• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future It's DONE! COSU Own The Club.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
A really incredible day. It's been an awful few years, it's no secret our ex owner has affected the mental health of so many fans. Here's to an absolutely incredible season!

Worth taking a moment to think about all the Shrimpers who are no longer here and didn't get to see COSU take over, let's get promotion for them as much as Kev and the boys. UTB 🦐

I would to give a big thank you to Stanley Victor Colleymore for starting the ball rolling. To joining us and being one of the best players ever to wear the fabled shirt and to taking the time and energy to help us when we were at our lowest ebb. I am in awe of the affection in which this man holds our club.
Time for “The Colleymore Stand” !!???

He deserves it.

I've been saving this for today. A tribute to all of you classy dancers out there that just may be ready for a bit of man dancing now the lubricating liquids of this afternoon are starting to take effect.

Man.gif

Can't quite believe it's finally done.
Took my grandson on a tour of the Hall yesterday. Seeing all the ex players shirts, the memorial to Mike North, the pennant from the FA cup game against Chelsea bought home just how central the club has been to me over the years. Just hope my grandson is still watching them in 40 years time.

490 days, 490 days since being put up for sale, we are finally sold.

A day that many never thought would come, but we are so thankful it has.

Spare a thought for those Shrimpers that have passed away during this whole sorry saga. They never got to see this bright new future we are going to have, they never got to celebrate with us all tonight by raising a glass to COSU.

The news broke as I picked up my eldest from pre-school, but I knew what was coming. The players were in a meeting this afternoon and were told this news before it went public, and rightly so. I believe staff were included too. I hope they get their bonus, but the only chance of that happening is from COSU.

I’m thankful that the people I speak to, not just in the club, never believed this would ever be the end. The countless “final” court appearances, embargoes, point deductions and being literally minutes away from being booted out. Rightly or wrongly, they have always displayed confidence to me, so I haven’t felt some of the things you’ve all felt, but what a sense of relief now it’s done.

Over 1,000 season tickets sold already, which must be a record for how quick they’ve gone. I expect a very good up take on the shirts too.

There are so many to thank in all this. Stan Collymore, Tom Lawrence, Kev Maher, Mark Bentley, Darren Currie (and the other backroom staff), the players (even those that have moved on), and of course COSU. Obviously there are people I’ve forgotten too.

I wish I was in the Railway tonight, or even in the Roots Hall car park earlier. Unfortunately, I’m in the middle of trying to get kids to sleep. One down, the youngest to go.

I’ve got some beers in the fridge that I can’t wait to get open, once I’ve got my youngest to sleep.

Enjoy the evening everyone. This is just the start.

Spare a thought for those Shrimpers that have passed away during this whole sorry saga. They never got to see this bright new future we are going to have, they never got to celebrate with us all tonight by raising a glass to COSU.

The news broke as I picked up my eldest from pre-school, but I knew what was coming. The players were in a meeting this afternoon and were told this news before it went public, and rightly so. I believe staff were included too. I hope they get their bonus, but the only chance of that happening is from COSU.

I’m thankful that the people I speak to, not just in the club, never believed this would ever be the end. The countless “final” court appearances, embargoes, point deductions and being literally minutes away from being booted out. Rightly or wrongly, they have always displayed confidence to me, so I haven’t felt some of the things you’ve all felt, but what a sense of relief now it’s done.

Over 1,000 season tickets sold already, which must be a record for how quick they’ve gone. I expect a very good up take on the shirts too.

There are so many to thank in all this. Stan Collymore, Tom Lawrence, Kev Maher, Mark Bentley, Darren Currie (and the other backroom staff), the players (even those that have moved on), and of course COSU. Obviously there are people I’ve forgotten too.

I wish I was in the Railway tonight, or even in the Roots Hall car park earlier. Unfortunately, I’m in the middle of trying to get kids to sleep. One down, the youngest to go.

I’ve got some beers in the fridge that I can’t wait to get open, once I’ve got my youngest to sleep.

Cheers @BoyWonder2 .. likewise I’m at home having a few cans. Let’s get some transfer gossip going eh 😎 .. I bet the players and staff are buzzing and can’t wait for the new season.

So many of our fans on Twitter/X saying they are pleased the deal has gone through for your club, it is great to see such solidarity amongst the fans of the two biggest football clubs in Essex, now you are safe we can get back to hating each other again:Clap::Whistling:
Fair! 😂

If the shoe was on the other foot, I'd have been gutted to see you guys fold

We need to get the Essex derby back on the map

Hero

Back