• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Home kit 2023/24 - New Shirts Revealed

If the home shirt is to have blue, white and yellow featured would it be similar to the one when Alan Little was in charge? Blue shirt, white sleeves and yellow trim?

Right, I’m going to ask it. How come you know exactly what the new kits look like?! Do you work for Macron or something? 😂
Long story short. I paid a fella to design our kits. I've winged for the last 20 years to the club about out kits. Especially, during the teamwear years.

They got the ump with me. OK, smart *** come in and help us. This was last season. Because, of going from the awesome hummel ( didn't moan that year ) teamwear Macron was like a disaster.

Last season was called in by the club 24 hours notice of being asked. So no time to prepare.

I suggest, let's rip off the 88 kits. That was the plan. The blue and yellow the look. However, Ron debunked this too much of a change. I get it.

When last seasons come out. I thought, well that's not what I asked. However, this when I found out we as a bespoke service we are quite limited in what we can do. Design wise etc. I.e different textures on kit. We can't have embroidered etc. Fine. If u have the 88 kit. Different textures etc. Which is nuts! we can't have considering we had this on most of our 90s kits.

I'm learning each season. I thought, this season I emailed the club and said look I'm willing to pay a professional who does this for a living to work alongside Macron to design the best possible kits.

The way it usually happens. Macron design 3 templates and the club pick one and work with them. Last seasons designs was a joke. I rem, one being a blue camouflage like the col u away!

This season - my guy designed a load of templates for the club and Macron to pick. They did - he worked alongside Macron. Some of the designs absolutely beautiful. Once again. Limited in what we can do.

Brand new fresh designs - homage to former kits throughout the years. Colour schemes all through out the years too. They had the whole thing that represented Southend from our humble beginnings.

No. I don't work for them. I'm just passionate about kits. I think it's important that we look the best representing the club. I've only briefly seen next seasons. I'm a fan.

In other words on my head be it. I've dropped enough hints of the colour scheme on each kit. The Macron app is a good idea of what we get to work with Macron.

Going forward - I won't be paying or doing this anymore. I got yellow bk in some form on the home kit. I can die a happy man. Yes, I know not yellow is everyone cup of tea. We did do colour schemes we had throughout the years. The club n Macron picked the final designs not me!!! Just wanted to make this crystal clear!

Lastly, I've asked my guy if I can share the templates. He said, hold fire untill the kits are out etc. When I do get the nod. I will share with you lot.

Long story short. I paid a fella to design our kits. I've winged for the last 20 years to the club about out kits. Especially, during the teamwear years.

They got the ump with me. OK, smart *** come in and help us. This was last season. Because, of going from the awesome hummel ( didn't moan that year ) teamwear Macron was like a disaster.

Last season was called in by the club 24 hours notice of being asked. So no time to prepare.

I suggest, let's rip off the 88 kits. That was the plan. The blue and yellow the look. However, Ron debunked this too much of a change. I get it.

When last seasons come out. I thought, well that's not what I asked. However, this when I found out we as a bespoke service we are quite limited in what we can do. Design wise etc. I.e different textures on kit. We can't have embroidered etc. Fine. If u have the 88 kit. Different textures etc. Which is nuts! we can't have considering we had this on most of our 90s kits.

I'm learning each season. I thought, this season I emailed the club and said look I'm willing to pay a professional who does this for a living to work alongside Macron to design the best possible kits.

The way it usually happens. Macron design 3 templates and the club pick one and work with them. Last seasons designs was a joke. I rem, one being a blue camouflage like the col u away!

This season - my guy designed a load of templates for the club and Macron to pick. They did - he worked alongside Macron. Some of the designs absolutely beautiful. Once again. Limited in what we can do.

Brand new fresh designs - homage to former kits throughout the years. Colour schemes all through out the years too. They had the whole thing that represented Southend from our humble beginnings.

No. I don't work for them. I'm just passionate about kits. I think it's important that we look the best representing the club. I've only briefly seen next seasons. I'm a fan.

In other words on my head be it. I've dropped enough hints of the colour scheme on each kit. The Macron app is a good idea of what we get to work with Macron.

Going forward - I won't be paying or doing this anymore. I got yellow bk in some form on the home kit. I can die a happy man. Yes, I know not yellow is everyone cup of tea. We did do colour schemes we had throughout the years. The club n Macron picked the final designs not me!!! Just wanted to make this crystal clear!

Lastly, I've asked my guy if I can share the templates. He said, hold fire untill the kits are out etc. When I do get the nod. I will share with you lot.
Thanks @GIBBO . I need to know, how will the shirt badge be applied? The badge is such an important part of any kit and last seasons was ruined by it looking so cheaply applied. Will it be the same again?

Got to be the silver ldv final one surely?
No
Thanks @GIBBO . I need to know, how will the shirt badge be applied? The badge is such an important part of any kit and last seasons was ruined by it looking so cheaply applied. Will it be the same again?
I agree fella. This, i don't know. I did say this to them too about the badge. looked shocking last couple of seasons. Looked better last year.

We should have a proper embodied badge.

No

I agree fella. This, i don't know. I did say this to them too about the badge. looked shocking last couple of seasons. Looked better last year.

We should have a proper embodied badge.
last years badge was OK - the season before (first Macron season) well thats another story, some weren't even on straight

I admire you for getting involved in the kits. Top marks for your time, effort and money. But surely you could have done a poll to see what kit and colours we prefer. A lot of us like yellow being involved, and a lot of us hate it. Everyone I've asked hates it, including me. I never wanted to see yellow back in any form on home kits. Now if you wanted to re- introduce the Blue, white and red home kits, I would have been overjoyed. That colour mix was fantastic.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back