• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

Labour really needs to move away from the Blairite/Brownite debates of the past and re-inevent itself, if it's to win in 2020.

That's precisely why Chucka Umunna would have been such a good leadership candidate.He's untainted by the pre-2010 debates.

Hopefully,Andy Burnham can now step into the breach.It really doesn't look if Yvette Cooper is all that interested.

How would you like to see them re-invented?

Tricky choice for Labour now, especially on the Unison front. Dump the union connection and maybe get a bit more political traction, or stay with them and get the income. Probably, Andy Burnham will play a part in that choice.

I think you mean Unite with the vile Len McCluskey at the helm. However the awful Dave Prentis of Unison did send me an e-mail telling me to vote so I did but not alas the way he wanted me to. A colleague got an e-mail from his union the GMB actually saying to vote Labour. I think he was also inspired by their arrogance. I make Barna right. Labour are dead as things stand.

I think you mean Unite with the vile Len McCluskey at the helm. However the awful Dave Prentis of Unison did send me an e-mail telling me to vote so I did but not alas the way he wanted me to. A colleague got an e-mail from his union the GMB actually saying to vote Labour. I think he was also inspired by their arrogance. I make Barna right. Labour are dead as things stand.

I actually meant Unison and Unite.

Poor old Chuka didn't like the intrusion. Bless his heart, perhaps he shouldn't have been such the media whore he was in the past. Hope McCluskey gets his wish and they pick another left winger. That will be the country safe for at least ten years.

Poor old Chuka didn't like the intrusion. Bless his heart, perhaps he shouldn't have been such the media whore he was in the past. Hope McCluskey gets his wish and they pick another left winger. That will be the country safe for at least ten years.

If only Steve Tilson was in charge of Unite. The Labour Leader would also be able to switch to the centre.

Whats that got to do with how you would like to see Labour re-invent themselves?

Not a lot really.

Personally, I'd like to see Labour become an effective oppostion against even deeper Tory cuts and also be at the forefront of an anti-austerity campaign.

I'm not exactly holding my breath about the latter, though.Hopefully, the SNP will lead the way, where Labour fear to tread.

Not a lot really.

Personally, I'd like to see Labour become an effective oppostion against even deeper Tory cuts and also be at the forefront of an anti-austerity campaign.

I'm not exactly holding my breath about the latter, though.Hopefully, the SNP will lead the way, where Labour fear to tread.

If the SNP get FFA or whatever they will bankrupt Scotland. Anti austerity? This is another word for spending what you've not got and crippling economies. If Scotland want to end up like Greece it's up to them.

If Scotland want to end up like Greece it's up to them.

they've tried once before. Didn't get very far though...

c_7871.jpg

Haha quality,

I hope the LP will be out of power for ever,they sold the country down the river then admitted "we got it wrong".Already they are bickering over who will be leader whilst Chuka the new golden boy soon ducked under the table.

The Katie Hopkins of Shrimperzone....

Personalities aside, it does seem post election that there is more of an appetite to admit the previous faults of Labour particularly on the economy.
Labour now need to decide who and what they represent, which is not going to be easy without alienating sections of their support.

Personalities aside, it does seem post election that there is more of an appetite to admit the previous faults of Labour particularly on the economy.
Labour now need to decide who and what they represent, which is not going to be easy without alienating sections of their support.
Yeah, inevitable time of reflection - slowing the leadership decision down is probably wise, no benefit in rushing in.

Haha quality,

I hope the LP will be out of power for ever,they sold the country down the river then admitted "we got it wrong".Already they are bickering over who will be leader whilst Chuka the new golden boy soon ducked under the table.

Why so much bitterness mrsblue? Have you suffered personally at their hands, or do you have friends that told you stuff?

Back