• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In defence of the Club Shop

Liam’s a good lad. Spoke to him at the Chelmsford game & told him not to let it get to him.

It’s a shame that the person who has written these comments can’t do his job for a day, just so see how demanding it is, especially on his own.

As I said to Liam, I could never work in any form of retail sector because the general public are pricks.
I wouldn’t want this prat to be anywhere near the club shot. Idiot - and supposedly a supporter.

Some people have no class or any idea how to behave on social media. I would hope they are totally ashamed of themselves and have the decency to apologise, but I doubt it.

That is just shocking. Liam needs a medal for what he's been through over the last couple of years.
On the kit launch a week or so back, the poor lad was rushed off his feet, but was polite, efficient and helpful. And he's a true Shrimper

Like a car crash I'm intrigued to see this cesspit of a facebook group. Anyone got a link or is it by invite only
No, I think it's simply Southend United.

I have the name of the person who made the post as Liam's mum, who was also obviously upset by it, screenshot it and sent it to me. It's a quite well known supporter, who really should know better. I'm not going to name him (don't think he's on SZ) as I'm told the post has since been deleted, but not before plenty had seen it.

It’s probably the same tŵat that was at Wealdstone away last season who was calling everyone a sh&t supporter because they wasn’t joining with his singing.
How I wanted to lay one on that pr!ck.

No, I think it's simply Southend United.

I have the name of the person who made the post as Liam's mum, who was also obviously upset by it, screenshot it and sent it to me. It's a quite well known supporter, who really should know better. I'm not going to name him (don't think he's on SZ) as I'm told the post has since been deleted, but not before plenty had seen it.

@OldBlueLady I still say 'name & shame'!!!

See #21

It's come to my attention via a comment from Chris Phillips on Twitter/X, that someone has posted some really derogatory comments about Liam who works in the Club shop on the Southend FB group (which I'm not a member of, as I found it way too toxic). Now, I've known Liam for a very long time, as I used to be a TA in his year group many years ago at school, his family sit right by us in the ground and I know that I've only EVER seen posts about him on social media that say how helpful he is.

Comment included this, which I found particularly distasteful: "I tried to buy three shirts at 5.47pm on Thursday. Not 5 mins earlier, a man had walked out clutching an away shirt. "We're closed in 'ere, mate," was the deadpan comment from the disinterested, bored looking, beardy-faced sloth."

I know for a fact that Liam has been in there till 9pm frequently since kit launch day, sorting kit for shelves, and filling orders for the online orders. Pretty sure the closing time was, officially, 5pm, and just maybe the bloke who walked out holding a shirt had bought that before queuing for tickets? Some people need to get over themselves and maybe have a little empathy for staff who have worked throughout the difficult times.

He's been really upset by this and even thought about handing his notice in.

I am so angry that a so called supporter has posted this comment.
Hear hear, Kay. Whoever wrote this isn’t a ‘supporter’. They may be a ‘fan’ but they wouldn’t recognise support if it was their conjoined twin. What an absolute no mark.

My recommendation for anyone getting abuse on twitter is to leave the platform.

It's easily the worst of social media since Musk took control and has become a place to spread hate and division, seemingly without repercussions.

Makes you really appreciate the job the mods on here do, to be honest.

Can I ask why the title of this has been changed? The incident occurred on FB. Chris referred to it on X.

Is there something we/the Trust can do for him to show him our support and make him feel valued? Buy him tickets and travel for an away game, give him a Chris Powell mug etc?

Would be nice if something positive was to come from this.

More generally it would be good if we can as many staff on the pitch at half-time as possible (appreciate some staff will be doing their jobs) who stuck with us through the takeover for a round of applause.

What a shame. How can people not realise that not only have all club and shop staff gone above and beyond for the last two years, but also that they are currently experiencing extreme volumes of work?

We have seen in recent days the damage that social media and misinformation is doing to our society, it's time reasonable people start deleting accounts IMO. Leave the moaners and the idiots to it.

Is there something we/the Trust can do for him to show him our support and make him feel valued? Buy him tickets and travel for an away game, give him a Chris Powell mug etc?

More generally it would be good if we can as many staff on the pitch at half-time as possible (appreciate some staff will be doing their jobs) who stuck with us through the takeover for a round of applause.
Great idea YB, I'll put that forward.

Who made the comments? I imagine CP would’ve booted them straight out the group and rightly so. Honestly I despair sometimes. What is wrong with people.

What a shame. How can people not realise that not only have all club and shop staff gone above and beyond for the last two years, but also that they are currently experiencing extreme volumes of work?

We have seen in recent days the damage that social media and misinformation is doing to our society, it's time reasonable people start deleting accounts IMO. Leave the moaners and the idiots to it.
Social media should go.

IMG_5111.jpeg

The fact a Google search and the club web site have different opening times needs addressing along with accurate times added to outside the shop.

That is what I would expect from any other shop so we should have the same standards and hopefully will do in due course.

That said when shop did open this morning to quite a queue with a few 9-30 arrivals the staff where both friendly and efficient.

Yes I was thinking also along these lines. There are so many people that should be recognised publicly ahead of our first game against York. Without them we just wouldnt be holding this fixture. In particular the back room staff, and certain political figures who helped save us from going under, and getting the takeover across the line.

Yes I was thinking also along these lines. There are so many people that should be recognised publicly ahead of our first game against York. Without them we just wouldnt be holding this fixture. In particular the back room staff, and certain political figures who helped save us from going under, and getting the takeover across the line.
This needs to be back office staff only. Give them their moment in the spotlight and don’t let others use to the limelight overshadow them on this occasion.

If we want to recognise politicians, the consortium, Maher, Currie, Bentley, Still etc we can do so on another occasion.

Back