• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future It's DONE! COSU Own The Club.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Has anyone invited Alison Moyet to come back to Roots Hall, so we can officially now adopt Blue as our club song?

I want to offer my thanks to every single one of you who has finally made this happen!
Thank you for standing by us in the darkest hours. The love for this club has been proven over and over, to get our club back from the clutches of several decades of poor ownership.

Thank goodness. A new era has begun!
As most of you know, Alison(Alf)MBE, was a regular at Roots Hall. Her life moved on. She moved out of the area, currently living in Brighton with her husband and kids. We would love to see Alison back at Roots Hall. She fell in love with Southend United when we were really bad, and attendances were in the low Thousands. So a glory hunter, she most certainly was not.
She got rightly upset with some on here suggesting she should use her money to save the club years ago. She even responded on here. So I'm not sure she would be willing to come back to The Hall. I hope she has forgiven those fans. Fans were desperate at the time for anyone to come in and save the club. In this era of a new beginning, Alison(Probably our most famous fan) turning up for a game or two, would be the icing on the cake.

As most of you know, Alison(Alf)MBE, was a regular at Roots Hall. Her life moved on. She moved out of the area, currently living in Brighton with her husband and kids. We would love to see Alison back at Roots Hall. She fell in love with Southend United when we were really bad, and attendances were in the low Thousands. So a glory hunter, she most certainly was not.
She got rightly upset with some on here suggesting she should use her money to save the club years ago. She even responded on here. So I'm not sure she would be willing to come back to The Hall. I hope she has forgiven those fans. Fans were desperate at the time for anyone to come in and save the club. In this era of a new beginning, Alison(Probably our most famous fan) turning up for a game or two, would be the icing on the cake.
She is touring too, so this may be a factor. Playing at Cliffs on 17th March. Sold out in minutes.

Unless COSU have switched the whole ground 180 technically that sunrise is actually last nights sunset.

But that's myself being pedantic.

Edit:
Wasn't me being pedantic. It was me bring moronic. The picture is from the car park looking out to what was the sunrise 🌅

I did wonder if it was all an amazing dream I've had many times over. Woke up and confirmed it's truly happened.

Last edited:
Unless COSU have switched the whole ground 180 technically that sunrise is actually last nights sunset.

I did wonder if it was all an amazing dream I've had many times over. Woke up and confirmed it's truly happened.
I'm not sure about that. Looks to me like the photo is looking east through the gates out towards Victoria Avenue.

Unless I missed it - for which, apologies - was there any feedback on the post of Cricko's (#159) whereby Nick De Marco KC stated "....There shall also, soon, be at least one published decision arising from a hearing which should be of interest to some." ? Do we have any idea what this is about ?

TIA

Err, no. That's from INSIDE the gates looking out.

Reactions: GBJ
Unless I missed it - for which, apologies - was there any feedback on the post of Cricko's (#159) whereby Nick De Marco KC stated "....There shall also, soon, be at least one published decision arising from a hearing which should be of interest to some." ? Do we have any idea what this is about ?

TIA
Yes. Not my place to say, but absolutely nothing to be remotely concerned about.

Don't know what I was expecting to see last night but it seemed a little subdued. I suppose it could be that the majority of us have been so exhausted by the whole, drawn out process, we're either too tired to celebrate or still pinching ourselves to make sure its not all a dream. Maybe it's a personal thing which people will toast privately, in their own way. I think that I'll open a bottle of champagne tomorrow.....really too hot yesterday or today. I'll remember what was, for me, one of our darkest moments. Cooking one evening after the blackest of days, I had tears in my eyes. My wife asked what was the matter and when I eplained, her reply was, "I didn't know it meant that much to you!" Nearly fifty years together.....and does she really know me?!:ROFL: Writing this the tears return but are now ones of emotion, relief, hope and joy.

Had a few too many last night so left it until this morning to add my thanks (now im more clear minded)

Thanks dont really begin to sum up the feeling, but ill try my best.

COSU obviously , thanks for sorting this out so that our precious club survives, what you had to go thru trying to deal with "him that that shall no longer be named !!!" and his spawn must have been really trying and for sticking it thru to the end and giving hope when we were starting to have one will not be forgotten.

The players, the management team, the backroom staff and all the other staff at the club , honestly how you managed to deal with all this for so long and stick with what went on without walking away astounds me. Your truly deserve recognition.

The MP's, councilors, SBC and others for having the fortutude and guts to finally put "he should not be named !!" in a posiition whereby finally getting the sale sorted was practically his only option.

Theres loads more people to thank of course and i cant remember them all but everyone deserves credit for what they have done to get this tranaction over the line!!
The Trust
Stan (the man) Collymore
Tom Lawrence
just a few names from a much bigger list!!

And finally us lot on here and the fans in general from both Southend and other Clubs,, in our darkest days we truly showed the Southend lives up to its name UNITED!!! special thanks also to the Mods of this forum and notable names ie Medway, Tribal Chief, LondonBlue, Kent Blue etc, who when we were all starting to dispair, tried to keep us forum members up to date with developments as much as they were able to.

Now lets kick on and concentrate on what we should be and thats the football and cheering the lads on this season and out of this league.
Come on You Blues !!!!!

Back