• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question If Season Cards are on sale this week, will you buy one?

If Season Cards are on sale this week, will you buy one?

• Total voters
I definitely want to renew but hopefully there will be a couple of weeks notice to renew your seat. The main worry is how? Surely there will need to be an online renewal system rather than the debarcle we had last year of having to be on hold for hours or turn up to renew. Not everyone is local!
I just checked and last year season cards went on sale at the end of March. It's now July so it's going to be a bit of a mad rush, for sure.

I assume COSU have been planning behind the scenes and might be looking at some competitive pricing to placate the 'would've been' early birds and draw in some newbies. If we go straight in at £450 for an adult, I can't see us shifting 5k. I know most here would be happy to pay £450 or £500 even .. but not someone who's currently a 'maybe'.

Looking at some of the capacity/availability numbers it makes the capacity restoration a pressing issue potentially.

I assume COSU have been planning behind the scenes and might be looking at some competitive pricing to placate the 'would've been' early birds and draw in some newbies. If we go straight in at £450 for an adult, I can't see us shifting 5k. I know most here would be happy to pay £450 or £500 even .. but not someone who's currently a 'maybe'.

this is my thought process as well -

do they go in high - to recoup some of their outlay and us loyal fans just purchase at whatever the cost is, or

do they go in low - to attract newbies, maybes and returning older fans, whilst also taking into account the cost of living and we’re in the NL

🤔

this is my thought process as well -

do they go in high - to recoup some of their outlay and us loyal fans just purchase at whatever the cost is, or

do they go in low - to attract newbies, maybes and returning older fans, whilst also taking into account the cost of living and we’re in the NL

🤔

I'd have thought last year +5 to 10%, is that high or low?

I just checked and last year season cards went on sale at the end of March. It's now July so it's going to be a bit of a mad rush, for sure.

Given last years were £340 I'd surprised to see that large an increase. £360 or lower hopefully

Surely the new owners will address those issues regarding not being able to sell tickets in parts of Roots Hall. Not great for business if you can only sell 7,500 for home fans.

Of course. But it seems unlikely that it’ll be resolved by the time we kick off the season at RH.

If the deal had been done back in April time, then sure, we may have rectified certain issues, but you’ve got to understand we have had one part of our stadium condemned. To put that right, it won’t be a quick fix.

Of course. But it seems unlikely that it’ll be resolved by the time we kick off the season at RH.

If the deal had been done back in April time, then sure, we may have rectified certain issues, but you’ve got to understand we have had one part of our stadium condemned. To put that right, it won’t be a quick fix.
What are the issues out of interest?

I’m not denying they are good for the club, but some of us have long memories when 99 % thought Ronnie was the messiah handing out mobile to everyone, e mail me blah blah blah
No one buys a football club for the love, it’s business and these guys have not been a success and made millions without being ruthless it’s the nature of the beast
As said I will wait three years and see how things pan out, so easy to caught in the adulation whilst on a high , like many were with Ronnie
Sincerely hope they are the real deal , but when tough decisions have to be made, will everyone still be behind them
I have to disagree some do by clubs for love, granted not the overwhelming majority but I look at people like Jack Walker who owned Blackburn.

COSU obviously see the potential in Southend, plus John Watson is a life long fan, I happen to know him as he’s in my trade.

I take your other points though we have had our fingers burnt as a club many times
Anton Johnson Christ
Vic jobson I felt had his heart in the right plus but lemonade pockets
Ron ****ing ****er **** 🤣

I have to disagree some do by clubs for love, granted not the overwhelming majority but I look at people like Jack Walker who owned Blackburn.

COSU obviously see the potential in Southend, plus John Watson is a life long fan, I happen to know him as he’s in my trade.

I take your other points though we have had our fingers burnt as a club many times
Anton Johnson Christ
I was even thinking of removing the swear filter for that last line, as that is what we all think.

I recall the start of the Martin era too, and it started with a lot of concerns about them being property men. Lots of suspicion and questions, but at the same time, relief that we had a buyer to take over from Vic, who at the time was seen as a villian (villian with a very small 'v' given what we have/are going through now!).
A few years down the line and some investment in the squad and stadium - decent sound system, half time entertainment etc etc, those fears receded and an period of admiration was sent Rons way. Big plans for the future which most of us lapped up. A few bumps along the way that were dismissed as changes in HMRC rules etc and we all (most) bought it.
Finally after dismissing issues that had existential consequencies, it became apparent what lengths Ron would go to in order to not pay someone he owed, and gambled with the existance of the club, the penny started to drop.
With the consortium, I certainly have none of those conflict of interest fears of last time. Most are long term fans and Justin seems to want a challange (oh boy, did he get one!) and the fact its not one man as sole owner makes it much more comfortable.
I genuinely feel, we have landed on our feet, and must all now pull in the same direction to make us sustainable and successful once more.
Love that mate well said!

Anton Johnson Christ
It’s all about opinions, and as a follower since 1970, I only hope the best for the club
To old to be smooched over by talk and a steak meal 😂, nowadays clear soup and a small glass of beer
Genuinely do hope these are the real deal and see us into the promised land, and fans need to walk before we run
Only last season, the angst against Kev was simmering by some fans, hope and I expect COSU have thick skins, when perhaps the pathways to league status may not be instant as many expect x

It’s all about opinions, and as a follower since 1970, I only hope the best for the club
To old to be smooched over by talk and a steak meal 😂, nowadays clear soup and a small glass of beer
Genuinely do hope these are the real deal and see us into the promised land, and fans need to walk before we run
Only last season, the angst against Kev was simmering by some fans, hope and I expect COSU have thick skins, when perhaps the pathways to league status may not be instant as many expect x
Never to old for a steak meal son! 🥩

As the saying goes ‘many a good tune played on an old fiddle” 🎻

What are the issues out of interest?

There’s an issue with the NW corner roof I believe. This is why tickets for Block X, the yellow corner seats & half the NB cannot be sold on match days. It’s why the away fans were limited to 500(?) tickets.

There’s also murmuring about the concrete base in the West Stand, which is built on the side of a mud bank, but I don’t know how severe that is.

• Wow
Reactions: jnl
There’s an issue with the NW corner roof I believe. This is why tickets for Block X, the yellow corner seats & half the NB cannot be sold on match days. It’s why the away fans were limited to 500(?) tickets.

There’s also murmuring about the concrete base in the West Stand, which is built on the side of a mud bank, but I don’t know how severe that is.
I think the roof is a concern as well

Yep. I'll get one for the 1st time in 10 years after having one since the 80's before that. Wasn't really boycotting just wasn't happy paying to see a succession of poor teams & worse managers.
Where abouts are you going to sit Pete, I'm also going to get one after a number of years

I will buy for me and my boy if they go on sale. Hoping it is after the completion of the sale.

Not sure away end being limited to 500 makes any difference really- who would bring more than 500? Capacity excluding hospitality:

East Stand - 2,636 seats

Jonathan Rhys Recruitment South Stand - 2,071 seats

Gilbert & Rose Stand - 4,814 seats

Solopress North Bank - 2,222 seats

So which parts of the home stands can’t be used/fixed- should it be 9,621 less the NE corner? Surely some of it can be addressed

Back