• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

All I know about Mary Creagh is that she has a degree in Modern Languages from Oxford.

Liz Kendall comes across as quite a good media performer (born/grew up in Watford.MP for Leicester West since 2010).But she's not in AB's or YC's league I'd've thought.

Maybe that could be a plus. She apparently has no baggage which both Cooper and Burnham do in the eyes of some supporters. I still haven't ruled out Miliband major or Jarvis being persuaded to stand up and be counted.

Maybe that could be a plus. She apparently has no baggage which both Cooper and Burnham do in the eyes of some supporters. I still haven't ruled out Miliband major or Jarvis being persuaded to stand up and be counted.

You might as well rule them out. Jarvis isn't long a widower, and Milliband is running a charity in the states and ruled himself out last week after returning the favour to Beaker.

Kendall would probably be my pick from those currently in, but I haven't given up hope of Jarvis being persuaded to run in the absence of any meaningful competition. He's speaking publicly tomorrow, so I guess in 24 hours we'll know either way.

Have to say, Chuka withdrawing is a huge blow, as evidenced by the glee with which the right-leaning press has reported it today.

Kendall would probably be my pick from those currently in, but I haven't given up hope of Jarvis being persuaded to run in the absence of any meaningful competition. He's speaking publicly tomorrow, so I guess in 24 hours we'll know either way.

Have to say, Chuka withdrawing is a huge blow, as evidenced by the glee with which the right-leaning press has reported it today.

But if he is going to get the ache with the press nosing into his private life now, then what's he going to be like six months down the line. Surely he must realise that he is going to live in the spotlight if he was to be leader.

So where does that leave Liz Kendall and Mary Creagh. They are newish names to me, but does anyone on here know how they are rated? This is a serious question mrsblue, so no smart arse response thanks.

The Labour mob are in utter disarray with even Kendall admitting they may never be in power again,there best chance of success is having an old pair of carpet slippers as leader:winking:

The Labour mob are in utter disarray with even Kendall admitting they may never be in power again,there best chance of success is having an old pair of carpet slippers as leader:winking:

You just had to do it, didn't you?

But if he is going to get the ache with the press nosing into his private life now, then what's he going to be like six months down the line. Surely he must realise that he is going to live in the spotlight if he was to be leader.

I take your point, and it'll be interesting to see if Chuka does run again in the future as he's said he will, but it's easy to forget that he's only 36. By all accounts Mandelson effectively forced him into running this time around, perhaps mindful of the weak field, and he's just not ready for it. He's always been a private man who's sheltered his family from a lot of it, so perhaps now you'll start to see him gradually take more of a front row seat in the shadow cabinet and make a gradual climb to 'fame', rather than just having the full weight of it thrust upon him.

Maybe not within the staunch left sections of the party, but those are certainly (EU referendum aside) the sorts of noises I want to hear from a leader candidate. Miliband's campaign was too scattergun in its approach so it lost focus, if Kendall is setting her stall out to be a leader that'll modernise the party and inch it to the centre, then fair play.

I'd much rather have her do that than have Cooper or Burnham fart arse around for another five years, only to be savaged by Boris throughout April and May 2020.

Maybe not within the staunch left sections of the party, but those are certainly (EU referendum aside) the sorts of noises I want to hear from a leader candidate. Miliband's campaign was too scattergun in its approach so it lost focus, if Kendall is setting her stall out to be a leader that'll modernise the party and inch it to the centre, then fair play.

I'd much rather have her do that than have Cooper or Burnham fart arse around for another five years, only to be savaged by Boris throughout April and May 2020.

I'm quite happy to be predict that Liz Kendall won't be elected leader of the PLP this year,if ever.

As for YC or AB,be careful what you wish for.:winking:

I wonder if Nicola Sturgeon would consider standing, that would be fun.

My prediction for their next leader

Pair of old slippers
Can of opened baked beans
An ashtray slightly chipped
Bag of boiled sweets

The above 4 candidates cannot do any worse than Ed,failing those then David.

Why would you repeat the same 'joke' when no one laughed the first time? Too much time on your hands?

Why would you repeat the same 'joke' when no one laughed the first time? Too much time on your hands?

The thing is *** it's hard to know what mrsb's political colours are as she was very late registering to vote, and also thought that it was all a waste of time anyway. Given her suggestions to date, I guessing George Galloway's Respect Party may have influenced her in some way.

Precisely :thumbdown:

Labour really needs to move away from the Blairite/Brownite debates of the past and re-inevent itself, if it's to win in 2020.

That's precisely why Chucka Umunna would have been such a good leadership candidate.He's untainted by the pre-2010 debates.

Hopefully,Andy Burnham can now step into the breach.It really doesn't look if Yvette Cooper is all that interested.

Tricky choice for Labour now, especially on the Unison front. Dump the union connection and maybe get a bit more political traction, or stay with them and get the income. Probably, Andy Burnham will play a part in that choice.

Back