• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future It's DONE! COSU Own The Club.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Wish I lived more local...

Beers are going down nicely.

We've all waited a long time for this.

Tonight I shall raise a drink to...

Sir Tom
King Kev
Benno and Daz
The players

Justin and the rest of COSU

Each and every one of the staff members at the club that have stuck through everything and made each week so much worth it. To the staff that couldn't stay for security and livelihoods.

The others behind the scenes that have contributed to this such as Anna and Daniel and others in similar capacities.

The lawyers that fought our beef and bacon every (week) when needed.

The suppliers of all stock and time to ensure that our games went ahead and more.

Their are so many people that have done so many things, some we know about and some we don't. People that have done really small things that contribute on a massive scale.

Then theirs the fans. The beautiful fans. To the people that went to the protests, Shrimpers Trust, to the people that prayed, to the people that followed us up and down the country, to the people that will now come back after not setting foot for so long, let's have a blooming good drink and saviour each and everyone and everything that makes this our club.

We are the Shrimpers, Southend United and we are only just beginning!
Well said Ben ❤️

Wish I could get out tonight and join some of you on this glorious day but unfortunately I can’t but I am on my third glass of wine in celebration and I cannot put into words how I am actually feeling right now and if I could bottle this happiness I presently have I would the only down side for me is that sadly my April won’t be around to now to see the good times at the club when she has rode the not so good times

Enjoy everyone whatever way you celebrate tonight
Much love to you allIMG_1315.jpeg

Of course thanks go to Justin, and the consortium etc…

But thanks, for me personally, has to also go to you guys on here, and every other SUFC fan - these tough times have brought us together; of course arguments, spats, whatever you want to call them have happened here and there, but we got through this TOGETHER. I am so proud to call myself a Southend United fan, and a member of this fantastic forum, full of honest, decent people.

Thank you all

Obviously I'm overjoyed.
However there's a deep layer of anger too.
Ratty slag has almost destroyed My heart and soul. His greed and sh1thousery has been painful.
Coupled with the NL punishing us twice past season.
I'm so up for this season, let's be loud, obnoxious even, make roots hall horrible for opposing teams then make sure our away support is waaaay OTT, let's Ave it.

The forum members are a group to be so proud of. I speak for my grandfather, dad, uncles and other relatives and friends who worked at the club over the last century plus and are no longer with us - you today are amazing. You are all part of a fabulous family of fans and the ancestors of this town salute you!

Obviously I'm overjoyed.
However there's a deep layer of anger too.
Ratty slag has almost destroyed My heart and soul. His greed and sh1thousery has been painful.
Coupled with the NL punishing us twice past season.
I'm so up for this season, let's be loud, obnoxious even, make roots hall horrible for opposing teams then make sure our away support is waaaay OTT, let's Ave it.
You always were a lightweight Lee!

Joking mate, well done. Your messages still make me moist after all of these years.

Overwhelming feeling of relief for me, I don’t get to many games (living in Manchester doesn’t help) but I’m delighted that I’ve still got a club to follow, and a club I can take my son to see when playing locally.

I can only imagine the joy, relief, and jubilation those of you who invest so much more time (and money) than me. The future is bright.

Enjoy the evening, the beers, and don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.

Have a great night all.

A true tail of perseverance and determination.

Massive thanks to COSU for hanging in there. Local Politicians past and present for backing the club in its hour of need. To Stan for caring enough to start putting wheels in motion. To the Shrimpers Trust for doing so much behind the scenes and their visible efforts.

To the club staff for all their efforts under the most trying of circumstances.

Lastly the players and management staff, for still giving us a team to be proud of and can now actually start a season in a positive situation to take this club forward once more.

Southend United, the club that refused to die!

UTB

Last edited:
Back