• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future It's DONE! COSU Own The Club.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Genuine congratulations from a Col U fan. I stated before, the situation you were in overrode individual club rivalries and I look forward to one day resuming normal rivalries.
I may retain my membership to this forum for some resumed rivalry banter when the time is right 🤣🤣
Have a few beers tonight one and all, you definitely deserve it 🍻🍻🍻🍻

What an absolute relief to see this. I am making do with an old bottle of sangria left over from hols. Even a glass of water would taste brilliant at the moment

Get in! Lets make sure this good feeling lasts all season from the stands! Expecting a carnival atmosphere every game at Roots Hall and sing the boys to promotion!

What an incredible feeling this is after all the pain we have had to put up with . We all deserve this and just a massive thanks to COSU , Kev and all staff and Players for sticking with us.. Up the Blues !!!

Mood:

Don't Stop Me Now (Queen)
Song 2 (Blur)
Things Can Only Get Better (D:Ream)
Celebration (Kool and the Gang)
**** You (Lily Allen)
I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor)
You're History (Shakespeare's Sister)
Hit The Road Jack (Ray Charles)
Who Needs You? (Queen)
Smile (Lily Allen)
Just Can't Enough (Nouvelle Vague)
Hit The Road Jack (Ray Charles)
Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye (Steam)
Let's Dance (David Bowie)
You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) (Sylvester)
Death On Two Legs (Queen)
I Got You (I Feel Good) (James Brown)
Perfect Day (Lou Reed)
Reasons To Be Cheerful (Ian Dury and the Blockheads)
Get The Party Started (Shirley Bassey)
Let's Have A Party (Wanda Jackson)
Woo Hoo (The 5, 6, 7, 8s)
Atomic (Sleeper)
The Red Dwarf Theme (Howard Goodall)
Move Your Feet (Junior Senior)
Dog Days Are Over (Florence and the Machine)
Girls Just Want To Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper)
Violently Happy (Björk)
God Is A DJ (Faithless)
Daydream Believer (The Monkees)
Friday I’m In Love (The Cure)
Shake A Tailfeather (Ray Charles)
Sunshine On Leith (The Proclaimers)
(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (Aretha Franklin)
Everybody’s Gonna Be Happy (The Kinks)
Dance with the Devil ..COSU Powell

Excellent news..............Interesting comment from Nick De Marco KC on Twitter, he is a leading Sports Lawyer and has represented Southend for 20 years.

Been checking most of the day for updates on the future and season tickets. I cycle up the shops and it all happens!!! Should have cycled up there a month ago. Close to tears. Can't wait to be back at RH. COME ON YOU BLUES🎉🍺🎉🍺🎉🎉

Excellent news..............Interesting comment from Nick De Marco KC on Twitter, he is a leading Sports Lawyer and has represented Southend for 20 years.

Nick De Marco KC

@nickdemarco_

So pleased for Southend United that the takeover has gone through.Southend have been a client of mine for the best part of 20 years, and there have been various difficult cases - but nothing compared to the stress of the last few weeks. It’s public knowledge that the National League imposed a bond, requiring the Club to pay £1 million to compete in the forthcoming season. There were times I feared for the future of the Club. So I’m delighted things are now resolved & look forward to the Club going forward & returning to the EFL. Whatever the publicity and profile of acting for big PL club or player, there is nothing quite like the highs & lows of acting for a club, over 118 years old, fighting for survival. Many congratulations to the new owners and to all the staff & fans of Southend but especially to Tom Lawrence, the CEO, who as I know has worked round the clock in very challenging circumstances doing everything to get this result. There shall also, soon, be at least one published decision arising from a hearing which should be of interest to some

Get in!

Although does appear to be a typo in the statement “thanks to Ron and Jack Martin, who have acted with integrity and professionalism
I think that's just down to COSU having class, something that's going to take a while to get used to after a total lack of it over the past years. Now I think a brisk walk down to the Leigh Brewery is called for ... and a slow weaving walk back.

Back