• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future It's DONE! COSU Own The Club.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Fantastic news. Glad it's done but forgive me for being glass half full - there's no terms stated here.

They own the club - do they own roots hall?

The predecessor was named rat and rightly so, so what tricks does he have up his sleeve. Where is this going to bite us?

Do we own boots and laces? What's the situation with where we train?

What about roots hall?

Still plenty to be confirmed.

I'll raise a glass of beer tonight but the champagne remains on ice
COSU were never going to own RH, that will be POSU. It is also well documented that we will remain in RH on a long term lease (25 years is still the term I think) until pp for FF is granted and the charges can be released on the ground. Then the ownership can transfer. That's a long way off.

Savour the moment. We've just had long awaited, good news.

So so pleased ..been going since 1977 my grandfather went to first leauge game at the kursaal in 1920 ...now sufc fulfill that untapped potential the whole city will now get behind us i think 😁

Now to start hitting F5 on this page

Me too, it will be sweet to see Ron Martin in the resigned section and some shiny new faces in active

At last we have a football club to support again.

For those of us a little old in the tooth a very welcome and poignant moment.

Sincere thanks to all of the Consortium who made it happen.

Special kudos also extended to KM and JS for sticking with us throughout in what were often very uncertain times.

I also want to express my gratitude to those ITK posters (especially Medway Blue and Tribal Chief) who finger on the pulse during the last six weeks kept me (as well as others no doubt!) informed thus saving me from much unnecessary anxiety.

Can it be true? We can really read about impeding transfers again!

I am off to that thread never to return to this one!

I’m guessing that part of the release statement was drafted by Ron and was part of his demands connected to completion, that must have burnt JR’s fingers to press send with that in there….

Oh well time will out the truth re Ron’s integrity…….
I bet, now time to crack open a fosters and forget about that odious little rat

Mood:

Don't Stop Me Now (Queen)
Song 2 (Blur)
Things Can Only Get Better (D:Ream)
Celebration (Kool and the Gang)
**** You (Lily Allen)
I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor)
You're History (Shakespeare's Sister)
Hit The Road Jack (Ray Charles)
Who Needs You? (Queen)
Smile (Lily Allen)
Just Can't Enough (Nouvelle Vague)
Hit The Road Jack (Ray Charles)
Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye (Steam)
Let's Dance (David Bowie)
You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) (Sylvester)
Death On Two Legs (Queen)
I Got You (I Feel Good) (James Brown)
Perfect Day (Lou Reed)
Reasons To Be Cheerful (Ian Dury and the Blockheads)
Get The Party Started (Shirley Bassey)
Let's Have A Party (Wanda Jackson)
Woo Hoo (The 5, 6, 7, 8s)
Atomic (Sleeper)
The Red Dwarf Theme (Howard Goodall)
Move Your Feet (Junior Senior)
Dog Days Are Over (Florence and the Machine)
Girls Just Want To Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper)
Violently Happy (Björk)
God Is A DJ (Faithless)
Daydream Believer (The Monkees)
Friday I’m In Love (The Cure)
Shake A Tailfeather (Ray Charles)
Sunshine On Leith (The Proclaimers)
(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (Aretha Franklin)
Everybody’s Gonna Be Happy (The Kinks)

Back