• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future It's DONE! COSU Own The Club.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Absolutely fantastic news. Of course there’s more to come and I’m sure we’ll find out more details soon but let’s enjoy this over the weekend!

A huge thank you to Tom Lawrence, COSU, the staff, players, Council, and everyone who has made this happen and kept the club alive over the last couple of years from the bottom of this shrimper’s heart.

UTB

Who was it that said it'll never happen ? Mrs Brown's Ghost or Forever Blue??
Well its certainly happened. New chairman at last.
#nevergiveup
May the club never repeat the failure to produce a programme ever again.
Just got to get back in the league, 3yrs tops i reckon.
Yeah it was forever blue, but part of what he was saying was about the rats conduct that’ll come out soon enough (apparently)

Couple of Qs:

What row of West Stand to the pillars start blocking the view?

If I buy can I then go in to ticket office and see the stand and move seats does anyone know?
All of them lol

Try the seats before you buy. I did this when I first chose my seats. If they can give you a print of the seats already reserved that would be helpful otherwise your step count going back and forth to the T/O will be quite high.

Also I thought the website could give you an idea of the view from a seat?

Fantastic, incredible, amazing (etc etc) news! Finally we can hope to build a club that we can all be proud of. This is something that has weighed heavy on this club for a long time now and finally we can look forward to enjoying the football and good times again.

Everyone enjoy your celebrations. I will be raising a couple of glasses myself this evening to this monumental moment in our history!

Wish I lived more local...

Beers are going down nicely.

We've all waited a long time for this.

Tonight I shall raise a drink to...

Sir Tom
King Kev
Benno and Daz
The players

Justin and the rest of COSU

Each and every one of the staff members at the club that have stuck through everything and made each week so much worth it. To the staff that couldn't stay for security and livelihoods.

The others behind the scenes that have contributed to this such as Anna and Daniel and others in similar capacities.

The lawyers that fought our beef and bacon every (week) when needed.

The suppliers of all stock and time to ensure that our games went ahead and more.

Their are so many people that have done so many things, some we know about and some we don't. People that have done really small things that contribute on a massive scale.

Then theirs the fans. The beautiful fans. To the people that went to the protests, Shrimpers Trust, to the people that prayed, to the people that followed us up and down the country, to the people that will now come back after not setting foot for so long, let's have a blooming good drink and saviour each and everyone and everything that makes this our club.

We are the Shrimpers, Southend United and we are only just beginning!

Back