• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future It's DONE! COSU Own The Club.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Well I went out and had too many beers last evening, checked here before I went to sleep and nothing. Had to get up in the middle of the night for a pee and checked on here again and WALLOP it’s done.

Have a bit of a hangover this morning but at least the news makes it a bit better. 🍻🍻🍻🇬🇸🥴

Attachments

• 1721433106398.png
    1721433106398.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 13
#theclubthatrefusedtodie

What a day yesterday was, what a rollercoaster last couple of years we've been through.

Thank you to all the staff at the football club who have hung in there through extremely difficult circumstances.

Thank you to @StanCollymore for getting this ball rolling and to Tom for picking up that baton and running with it. Thank you to Justin and all the COSU members for falling in love with this crazy, mixed up mess of a football club and deciding to take it on, nourish it and bring it roaring back to life.

Thank you to Anna Firth for getting behind things, for her very proactive role in seeking better governance in football for all, and for trying to mediate between Ron and everyone else. Thank you to Tony Cox, who started things off with the council and to Daniel Cowan for having the balls to tell Ron to put up or shut up.

Thank you to my colleagues on the Shrimpers Trust working group - to Paul Fitz, Paul Y, Liam (@Liam AAS), James (@Medway Blue), JP (@jphfitz), Rob (@Exiled Shrimper) and Clare - and to Mike Paterson and Sam Duckworth, for their tireless work in the background. Apologies to anyone else involved that I've missed out.

Thank you to those of you genuinely in the know on here - James and @Tribal Chief, you, my friend, especially - for helping us to keep the faith even in the darkest of times.

And now we can look forward to a brighter future, a unified fan base with owners who actually are invested in us, the fans. On to the new season - it's time to smash this league!

Last edited:
Has anyone invited Alison Moyet to come back to Roots Hall, so we can officially now adopt Blue as our club song?

I want to offer my thanks to every single one of you who has finally made this happen!
Thank you for standing by us in the darkest hours. The love for this club has been proven over and over, to get our club back from the clutches of several decades of poor ownership.

Thank goodness. A new era has begun!

Back