecided. Now with all best will in the world, if 1500 people were asked at least some would be undecided even if it was a small percentage. As I said in the right constituencies it could be a rather big difference.

and paid his tax...:winking:

I do not like him, he seems to be an arrogant bully who models himself on Prescott without the working background and also with little class. I also don't like how he (and his wife, although she seems ok) must have a policy of avoiding media attention as a couple.
He did say some sound words BUT my impression was that he would say whatever sounded good, his "speeches" were often much better than his responses to questioning; where he was too often muddled and used tired rhetoric instead of answering the question - like most MPs!

Back